What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

Freedom of speech allows US citizens to post anything they want, nudity is not allowed because minors are not allowed to watch nude content and the websites have minor members.

The more you react to these stupid fan pages, the more these pages will be created. You will not understand this, because there is difference in our mentalities. Pakistan is a conserved nation today. In the past it used to be a modern nation. India was conserved and traditional 2-3 decades back but is modernizing now. 3 decades back Pakistan was way more modern and civilized than India. Times have truly turned for the worse.

Rather than satisfying extremists by banning these pages, is it not more important to control them, teach them that nothing is above law, eliminate these evil from the society?

I disagree, Pakistan has been the same throughout, your are picking up a single temporary incident to bring in your clearly biased views. Had this happened in the 60's if internet and facebook existed back then, you would have seen a similar reaction.

We have come a long way but still have a long way to go and so do you. There is not point in unwanted comparison her because a single incident does not describe the whole nation, this ban is rightfully for a statement that offence is something we do not take lightly.

If standing up to someone who causes you offence is being backwards, then I am as backwards as they can get. Banning might be the only reasonable solution because otherwise violence, damage and unfortunately loss of life can occur.

Please read this and look at the views of political cartoonists who are against this too, perhaps they are backwards in your mind because of this.

Political cartoonists split on usefulness of 'Everybody Draw Muhammad Day'

GOOD WORK PTA!! Pakistan in Action!! i heared about Turkish Hackers hacked Facebook Pages!! GOOD WORK!! Latest News is PTA Banned 450 Websites today.

Govt MUST BANNED Cheap Messages and Fonecalls so that new generation stop spending thr important time on these Bs and concentrate on Studies and rest of important thingS!

"PAKISTAN IN ACTION" :yahoo:

the site is not hacked. Its still on.

PTA walay shukar kar rahay hain hamain b koi kaam mila hey jab say PTA organization bani hey LOLzz

the site is not hacked. Its still on.

BEfore quote read my msg CAREFULLY with OPEN EYEZ i said Turkish hackers hacked FB Pages (which contain stuff against muslims and our relign)

i just hope entire internet is not banned in Pakistan or else PDF will become very boring...our day is not made without a little India-Pakistan bashing session everyday in PDF..lol.:P

both are bad things, I don't understand whats the point in banning informative sites like Wikipedia & to some extent youtube....

as sparkingly said there are loads of sites which needs to be banned but they are working for years & no one gives a damn...

they must provide alternatives or just simply ban the whole internet...

i guess we agree on this BOTH are bad!!! however they BOTH cannot be compared. reason being blasphemy and pron are two different things altogether. you can't compare apples & oranges.

as for alternatives it is not like they "planned" to ban it from a while back & its not like they are "banning these websites for life" its only for a few days as a sign of protest! :coffee:

@ Indian Jatt and Jagjinatt, I am in no way condoning banning these websites but there has to be some restrictions on what these popular websites are used for. Like Facebook and Youtube, disallow nudity becuase it might cause offence, they can also moderate such pages for the views being openly put forward.

If it was freedom of speech then there are better ways of countering a group rather than being utterly offensive. It is clear that this is attracting all the bigots and their views are despicable.

Banning is not the answer, but it might lead to the required end. That is getting the pages removed while also keeping the extremist muslims from making any unwanted moves of destruction and damage.

Exactly!

I still remember those horrible riots back in 2007 and I am sure GoP has that incident in mind and the decision is being made. GoP has no other option but to ban these websites (temporarily ofcourse).

Back
Top Bottom