What's new

Pakistan's minorities minister Shahbaz Bhatti assassinated

Thank you for your understanding as I am not found of garbage news channels not papers and neither forums.

Sir But your favorite pakistani channels are Copying and showing the same garbage that Indian media showed before yours could do.

DAWN.COM
but private Pakistani TV channels showed pamphlets at the scene of the killing that were attributed to the Pakistani Taliban warning of the same fate for anyone opposing the blasphemy laws.

Two of the men opened the door and tried to pull Bhatti out, Rahim said, while a third man fired his Kalashnikov rifle repeatedly into the car. The three gunmen then sped away in a white Suzuki Mehran car, said Rahim who took shelter behind a tree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rip to the departed soul...

Rest, the less I say is better. Agree with Asim's sentiment but surprise to see no many pakistani member backing him up.

Is it not true

The blasphemy law is just one issue; tomorrow it will be some other issue.

The larger problem is the breakdown of law and order and the impunity with which criminals mock the justice system. We can have all kinds of controversies in Pakistan, as long as people debate them with words and not guns.

I request all Indians to stop posting in this thread, before you are called a vulture.

RIP to the minister.

The blasphemy law is just one issue; tomorrow it will be some other issue.

The larger problem is the breakdown of law and order. We can have all kinds of controversies in Pakistan, as long as people debate them with words and not guns.

Sir, Actually the problem is, if you dont mind, Excess of religion in each and every sphere of pakistani society. Believe me or not.

For gods sake there are equal number of muslims in India too. We do not see some ghazi with an AK pumping bullets here and there.

Problem is deep rooted. Based upon the upbringing of Pakistan as a nation. We can discuss the topic in some other thread, I guess.

Sir But your favorite pakistani channels are Copying and showing the same garbage that Indian media showed before yours could do.

DAWN.COM

Dude listen if the pamphlets are there fine, I will take my words back. But still it dont disqualify your tone that you were using and the sarcasm that you were implying.

Now there cant be 2 ways about things either the TTP did it or they didnt. If they did it and left the material there then they did it. No one can say hay we found the pamphlets but we cant be sure as no one claimed responsibility.

Shahbaz-Bhatti-r-pictured-007.jpg

Shahbaz Bhatti, pictured in 2005, was Pakistan's minorities minister. Photograph: Faisal Mahmood/Reuters

Sir, Actually the problem is, if you dont mind, Excess of religion in each and every sphere of pakistani society. Believe me or not.

For gods sake there are equal number of muslims in India too. We do not see some ghazi with an AK pumping bullets here and there.

Problem is deep rooted. Based upon the upbringing of Pakistan as a nation. We can discuss the topic in some other thread, I guess.

Developer is right it is the absence of the law and order and the faliour of the gov and has nothing to do with the religion. Religion is used as an excuse to get away with things but that is the mistake of the people who use it, and not the religion its self. So stop dragging it in please.

Dude listen if the pamphlets are there fine, I will take my words back. But still it dont disqualify your tone that you were using and the sarcasm that you were implying.

Sir I just said that so and so forum is reporting so and so. You should have not used foul words in first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

I disagree. I believe that any issue, be it religious or non-religious in nature, can be solved if the two parties indulge in debate. In our country as well, we have the Khap issue which sometimes results in death because people are more interested in using brawn instead of brains. Just my 2 cents

who gave u the right to come here & lecture us? i've been going thru ur posts & u got nothing positive or constructive to say all what ur doing is flaming & trolling... let us PAKISTANIS solve this issue, its our worry not yours, its our home & its our responsibility to put our home in order, so take a chill pill & stop lecturing us... PEACE

Seems to me that there is a political angle to this as well - it seems designed to keep "sentiment" at peak levels, to create a melieu, an environment -- while Muzlooms in Tunisia and Egytp and Libya and Algeria and Yemen and Oman and Bahrain and Iraq - want freedom from this idiot Muslim as a oppressed, identity BS, people in Pakistan will have none of that rubbish - social liberation is a vice -- but it can't be stopped, doesn't matter who these Muslims kill, they can't stop Pakistanis from coming together as Pakistanis - at least, so it seems to me

Developer is right it is the absence of the law and order and the faliour of the gov and has nothing to do with the religion. Religion is used as an excuse to get away with things but that is the mistake of the people who use it, and not the religion its self. So stop dragging it in please.

Even if you have a prefect law and order what is the use if your legal community (read lawyers) feels pride in kissing the murderers. No one from your civil society even condemned killing of Salman Taseer on record. Just give me one news where someone from pakistan civil society condemned killing of Tasser.

Your legal setup is having draconian blasphemy and hudood laws (again religion based)?? As I said it is all in the upbringing.

Back
Top Bottom