What's new

Pak's defence budget pales in comparison to India's, says spokesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
Pakistan Army spokesman Major General Athar Abbas has said his country is allocating only four billion dollars to defence whereas India's defence budget is 36 billion dollars.

Talking to a television channel, Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director General Major-General Abbas said the usage of funds in civilian departments should be streamlined instead of raising objections to Pakistan's defence budget.

"We have to look at the capability of the enemy before designing our preparedness. We would have to see that what kinds of weapons it is making. Keeping in view all the facts, the defence budget as well as the armed forces' ability is adjusted," The Nation quoted Abbas, as saying.

He said the army performs its duties "within the framework given by the sitting government", and that ascertaining the size of the army is also the government's job.

"The Army has to prepare itself according to defence capabilities of the enemy. No army in the world can disclose its development budget to the public," said General Abbas.

"If the civilian government considers that they could diminish the perils through negotiations with India, then a reduction in the Army could take place," he added.

General Athar alleged that several agencies from some hostile countries had been striving to create a gap with between the army and the public in Pakistan.

"Anti-Pakistan elements are trying to prove that the Army is a burden on the national development by criticizing the armed forces," he said

"The conspirators are saying that the funds related to defence could be used for prosperity of the country," he added.

Pak's defence budget pales in comparison to India's, says spokesman

I cant agree with the figure in the statement. someone from economics plz tell how much is provided for defense in anual budget.

China and now Pakistan citing India's increased defence budget as their reason. though Pakistan has done it many times earlier, this is new for China. China is understandable as they has rapid economic growth. Now our defence budget stand 1.8% of GDP. Lower than most of the countries.

Anti-Pakistan elements are trying to prove that the Army is a burden on the national development by criticizing the armed forces," he said

"The conspirators are saying that the funds related to defence could be used for prosperity of the country," he added.

Pakistan army ka emotional atayachar.
They simply suggest people against the huge army budget are anti-pakistan and conspirator to the state. Now no one will dare to speak.

Though i doubt that GOP is allotting only 4 billion for defense. But if its true than surely its a crunch state for economy of pakistan and its high time to resolve the dispute with India for its own sake.

Economic conditions does not permit Pakistan to give more funds to army.India is just taking precautions and replacing our old flying coffins with 3rd generation planes and white elephant arjun and cursed boat akula............i dont see anything that PAkistan should be worried......plz concentrate on public health. After all its public which pays to the army

Oh!c'mon we can also add Unkil military aid to this !!!! it actully coming to 10-12 billion dollar..

tauba! Tauba dogs are my favourite pets.. btw which breed ? :D

i guess they must be , because they follow and do what ever master order, without using much of their brains.
----- whining continues , if paksitani budget is less - oh its too less , you are small, and if pakistan buys even a darn howtizer there is issues such as - us aid , no need arm race bla bla bla blah.
-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x

on the topic, Pakistani budget is more than enough for now,

they have a smaller country to protect , infect their doctrine is not like india , they just need to protect their ground in case of war.

and moreover they are using most of the money they have or aid they get from overseas.

they have smaller but way effective force : training methods and support from govt.

"Anti-Pakistan elements are trying to prove that the Army is a burden on the national development by criticizing the armed forces," he said

images

I'm sorry how is this news??? We wouldn't comparing Portugal's defence budget to India's (9th) (Portugal's is just slightly more (34th) than Pakistan's (35th) defence budget but 2.0% of GDP) Pakistan is just unlucky enough to be located next to India and stupid enough to state their sole aim is crushing India, as such they have been (as the saying goes, almost literally lol) "writing checks (their rhetoric against India) that they can't pay (much smaller economy)"

It would be news if Pakistan's defence budget was MORE than India's but it just isn't and now that India is sustaining close to two digit growth and Pakistan is what it is, the situation will NEVER change.

Well I think the army cheif is just asking the Pakistani civil departments to first manage their own problems and then point fingers at the defence budget.

Your behavior doesn't reflect your premium membership. You have a lot of experience on this forum, so try to use it in a constructive way.

i am not to proud of these two words in brown red black . matter is admins mods openly allow them to trash every new every thread and do nothing . read the posts which was posted in 2007 2006 and look today . i will thankfull to admins if they delete my accounts with my all posts and neme.it will be better for then part of this forum were any tom herry dick crack jokes flame troll and also stay here long.

thumbs down to defence.pk for such policy :tdown::tdown::tdown:

i am not to proud of these two words in brown red black . matter is admins mods openly allow them to trash every new every thread and do nothing . read the posts which was posted in 2007 2006 and look today . i will thankfull to admins if they delete my accounts with my all posts and neme.it will be better for then part of this forum were any tom herry dick crack jokes flame troll and also stay here long.

thumbs down to defence.pk for such policy :tdown::tdown::tdown:

imran you are right , i think many of the kids here are so bl00dy jingoistic , they want to hear all good about India and want to throw thrash on others .
you cant say anything good about Pakistan . or else they will make a monkey gang and eat your head out.

------------------------------------------

just like this topic , its alright for Pakistan to have a small budget for their need , but you will find many post coming up with us aid , chinese loan and the thread will be gone in dust.
i am here for a discourse or debate , not some idiots throwing their mud .

forum is dying because of that - you can not to critisize anything about india and you can not say any

Well I think the army cheif is just asking the Pakistani civil departments to first manage their own problems and then point fingers at the defence budget.

yes thats exactly the main theme. he is right. the corruption in civilian departments needs to be tackled instead of pointing fingers at our defence needs

how much is the defence budget? is it $5 billion or $7billion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom