What's new

Pakistan's GNSS to be functional by June 2013

We can bury our hopes of a Pakistani GNSS by 2013.
Government has cut funding of most defence projects and funds diverted to PPP cintituencies.

The lady responsible for overlooking the Project has gone to Canada,probably on imigration and currently nobody in SUPARCO is working on the Project..

R-I-P Pakistan's GNSS

Give me proof ............. I have heard from my friends whose relatives work in suparco that there is no such thing of cancellation of satellite program set for next 50 years there are coming many satellites atleast one a year....

And Dont blame PPP for everything try to be more proffesional This is military project too and no one can mess with military in Pakistan

Give me proof ............. I have heard from my friends whose relatives work in suparco that there is no such thing of cancellation of satellite program set for next 50 years there are coming many satellites atleast one a year....

And Dont blame PPP for everything try to be more proffesional This is military project too and no one can mess with military in Pakistan
sir,
i will be more than happy to be proved wrong...

ISLAMABAD, Oct 10 (APP): Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) acquired by Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO), with the assistance from China,will become functional by June 2013. GNSS is a set of navigation satellites orbiting around the earth and providing geo-spatial positioning service worldwide. The system allows a small electronic receiver to determine its location using time signals transmitted from these navigation satellites.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - GNSS to be functional by June 2013

Source http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-defence-industry/210695-pak-1st-user-beidou-outside-china.html

So finally Pakistan is taking serious steps in space :azn:

We can bury our hopes of a Pakistani GNSS by 2013.
Government has cut funding of most defence projects and funds diverted to PPP cintituencies.

The lady responsible for overlooking the Project has gone to Canada,probably on imigration and currently nobody in SUPARCO is working on the Project..

R-I-P Pakistan's GNSS
ok say in the event of an indo-pak war,if china remains to be neutral,can it deny the signals to pak millitary??? you guys would be in trouble then,isn't it???

ok say in the event of an indo-pak war,if china remains to be neutral,can it deny the signals to pak millitary??? you guys would be in trouble then,isn't it???

what if Russia stops the supply of spare parts, so many Ifs and we sit on our Buts

what if Russia stops the supply of spare parts, so many Ifs and we sit on our Buts
plz don't try to be a fanboy and talk non-sense.... I was enquiring about pakistan's back-up plan in this case.And yes india-china relationship is becomming stronger day-by-day,the trade volume is increasing rapidly, and in case of a war,if india requests leilently,who knows what the chinese would do( remember china never actively supported you in a war).so,it is good for pak to have a back-up plan...India knows that russia may stop giving it GLONASS signals in case of a war with china,hence the back-up is IRNSS

Back
Top Bottom