What's new

Pakistan's Top Gun Obsession

well the question was asked from Sir Murad but let me just say a few words about it.

we have, the JF17 is a replacement for our F16. not in a sense that we are going to phase out F16 but yes it is on par with blk 30 blk 40 F16 in its current configration. more over as it is bound to go through upgrades you can imagin what the next blks will carry, the current configration of F16 ie blk 52 60 have surfaced after some 10 - 12 blocks and JF17 have started its run from Blk30. this shows it wont take much time to come on par with the blk 52z as well!

if yo know about the strings attatched to foreign deals and the termof Lost Decade for PAF you wont ask this question!
brother we have suffered heavily due to reliance on foreign assistance and are rightly commited to destiny of indegenious military hardware!

now i hopw that Sir. MuradK will agree with this and will be kind enough to add his knowlwdge to this,

regards!

You guys are very kind Thank You.
I think our friend across the LOC doesn't know what DEF.PK is all about. Jesus DEF.PK domain spreads from North Pole to South Pole this might look like a forum but its not its more like a big family, We might be living all over the planet but we are all Pakistanis and Dame proud of it. Just because I fought for my country doesn't make me a Patriot we all are we all have contributed at some level and here we are as 1, Yes in a family there is always a fight going on big brother kicking younger brothers butt, Younger sister JANAAAAA kicking big brother around:lol: but all in all we are a family, I would certainly invite you to join our family like we have done in the past with our friends from all over the world and you will be most welcomed here.

Arsalanaslam friend you are right in your observation regarding JF-17 plans. It is very common for all of us to look at something and pass a judgment and that is very natural its Human nature at its best but some times things don't appear to be what they really are. We are a small nation with a lot of problems and little cash, People might be rich but GOP is not so we have to take every step according to our Hasiaith, Lets be fair here we have India on the other side who is 5 times the size with loads of cash they can afford it so GOP planned that why get fighters from other countries who can change from time to time and go for somebody who has always welcomed us and helped us in times when rest of the world said go to hell and that was China.
I will say it again when this project was building up PAF had no idea what so ever that the Turkey will look and taste so good. Yes you can easily compare it with the Falcon because it has some falcon in it and more Just look at the video and see that F-16 being a tested fighter all over the world and compare it with Thunder. Mind you that F-16 is FBW and Thunder is not ( just a few controls ) but look at it how flawless and stable it is F-16 pilot during a steep turn is pushing it and how the same move done by JF-17 is not. This shows that with the right stuff in it will take the Thunder to another level. Look closely at he F-16 wings its pulling Gs and you can see the air in other words blowing effects of the V and the Thunder pulling without disturbing the airflow over its wings.

Last edited by a moderator:
chill sir, lets get over with it~~

what is the harm in some one saying such things, i mean they are just in a light mood and nothing serious... :agree:

you have earned respect with the good work here and let us keep up with it!! :tup: :yahoo:

best wishes, :toast_sign:

regards!

chill sir, lets get over with it~~

what is the harm in some one saying such things, i mean they are just in a light mood and nothing serious... :agree:

you have earned respect with the good work here and let us keep up with it!! :tup: :yahoo:

best wishes, :toast_sign:

regards!

Thx brother for the kind words!:cheers:

Thx brother for the kind words!:cheers:

the pleasure was all mine,,

anyway lets get back to bigger and better issues,,,

as stated by Sir. MuradK, many people tend to underestimate JF just because it is a Pak-China plane, as stated earlier, the project is bound further and next blocks will have a lot more to offer. with our limited resources we are not going to turn it into a F22 but then this is not what we require. JF is what it is, a cheap replacement of our obselete fleet with enough power to take on 4 generation planes flying in the region.

regards!

the pleasure was all mine,,

anyway lets get back to bigger and better issues,,,

as stated by Sir. MuradK, many people tend to underestimate JF just because it is a Pak-China plane, as stated earlier, the project is bound further and next blocks will have a lot more to offer. with our limited resources we are not going to turn it into a F22 but then this is not what we require. JF is what it is, a cheap replacement of our obselete fleet with enough power to take on 4 generation planes flying in the region.

regards!

WELL, i guss thunder is in the air, to stop the "FLYING COFINS" commonly known AS MIG21s, & fighters, like that ERA!
like MIRAGES of old versions, & its even better thn, MIG29s, so its a hounor to have a fighter like THUNDER, watching out our air limits.:cheers::pakistan:

You guys are very kind Thank You.
I think our friend across the LOC doesn't know what DEF.PK is all about. Jesus DEF.PK domain spreads from North Pole to South Pole this might look like a forum but its not its more like a big family, We might be living all over the planet but we are all Pakistanis and Dame proud of it. Just because I fought for my country doesn't make me a Patriot we all are we all have contributed at some level and here we are as 1, Yes in a family there is always a fight going on big brother kicking younger brothers butt, Younger sister JANAAAAA kicking big brother around:lol: but all in all we are a family, I would certainly invite you to join our family like we have done in the past with our friends from all over the world and you will be most welcomed here.

Arsalanaslam friend you are right in your observation regarding JF-17 plans. It is very common for all of us to look at something and pass a judgment and that is very natural its Human nature at its best but some times things don't appear to be what they really are. We are a small nation with a lot of problems and little cash, People might be rich but GOP is not so we have to take every step according to our Hasiaith, Lets be fair here we have India on the other side who is 5 times the size with loads of cash they can afford it so GOP planned that why get fighters from other countries who can change from time to time and go for somebody who has always welcomed us and helped us in times when rest of the world said go to hell and that was China.
I will say it again when this project was building up PAF had no idea what so ever that the Turkey will look and taste so good. Yes you can easily compare it with the Falcon because it has some falcon in it and more Just look at the video and see that F-16 being a tested fighter all over the world and compare it with Thunder. Mind you that F-16 is FBW and Thunder is not ( just a few controls ) but look at it how flawless and stable it is F-16 pilot during a steep turn is pushing it and how the same move done by JF-17 is not. This shows that with the right stuff in it will take the Thunder to another level. Look closely at he F-16 wings its pulling Gs and you can see the air in other words blowing effects of the V and the Thunder pulling without disturbing the airflow over its wings.
z5aUGum2EiM[/media] - F-16 Vs JF-17 Turn-Rate Comparison.

Sir Muradk as being a Pakistani I am also proud of our own fighter JF17 Thunder and keep searching for any related updates from time to time. Its really good that our plane is flying and going for the mass production InshAllah, but why is it so that Indians ve not still been able to mature their LCA to this level despite being the fact they ve more cash, R&D and access to all the latest tech with ToT. I have seen Indians claiming here on the forum that by the time LCA will be operational it will be much more advanced than our Thunder because of the latest techs they are applying on it. Can it be possible?
Finally, Sir I ve always respected you and wait for your posts here :pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir Muradk as being a Pakistani I am also proud of our own fighter JF17 Thunder and keep searching for any related updates from time to time. Its really good that our plane is flying and going for the mass production InshAllah, but why is it so that Indians ve not still been able to mature their LCA to this level despite being the fact they ve more cash, R&D and access to all the latest tech with ToT. I have seen Indians claiming here on the forum that by the time LCA will be operational it will be much more advanced than our Thunder because of the latest techs they are applying on it. Can it be possible?
Finally, Sir I ve always respected you and wait for your posts here :pakistan:

well LCA when operational may be advance then JF17 current configration but with all upgrades planned JF will also be made more advanced so it will stay a step ahead of LCA!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom