What's new

Pashto to be official language: Sikandar Sherpao

Whats the harm in it. But it should come with Sindhi Balochi and Punjabi being made official languages too.
@darkinsky, @RazorMC, @xyxmt it's good to think with someone elses shoes for once. Try to do it just once. Urdu speaker families like mine sold Bengal due to this same attitude-I can produce news headlines from the time. Its just a language and when we talk of the primacy of urdu we talk of our families privileged position on top. I saw this and how we represented the status quo. You might hate me but I am not really just merging as a Pashtun despite being a migrant essentially. I am challenging deep-rooted traditions and attacking ancient beliefs. By merging I seek to open our eyes that it was always possible to merge, become Sindhis. This is our migrants failure not the Sindhis or others.

Also it isn't the pathans who can't think beyond ethnicity. Its all of us. Meri darkhast hai key tum log unki nazar sey masley ko dekho. Their languages are dying in favor of Urdu and according to reports. Only 61% people can write the word zuban in Pashto. We Pakistanis are like a flower. Each petal comprises the flower, not just one petal. Urdu+Pashto+Punjabi+Seraiki and more make up this flower. So please. Let the Pashtuns decide.

The Pashtun in me sees this as a welcome step... but I am a Pakistani first and being one means loving all cultures and languages. This should only happen if Sindhi, Balochi and Punjabi too become official. @Chak Bamu, @Armstrong @Pukhtoon, @Hyperion what do you guys think?

urdu speakers sold bengal, dude you are really high on cocaine? i know you have self pity

but please dont try to disgrace other urdu speakers with your idiotic self pity

Last edited by a moderator:
There is much difference between National Language, Official Language & Mother-Tongue Language. If they declare Pashto as official language of KPK this means all govt jobs & may be private ones too will require you to speak Pashto. What will happen to non-Pashto speakers of KPK Province? Hazaras, Hindkoers, Kalashis, Urdu speakers, Punjabis, etc.

Also many people don't understand but Pakistan's National Language is Urdu, Official Language English & 64-70 Mother-Tongue/regionnal languages including 6 Major languages(Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi, Sindhi, Seraiki & Hindko).

Whats the harm in it. But it should come with Sindhi Balochi and Punjabi being made official languages too.
@darkinsky, @RazorMC, @xyxmt it's good to think with someone elses shoes for once. Try to do it just once. Urdu speaker families like mine sold Bengal due to this same attitude-I can produce news headlines from the time. Its just a language and when we talk of the primacy of urdu we talk of our families privileged position on top. I saw this and how we represented the status quo. You might hate me but I am not really just merging as a Pashtun despite being a migrant essentially. I am challenging deep-rooted traditions and attacking ancient beliefs. By merging I seek to open our eyes that it was always possible to merge, become Sindhis. This is our migrants failure not the Sindhis or others.

Also it isn't the pathans who can't think beyond ethnicity. Its all of us. Meri darkhast hai key tum log unki nazar sey masley ko dekho. Their languages are dying in favor of Urdu and according to reports. Only 61% people can write the word zuban in Pashto. We Pakistanis are like a flower. Each petal comprises the flower, not just one petal. Urdu+Pashto+Punjabi+Seraiki and more make up this flower. So please. Let the Pashtuns decide.

The Pashtun in me sees this as a welcome step... but I am a Pakistani first and being one means loving all cultures and languages. This should only happen if Sindhi, Balochi and Punjabi too become official. @Chak Bamu, @Armstrong @Pukhtoon, @Hyperion what do you guys think?

I strongly disagree with you, Sir. Urdu Speakers were the ones who were fighting Bengalis in 71 & they are the loyal people who are now ignored & left on the mercy of Bengalis, did any of us from Pakistan even talk about them? How they are now facing trials after trials. Still they call themselves as stranded Pakistanis & have Pakistani flags in their houses.

urdu speakers sold bengal, dude you are really high on cocaine? i know you have self pity

If you read history of Bangladesh liberation movement, they start it with Language movement in 1950s and they still remember that incident every year.

If you read history of Bangladesh liberation movement, they start it with Language movement in 1950s and they still remember that incident every year.

we are all glad that bengladesh is not a part of pakistan

and its useless to remember what happened in the past when you have got BSF in your arse, you know what i mean?

It was there own Police who open fire on them. Plus No Urdu Speaker forced anyone to speak Urdu, Pakistan have two languages if you are not comfortable with Urdu switch to English. Also Urdu is National language so evryone have a right on it not just Urdu Speakers.

I am from a family that lost some people I knew. Ansaris were killed in India. It is my duty to sacrifice for land. This is how urdu speakers sold Bengal. Read it:

Police kills Bengali students

February 21. One of the saddest incidents in the history of the young Pakistan occured here in Dacca today as police opened fire on a procession of students who demonstrating against the January 26 statement of the Prime Minister. Eight students are reported dead.

Will this act of violence put an end to the language issue or immortalise it forever?

Appeared in 52.

Accepting a mistake is the first step to resolving it. Blaming another community is an evil, bad mistake. The only people with an interest in maintaining urdu were migrants not Sindhis, Balochs or Punjabis. Look within. Be self-critical. I have no life but you guys if you think only of ethnicity and hate others what will be of Pakistan?

I strongly disagree with you, Sir. Urdu Speakers were the ones who were fighting Bengalis in 71 & they are the loyal people who are now ignored & left on the mercy of Bengalis, did any of us from Pakistan even talk about them? How they are now facing trials after trials. Still they call themselves as stranded Pakistanis & have Pakistani flags in their houses.

These guys are tiny minority when compared to Bengali's, why not grant them Pakistani citizenship and relocate them to Pakistani lands??

Once you know how many different Dialects are there of our local/regional languages..You will realize that any such effort to introduce regional languages as official language wont bring unity..
The founders of Paistan realized this and brought in a language which had a bit of every language and was convenient and easy for the people of Pakistan to adopt.
Trying to fix what is not broen is never a good approach...Urdu is doing fine as National language.
I dont mind keeping study ofregional language as an optional subject in Schools.But i am against making people adopt a certain Language because they live in a certain area or part of Pakistan.

I understand your reasons. Why don't they make both Hindko and Pashto official and kill 2 birds in one shot. Will that be acceptable to acceptable to you. What is the issue here. Provinces too large. What if the divisions became provinces?

These guys are tiny minority when compared to Bengali's, why not grant them Pakistani citizenship and relocate them to Pakistani lands??

Self-victimization. We are the victim mentality. Ignore. Urdu speakers actually oppressed the Bengalis actually by refusing to let them have their language. Ethnicity has become a dividing factor today. Very sad to see. Tales of non-existant oppression being told to an Indian.

and its useless to remember what happened in the past when you have got BSF in your arse, you know what i mean?

Next people will start saying the same about punjab or pakhunkhwa. This is how our land was divided. Quaid e Azam made a massive speech in Daka. He wouldn't have imagined half our population away from us.

I understand your reasons. Why don't they make both Hindko and Pashto official and kill 2 birds in one shot. Will that be acceptable to acceptable to you. What is the issue here. Provinces too large. What if the divisions became provinces?

Self-victimization. We are the victim mentality. Ignore. Urdu speakers actually oppressed the Bengalis actually by refusing to let them have their language. Ethnicity has become a dividing factor today. Very sad to see. Tales of non-existant oppression being told to an Indian.

Next people will start saying the same about punjab or pakhunkhwa. This is how our land was divided. Quaid e Azam made a massive speech in Daka. He wouldn't have imagined half our population away from us.

Like i said....Asking education system to take in regional languages as taught subjects is good step and i will support that..
But making it a political matter that anybody living in a certain area has to speak a certain language will only cause trouble.

NO, YOU are glad. Do not make an *** of yourself by being presumtuous. You represent no one but yourself. You come across as being terribly arrogant too. Sometimes I wonder what goes on in your mind? In any case @haviZsultan's point stands proved. It was the likes of YOU who pushed Bengali brothers into a corner. You and your superior airs. Huh!

My first language, my mother tongue is Punjabi. I spoke not a single word of any other language when I went to school at the age of 4. I remember my first day and the terror of being immersed in a sea of strangers, most of whom were speaking Urdu.

People who make a big deal out of regional languages having various dialects need to see that it is the same way with Urdu too. I firmly believe that we in Pakistan need to teach children in their mother language first with simultaneous introduction to Urdu whose scope can be broadened over the next 2-4 years. There is nothing wrong with it. Just a slight adjustment.

But in this particular case, the report with which OP has opened this thread clearly shows an effort to win votes with a narrow regional agenda. Non-Pashto speakers living in KPK would be upset and rightly so. Bad idea.

Thats fine but they should also add Hindko, Chitrali, etc to the official languages too.

Having provinces make their mother tongue the official language is okay, but as long as they incorporate all the major languages spoken in that province also.

He mentioned stranded Pakistanis. I have seen many Pakistanis here who showed a strong dislike for Hyderabadi Urdu, Pakistanis of Hyderabadi heritage like Areesh have completely forgotten it.

abe jaahil urdu speakers? who was it? pakistani goverment, and it was quaid himself who made urdu the national language and you come talking about quaid yourself pathetic retard?

urdu speakers made pakistan, your pakhtun brothers dont even want to remain in pakistan, stupid

bengalis never wanted to remain in pakistan, they were too much influenced by bharathis, read the ayub khan's book 'friends not masters' and try to learn something from history

do you know how many urdu speakers were massacred by bengalis because of supporting pakistan army and pakistan? dumb retard

Back
Top Bottom