What's new

Parliament cannot legislate against constitution, Islam: CJ

So yet again you're saying that, in the end, the court is supreme, instead if the parliament. If that is actually the case then.......buddy..... I think we're screwed for the next 50 years as well.

"Will of the people"- read again !!

Let's be grow-ups, and let us respectfully agree to disagree with each other :) Cheers!
"Will of the people"- read again !!

Parliamentary Democracy:

Will of the people elects parliamentarians --> which form a government ---> parliament is session ----> legislates ----> passes on to lower house ---> lower house stamps an OK on it

Now where in the hell does it state in above diagram that "Court" has a check or balance authority over the will of the people.

He is saying that present people does not have any rights to change the decision taken by the people of 1950s .. Thats from a chief justice !! He is just saying that cj is almighty and no one should question him .. Selfishness at its best

EXACTLYYYYYYYY --- Now how many neurons does it take to process that? :D
He is saying that present people does not have any rights to change the decision taken by the people of 1950s .. Thats from a chief justice !! He is just saying that cj is almighty and no one should question him .. Selfishness at its best

Well democracy works when people are educated and know their rights and power. If they aren't then the system is misused.

Check the genius of the constitution from the following movie clip.

In democracy only legislature has the rights to change the constitution.

Last edited by a moderator:
He really should've said this 2-3 years ago. All his actions are now for personal reasons. Though I agree with him, I have lost all respect for him.

I agree with you, however he still has about 10 months to make amends before he retires. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

2013 - Elections (probably same Government) + New Army Chief + New CJ

First of all lets make this clear: I'm no supporter of Zardari & Co.

What I am saying is that 'elected people' are the supreme authority in making legislature or making amendments to it, now, if in case the parliament is run by bunch of thugs, then be it. Wasn't it the electorate that sent these losers to run the parliament in the first place?

You can not have it both ways, want democracy? Have it all. With all the bitter taste that it accompanies.

What has supreme court or any court to do - when the parliament wants to amend some law? Why not elect CJ from hereon-afterwards? Let's have elections and elect the courts of Pakistan instead of parlimentarians?

My friend let me make it simple for you:

Total registered voters in 2008 Elections - 80 Million (roughly)
Total votes cast in 2008 Elections - 32 - 35 Million
Registered voters declared bogus by EC - 40 Million
Number of seats secured by PPP (124/370) - 33% of total voters or 13% of total Pakistanis elected PPP (the dominant force in Government)

Now if we consider that even 50% of the total votes cast were bogus that would mean that PPP is elected by only 6.5% of Pakistanis. When you factor in other crucial realities such as purchased votes or forced votes then the actual voters would shrink even more.

Furthermore, democracy is for countries where the average citizen is literate & aware of the long term consequences of his decisions and one who makes decisions based on past assessments instead of blind stupidity or allegiance. There is no democracy in Pakistan, our leaders are not elected, they are selected....by the elite ruling families of the country.

Revolution has to start somewhere, perhaps judiciary is the right answer.

And now you want to discount democracy? Buddy make up your mind. What do you want? What you really want? What you really really want? What you absolutely, positively, undoubtedly want?

And then.. makeup your mind. and don't go back..

If the cowboys could've learned to live with it, so can we after 2 centuries!!! :D

My friend let me make it simple for you:

Total registered voters in 2008 Elections - 80 Million (roughly)
Total votes cast in 2008 Elections - 32 - 35 Million
Registered voters declared bogus by EC - 40 Million
Number of seats secured by PPP (124/370) - 33% of total voters or 13% of total Pakistanis elected PPP (the dominant force in Government)

Now if we consider that even 50% of the total votes cast were bogus that would mean that PPP is elected by only 6.5% of Pakistanis. When you factor in other crucial realities such as purchased votes or forced votes then the actual voters would shrink even more.

Furthermore, democracy is for countries where the average citizen is literate & aware of the long term consequences of his decisions and one who makes decisions based on past assessments instead of blind stupidity or allegiance. There is no democracy in Pakistan, our leaders are not elected, they are selected....by the elite ruling families of the country.

Revolution has to start somewhere, perhaps judiciary is the right answer.

so its clear now in a vigrious attempt of despiration Cj is going crazy!
ppp zardari, & its allies are croupt criminals , or whatever but govrnence is thier right because of thier numbers in parliment, against those who arent sitting in the parliment or dont have majority in the parliment!
making new laws, is the work of national assembly & senete, & cj doesnt have any right, to stop them , or dictate them!
lets see how far CJ ,& this govt can go!
both of them are wrong, & no one is right! cause its democrazy?

Are you aware that senators, parliamentarians and assembly members sell their votes even to their own parties? This is sad state of affairs.....somebody with authority needs to correct things, by hook or by crook.

Can a parliament with absolute majority make amendments to the constitution? If not. Then. Hmmmmmmmm.....

Within certain boundaries I guess 2/3rd majority can do that.....But if one day a Government with 2/3rd Majority decides to make the President, King of Pakistan for the rest of his life, then I guess SC would have to step in.

And now you want to discount democracy? Buddy make up your mind. What do you want? What you really want? What you really really want? What you absolutely, positively, undoubtedly want?

And then.. makeup your mind. and don't go back..

If the cowboys could've learned to live with it, so can we after 2 centuries!!! :D

In simple word.....I want an end to this tyranny from all!

No one the forum to counter my argument with some logical explanation that what's happening in Pakistan is wrong?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom