What's new

Pakistan's warrior queen, Maria; the squash player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem you guys have is you are so judgemental. Leave that to the Almighty. You little beings are insignificant in the scheme of things and in front of the creater. You are shaped by your surroundings and forget about the truth of our great religion that is peace and compassion. This is reflective of your kinds mindset that you chose to jump up and down when a young woman plays a game of squash yet seek to simply ignore great tyranny and injustice that is befalling upon our land. You travel to better Islamic places like Malaysia for example where Muslims also reside but who are much more tolerant and peaceful going about their daily business without a sick mentality. Live and let live. Besides Islam spread because of the message of peace compassion and brotherhood and not through the violence as the west would have you believe. Particularly true for the sub continent. The Sufis saints of India achieved significantly more than than those who thrust their belief on others.

Naya, is it bad and wrong to be judgmental? Are you not being judgmental? Are you not thrusting your beliefs (and mine incidentally) before these rabid arabized Islamists?

We have few Zarvans in India too who had questions about Sania Mirza playing tennis....

Unfortunately we are full of them......

Naya, is it bad and wrong to be judgmental? Are you not being judgmental? Are you not thrusting your beliefs (and mine incidentally) before these rabid arabized Islamists?

My friend I accept that I do get frustrated at times, but for me and no doubt for you I have a great sense of justice and cannot help being overtly hyper when responding to rabid know it all "arabized Islamists"..... My bad....lol

Unfortunately we are full of them......

My friend I accept that I do get frustrated at times, but for me and no doubt for you I have a great sense of justice and cannot help being overtly hyper when responding to rabid know it all "arabized Islamists"..... My bad....lol

You misunderstood me, I think we need to be MORE judgmental, not less -- RIGHT, WRONG, GOOD, BAD, these are important criteria and we should be proud to use them - when we assert these to be "rabid arabized islamist" we convey our judgement that we have evaluated them on criteria of gd and bad and right and wrong and have concluded as we have.

Too few Pakistanis use these criteria in formulating their thoughts -- they are afraid that all is relative, even the self, and they are WRONG. As for the rabid arabized Islamists, be rest assured that good and bad and right and wrong are not criteria they use at all, in fact they do not reason, they merely regurgitate.

Please STOP with this kind of nonsense. You are not in the position to predict decision-making of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

oh this was offensive to you ?? but when people present Mullahism as Islam you just bow to it???

Brother you are right, She is not a practicing Muslimah but You can not force Islam. Most of us are not practicing Muslims... I have observed this is not a very good place to discuss Islam and I think Religion is a ban topic, so why do not you just focus on some other topics. There is a famous hadith of Prophet (PBUH) If you see something bad, try to stop with your hands if not possible then from your tongue and if not possible then feel bad about it in your heart but this will be the least of your emaan...

Feel bad and move on :)

oh and how exactly do you know that she is not a practicing Muslim ??? hain ?? because she plays squash in shorts??? great criteria man great criteria !!

I have my doubt over this story because it sounds alot like a film script eh but if it is true as some pakistanaise members say it is then I have to admit that is a pretty damn good inspirational stories, we need a hollywood movie on this no joke, I am sure everyone will buy her book and story out here for sure. Brother @Zarvan, I am not going to comment on your view but just know that there are people on this forum that are studying koran at a post secondary level and everything is not simplified as your views claim it to be. Even at institutional level, there are several schools of thoughts even among intellectuals so I think it is better to keep our views to ourselves until we acquire the proper knowledge. I know you have the right intention in your mind but you definately come of a bigot, which I know is not your goal brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Pakistani squash federation provided Toorpakai with security, setting up a checkpoint next to her house. Snipers were positioning around the squash court, but she decided things had gone too far.

As much as I find that Pakistani leaders and authorities also push the Islamist crap down people's throats..

The Pakistani Squash Federation deserves to be applauded and then some for upholding the right and for giving that security cover to a girl. Here is something that should become a precedent for all of Pakistani authorities and leaders.

Otherwise it would have been easy for the Islamists to scare the girl and her father into dropping the game.

oh this was offensive to you ?? but when people present Mullahism as Islam you just bow to it???

oh and how exactly do you know that she is not a practicing Muslim ??? hain ?? because she plays squash in shorts??? great criteria man great criteria !!

My second and last post on this topic

Yes! one of the criteria

Quran (33:59) - "Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them..."

Quran (24:31) - "And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known." The woman is not only supposed to cover herself, except with relatives, but to look down, so as to avoid making eye-contact with men.

Qur'an (33:55) - "It shall be no crime in them as to their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their woman, or the slaves which their right hands possess, if they speak to them unveiled"

A woman is only allowed to present herself unveiled to family and slaves.

What is wrong is wrong even acceptable in societies... I am not giving any verdict of Kurfr but I can't say it right.

Indeed Allah knows the best.

a heart warming story..... should be made into a movie. Bollywood style!! dance scene in squash court XD

To be honest.. im not a saint... but if she was my sister i wouldnt have allowed her to play..

To be honest.. im not a saint... but if she was my sister i wouldnt have allowed her to play..

what if she wanted to? I mean who are you to decide for her? what if she decides for you what to wear and where to go and what to do??? will that be acceptable to you?

My second and last post on this topic

Yes! one of the criteria

Quran (33:59) - "Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them..."

Quran (24:31) - "And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known." The woman is not only supposed to cover herself, except with relatives, but to look down, so as to avoid making eye-contact with men.

Qur'an (33:55) - "It shall be no crime in them as to their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their woman, or the slaves which their right hands possess, if they speak to them unveiled"

A woman is only allowed to present herself unveiled to family and slaves.

What is wrong is wrong even acceptable in societies... I am not giving any verdict of Kurfr but I can't say it right.

Indeed Allah knows the best.

hence girls playing squash is haram !!! bull shitt....

simply say it according to you women are slaves, and we will agree to disagree !!

what if she wanted to? I mean who are you to decide for her? what if she decides for you what to wear and where to go and what to do??? will that be acceptable to you? !

I dont know abt ur family... but women in mine observe pardah... also i dont have a sister... and even if i did.. she wouldnt do it ... and even if she wanted to... she wouldnt get permission...

I dont know abt ur family... but women in mine observe pardah... also i dont have a sister... and even if i did.. she wouldnt do it ... and even if she wanted to... she wouldnt get permission...

its not about your family or mine... is it right to force upon ?

its not about your family or mine... is it right to force upon ?

Answer my question first.... would u like ur sister to wear shorts and play infront of men? a simple yes or no..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom