What's new

Pakistan's GNSS to be functional by June 2013

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, Oct 10 (APP): Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) acquired by Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO), with the assistance from China,will become functional by June 2013. GNSS is a set of navigation satellites orbiting around the earth and providing geo-spatial positioning service worldwide. The system allows a small electronic receiver to determine its location using time signals transmitted from these navigation satellites.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - GNSS to be functional by June 2013

Source http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-defence-industry/210695-pak-1st-user-beidou-outside-china.html

Good news for Pakistan. need such news and discussion on current development. Time to move on from stale topics.

BTW provide info about this integrated to Pakistani armed forces. What are priority plans ?

^^ I have emailed SUPARCO-
If i get a response i will post here.
I can speculate thatits a Pakistan specific augmentation satellite,
Similar to india's GPS augmentation.

^^ I have emailed SUPARCO-
If i get a response i will post here.
I can speculate thatits a Pakistan specific augmentation satellite,
Similar to india's GPS augmentation.
hHope your first 2 lines are not sarcastic :D. If not, then its news to me.

Next two lines, I agree with your speculation.

By 2013,SUPARCO, will probably build groun stations to measure Beidou position errors for different areas in Pakistan for being uploaded to satellite and then re teansmitted to Beidou users within Pakistan..
That will increase Beidou accuracy to within centimeters.
Hint : GPS Augmentation.

@Krait,no i wasnt being sarcastic.
One of my class mates work there..although he is useless at replying to emails or attending calls.

ISLAMABAD, Oct 10 (APP): Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) acquired by Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO), with the assistance from China,will become functional by June 2013. GNSS is a set of navigation satellites orbiting around the earth and providing geo-spatial positioning service worldwide. The system allows a small electronic receiver to determine its location using time signals transmitted from these navigation satellites.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - GNSS to be functional by June 2013

Source http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-defence-industry/210695-pak-1st-user-beidou-outside-china.html

When we will be able to build facilities in Pakistan to assemble satellites at home. I wished we will be doing that soon.

Good to see Pakistan is getting this Gps. Man I am impressed, whenever India develops any technology, Pakistan always figures out ways to neutralise it from somewhere. :P. This competition is good for both nations.

Btw please share new details if come.

By 2013,SUPARCO, will probably build groun stations to measure Beidou position errors for different areas in Pakistan for being uploaded to satellite and then re teansmitted to Beidou users within Pakistan..
That will increase Beidou accuracy to within centimeters.
Hint : GPS Augmentation.

@Krait,no i wasnt being sarcastic.
One of my class mates work there..although he is useless at replying to emails or attending calls.

You mean like this? :

AEomh.jpg

A friend's relative works there and all he said was that it was for some satellite thing.

In Near future I'm seeing our Ballistic missiles (Shaheen 1 A and Shaheen 2) and Cruise Missiles using satellite guidance chips in their navigational systems.

Back
Top Bottom