What's new

Pashto to be official language: Sikandar Sherpao

Still didn't get it? Almost half a century has passed since the debacle of east Pakistan, you guys should have understood it by now.

Just like Pashtoons, Sindhis and Balochs; the Bengalis also loved their mother tongue as it was an integral part of their identity, history and culture. It was always obvious that they would never treat their mother tongue as the Punajbis and Karachiwalas wanted them to do.

Bengalis produced world known writers and thinkers like Rabindranath Tagore who refined and enriched their language, whereas shair e mashriq wrote in a language which is all Greek even to those who call it their mother tongue. The heavy dose of Persian and Arabic words and phrases go straight over their heads. The confused shair e mashriq could never decide whether he was a proud Hindustani, a Punjabi, Kashmiri or a sipahi in the army of Khaled bin Waleed. Therefore, here we have a totally confused nation lead by the more confused people of Punjab.

Pashto should not only be made the provincial language of KP, but it should also be given the status of a national language. Lahoris can talk to each other in THEIR "refined" Urdu, it bothers nobody.

We treat our Mother Tongue fine & it is an integral part of our identity as well ! We've produced writers & poets who eclipsed some of the best the world has to offer. Playing the victim here isn't going achieve anything when no one is advocating our regional languages to be stifled forcefully.

Pashto, Punjabi, Sindhi, Baloch & so on & so forth should be offered to every citizen of Pakistan if certain operational conditions are met ! Were the Government of Pakistan ever so against the nurturing & the cultivation of these languages you wouldn't have a myriad language academy popping up in every Provincial Capital of the country. Its negligence not malice that you racists like to see it to be.

As far as a Pakistan led by a more confused Punjab is concerned; a Pakistan led by a Pukhtoon & a Sindhi got us into '65 & later a Pakistan led by a Pukthoon, a Sindhi, a Bengali & two Pukhtoon Generals got half of the country lost so if you want to play the 'ethnic card' to demonize one ethnicity in preference to the other than know where you stand !

As far Iqbal is concerned; your abject failure to understand what he was saying makes for an ever amusing read !

As for Mr. Jinnah, I love the man for his many qualities and he was a great leader who gave us our beloved Pakistan for which we owe him a debt of gratitude, But he was neither a Prophet nor an Angel. He was Human and he was not flawless. sometimes my fellow Pakistanis put Jinnah on a pedestal and think it Allah swt, Muhammad PBUH and Mr. Jinnah. Sadly that is not so for me.

:blink:

:astagh: Aiseee soochteiii bhiii nahin haiii Hazrat Quaid-e-Azam Butt Sahib was Perfection Incarnate ! :kiss3:

But I agree Jinnah Sahib made one mistake & that was - Keeping the Bengalis as East-Pakistanis; we were better off as just Pakistan instead of West-Pakistan ! :tup:

:blink:

:astagh: Aiseee soochteiii bhiii nahin haiii Hazrat Quaid-e-Azam Butt Sahib was Perfection Incarnate ! :kiss3:

But I agree Jinnah Sahib made one mistake & that was - Keeping the Bengalis as East-Pakistanis; we were better off as just Pakistan instead of West-Pakistan ! :tup:

Well than we should never have started it as one country. Maybe we should have made a Federation with the only thing common as Defence, Economy and Foreign affairs. If that was not a good idea then maybe he should have created separate countries to begin with separate countries.

It seems I have heard this debate many times.(hindi vs tamil). The more you force one language on others the more violent reaction you will get. GoI learnt its lesson.
Language and culture is something people keep close to their heart more than even religion, accept that as a fact and work around it to make a stronger and more vibrant country, rather than fight against it.

Well than we should never have started it as one country. Maybe we should have made a Federation with the only thing common as Defence, Economy and Foreign affairs. If that was not a good idea then maybe he should have created separate countries to begin with separate countries.

Actually the Quaid talked about a Federation to begin with & I for one would be the biggest proponent of a US styled Federation or a UK styled United Kingdom (but this one only when I'm angry) ! :)

I've had enough of - Punjab khaa giyaaa, Takht-e-Lahore & other such BS to hide ones own abject failures & dupe your own people into thinking ke saraiii jahan ka gunnnnd Lahore se shuruuu hotaaa haiiii ! :tup:

well the province is already named pakhtoonkhawa (liked hazara 200 times better) but i dont see anything wrong with it.

Actually the Quaid talked about a Federation to begin with & I for one would be the biggest proponent of a US styled Federation or a UK styled United Kingdom (but this one only when I'm angry) ! :)

I've had enough of - Punjab khaa giyaaa, Takht-e-Lahore & other such BS to hide ones own abject failures & dupe your own people into thinking ke saraiii jahan ka gunnnnd Lahore se shuruuu hotaaa haiiii ! :tup:

My Friend, Punjab is the heart of Pakistan. Without Punjab, there is no Pakistan. First off, more than half the Population of Pakistan lives in Punjab. Secondly, Punjab is one province that welcomes ALL PAKISTANIS with open arms. It certainly is the most accommodating province, so to say any thing negative against Punjab is really absolute nonsense. Pakistanis of all linguistic backgrounds live peacefully in Punjab, whether they are Pushtoons, Sindhis, Balochis or Urdu speaking. That is the beauty of Punjab and its GLORY.

So i totally understand your frustration, BUTT SAHIB.

So if Punjab is the heart of Pakistan, then Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa has to be the soul of Pakistan. KPK is the social conscience of Pakistan. I love Punjabi people as well as the Pushtoon people in particular because most of them are the very Patriotic Pakistanis. I love the other Provinces too and I am sure they are just as Patriotic. But I do feel that as an Urdu speaking person, I have more in common with Punjabis and Pushtoons.:pakistan:

My Friend, Punjab is the heart of Pakistan. Without Punjab, there is no Pakistan. First off, more than half the Population of Pakistan is in Punjab. Secondly, Punjab is one province that welcomes ALL PAKISTANIS with open arms. it certainly is the most accommodating province so to say any thing negative against Punjab is really absolute nonsense. Pakistanis of all linguistic backgrounds live peacefully in Punjab, whether they are Pushtoons, Sindhis, Balochis or Urdu speaking. That is the beauty of Punjab and its GLORY.

So i totally understand your frustration, BUTT SAHIB.

Thank You, Sage Bhai emotional kar diyaaa ! :cray: :kiss3:

well the province is already named pakhtoonkhawa (liked hazara 200 times better) but i dont see anything wrong with it.

Soooochhh leiii tuuuu rulllll jaiii gaaa ! :lol:

Isss ummer mein Pashto kahan se seekheiii gaaa ? :blink:

Mansehra is a part of KPK isn't it ? :blink:

Which means if Pashto is going to be the Official Language of KPK then you're all screwed ! :lol:

Actually most Hindko speakers already speak Pushto as well. If you go to Hindko speaking towns like Abbottabad or Mansehra, you will find them speaking both languages.

I frankly do not think , anyone should demand anything

a) Learn , english and Urdu
b) If you want to teach your kids local stuff send them private school
(put hand in your own pocket and pay for luxury)

French and Chinese Langages are in demand no one gives a rat about Pashtoon language or any regional languages beside politicians who get votes from these tactics

Politicians use the Language CARD to get guareteed votes and this must stop stop with the none sense demands

And confiscate the damn AK-47 from the province

a) Learn , english and Urdu
b) If you want to teach your kids local stuff send them private school
(put hand in your own pocket and pay for luxury)

Private schools don't have pashto or hindko courses, only english and urdu are taught (at least where I used to live), don't know how they plan to make it a provincial language. Instead of changing name of the province daily and changing languages, these idiots should build hospitals/schools etc

Well in developed countries they allow you to learn any language .. which is great

However , they expect you the one learning to PAY from your own pocket ..

Practical languages of world are

English (Default)
+ Chinese(Number one)
+ French (Number two)

My parents state that had to learn Farsi when they were young in schools in their times now I ask you .. what good that achive Do they speak farsi .. with me no .. do they speak that at work no ...

Back
Top Bottom