What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

Nuclear submarine has a little tactical value as compared to strategic one. Pakistan need a nuclear submarine just to diversify its deterrent against foreign aggression. Pakistan already has the capability to deliver a nuclear weapon from air and land (ballistic missiles). Getting the capability of launching a nuclear weapon from sea will add a great value to strategic deterrent as this is the most credible one.

No sir , you never came intact after 71.

How come ceasefire is a loss when we were not the aggressor . Moreover we never lost land .

India didn't gain anything. East Pakistan became Bangladesh........and about losing land, how about Kashmir? Try wrestling Azad Kashmir from Pakistan if India is that strong....:cheesy:

Wouldn't this serve to escalate and worsen the situation?

A nuke is only going to be used as a last resort, and so the consequences can hypothetically be forsaken and forgotten when you are fighting for your life.

But a nuke tipped warhead to destroy a sub? That would

1-Escalate the situation if other guy gets to know this

2-Radiate the water. When we are going to use a sub torpedo, it is mostly going to be near our shores rather than India's. And a nuke tipped warhead will release radiation, that will contaminate our immediate water supply perhaps, and the sea life in the vicinity.

Considering your name and your rank, i thought you would know a little about nuclear physics and radiation.

The most dangerous radiation is the ionizing Gamma rays. There is a value for different materials, known as the half-value thickness and tenth-value thickness, meaning the thickness of the material shielding, at which the radiation value drops by half and 90% respectively.

So tenth-thickness value gives the thickness of the material required to stop the radiation by 90%.

In case of water, it seems to be 24 inches or 2 feet, meaning after 2 feet only 10% of the radiation remains, at 4 feet only 1% and so on.

Thus an underwater nuclear blast will contaminate a very short area. The radiation in the Air is much more dangerous due to the fact that radioactive particles in the air can be blown by wind and humans can breathe it in.

you can read more here:-

Scroll to F.11.2
The Nuclear Matters Handbook - Expanded Edition

and

Scroll down to Ionizing Radiation Physics

Physics of Nuclear Weapon Effects

India didn't gain anything. East Pakistan became Bangladesh........and about losing land, how about Kashmir? Try wrestling Azad Kashmir from Pakistan if India is that strong....:cheesy:

Off-topic :

We never gained bangladesh , neither was it our intention. But you lost east pakistan.

kashmir would have been an independent state even today ,If it wasn't for the greed of pakistan .

But thanks to you , now we have 2/3rd of kashmir .

It was not us who are regularly trying to get back rest of kashmir. Read kargil.

When we decided , we always got what we wanted. Read siachen.........:cheesy:

^^^ Persistence on posting off topic comments can get you in trouble....
The thread is about Pakistan's nuclear submarine news...

^^^ Persistence on posting off topic comments can get you in trouble....
The thread is about Pakistan's nuclear submarine news...

Sorry ....... He quoted my post and I was just replying .

No more off-topics.

--------------------------------------------------
In post # 524 , farhan wrote that Qing has
*44-46 cruise missiles capacity
*4-6 slbm as well similar to older Russian golf class

Don't you think 44-46 slcm is a big number ??

How many silos does Qing has ??

Sorry ....... He quoted my post and I was just replying .

No more off-topics.

In post # 524 , farhan wrote that Qing has
*44-46 cruise missiles capacity
*4-6 slbm as well similar to older Russian golf class

Don't you think 44-46 slcm is a big number ??

How many silos does Qing has ??

6 SLBM.yes..
40-46 SLCM..Dont know...

So Qing has 6 silos ........right .....
From what i know,the sub's induction into chinese Navy will start in 2015,and like any other Chinese weaponry,its highly modifiable...Pakistan's version may not be the same as Chinese.
But yes,many diagrams show that the sub can carry 6 ballistic missiles.The only Problem is that Pakistan is not showing any signs of developing SLBM but is experimenting with Tube launch Cruise missiles...
So the indication is that Pakistan's future Sea based deterrent will carry cruise missiles but ni Ballistic missiles,and the space on the sub which for the chinese version has SLBMs , may be modified to carry Cruise missiles..
Just a guess.

Wouldn't this serve to escalate and worsen the situation?

A nuke is only going to be used as a last resort, and so the consequences can hypothetically be forsaken and forgotten when you are fighting for your life.

But a nuke tipped warhead to destroy a sub? That would

1-Escalate the situation if other guy gets to know this

2-Radiate the water. When we are going to use a sub torpedo, it is mostly going to be near our shores rather than India's. And a nuke tipped warhead will release radiation, that will contaminate our immediate water supply perhaps, and the sea life in the vicinity.

Hi,

When it is underwater----there is no radiation first of all--secondly---the enemy base does not know what happened to its sub---they just simply disappeared---thirdly---when you are facing a bigger and numerous enemy underwater---torpedoes with miniature nucs will just crush the opposition---for every ying---there has to be a yang---.

Just like the su30---to face the usaf---the russian built the bvr truck---similiarly---they could not compete with the u s subs---they came up with the shkvaal----.

Off-topic :

We never gained bangladesh , neither was it our intention. But you lost east pakistan.

kashmir would have been an independent state even today ,If it wasn't for the greed of pakistan .

But thanks to you , now we have 2/3rd of kashmir .

It was not us who are regularly trying to get back rest of kashmir. Read kargil.

When we decided , we always got what we wanted. Read siachen.........:cheesy:

Hehe
2/3rd Kashmir

right now Kashmir is with 3 countries
43% India
37% Pakistan
20% China

and safriz has already answered the question QING class

beside this for tourism
the Pakistan side of Kashmir has more potential
because for being much more natural beautifull

From what i know,the sub's induction into chinese Navy will start in 2015,and like any other Chinese weaponry,its highly modifiable...Pakistan's version may not be the same as Chinese.
But yes,many diagrams show that the sub can carry 6 ballistic missiles.The only Problem is that Pakistan is not showing any signs of developing SLBM but is experimenting with Tube launch Cruise missiles...
So the indication is that Pakistan's future Sea based deterrent will carry cruise missiles but ni Ballistic missiles,and the space on the sub which for the chinese version has SLBMs , may be modified to carry Cruise missiles..
Just a guess.

Can you please post some of those diagrams of Qing class ??

Hehe
2/3rd Kashmir

right now Kashmir is with 3 countries
43% India
37% Pakistan
20% China

and safriz has already answered the question QING class

beside this for tourism
the Pakistan side of Kashmir has more potential
because for being much more natural beautifull

I want to write an answer but will be off-topic .

Can you please post some of those diagrams of Qing class ??
Here is one:
China_New_Submarine_Modifed_Yuan_.jpg

No Silos, No VLS, not in this one atleast.
Well the firing mechanism and all the rest have been discussed to death in:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...ass-submarines-china-2-type-054a-ffgs-74.html
you can have a look there. Safriz may also share some diagrams.

I want to write an answer but will be off-topic
not going off-topic will be good indeed :tup:
This is about possible Nuclear Submarine development. All i know is that a reactor have been researched upon and we can make it that will power the sub. not saying anything else.

Considering your name and your rank, i thought you would know a little about nuclear physics and radiation.

The most dangerous radiation is the ionizing Gamma rays. There is a value for different materials, known as the half-value thickness and tenth-value thickness, meaning the thickness of the material shielding, at which the radiation value drops by half and 90% respectively.

So tenth-thickness value gives the thickness of the material required to stop the radiation by 90%.

In case of water, it seems to be 24 inches or 2 feet, meaning after 2 feet only 10% of the radiation remains, at 4 feet only 1% and so on.

Thus an underwater nuclear blast will contaminate a very short area. The radiation in the Air is much more dangerous due to the fact that radioactive particles in the air can be blown by wind and humans can breathe it in.

you can read more here:-

Scroll to F.11.2
The Nuclear Matters Handbook - Expanded Edition

and

Scroll down to Ionizing Radiation Physics

Physics of Nuclear Weapon Effects

Thanks for this. I didn't know this before!

Name and rank does not mean I am an expert in nuclear physics!!!

Back
Top Bottom