What's new

Pakistan's first tablet revealed

there was another thread 6 days ago on same news and it said.
pac pad 15000 PKR
Ebook reader 8500 PKR
Notebook 23900 PKR

Wonderful news. I am definitely going to buy it. Great development.

the pac pad is pretty good..its multi touch capacitive screen.android 2.3
Arm11 processor...built in camera..hdmi output..
but the RAM is low..only 256mb

When is this tablet coming to market? And under what brand name?
BTW with 3G/4G LTE going to be launched in Pakistan soon, these products gona rock the market. IT boom is expected (Not to forget Govt. of Punjab 's 110,000+300,000 free laptops plus free wifi cloud for students)

Is the PAD voice enabled too? I mean can we use it as phone like samsung galaxy tab series?

Is the PAD voice enabled too? I mean can we use it as phone like samsung galaxy tab series?

nop.......
comeon its a 15000rs thing....and first version...you cant ask for everything.

I was reading the specification, the OS is Android and in the Software section it claims to run MSOffice. To my knowledge MSOffice does not run on Gingerbread (Android 2.3).

PAC-eBOOK 1, 5 hours of battery life for e-book reader ? My old Amazon Kindle e-book reader needed to be charged once a month and I might have easily used it 10-15hrs of reading.

Unfortunately, the tablet has an Arm11 processor. It's not that bad (arm11 aka armv6 aka the same class of proc used in the iPhone 3G), but it's no where near the armv7 processors in high-end tablets (iPad, Galaxy tab, etc). I guess they had to cut costs somewhere to keep the price at Rs. 15,000.

The HD 7" display is pretty awesome though.

I was reading the specification, the OS is Android and in the Software section it claims to run MSOffice. To my knowledge MSOffice does not run on Gingerbread (Android 2.3).

Seems like Pakistani military does what it does best, a big topi on the head of Pakistani tax-payer (if such species exists).

They probably meant that the tablet has software that can run Ms Office files, since (to my knowledge), Microsoft hasn't released Ms Office for android AT ALL.

Edit: Quickly edited your post after i caught you eh? :rolleyes:

nop.......
comeon its a 15000rs thing....and first version...you cant ask for everything.

I agree though i would like to wait for the gsm enable version of this device even if its costs a bit more as compared to Samsung series which is very expensive.

Display centers

RAWALPINDI

Outlet # 1
Shop No. 15, Singapore Plaza,
Bank Road, Saddar, Rawalpindi

Outlet # 2
Shop No. 16, Singapore Plaza,
Bank Road, Saddar, Rawalpindi

Outlet # 3
Shop No. 4, Paris Plaza,
Commercial Market, Rawalpindi

Outlet # 4
Shop No. 21, Paris Plaza,
Commercial Market, Rawalpindi

Not much info on other cities though they have contact numbers for those who want to purchase this.

Head Office (Islamabad):

House No. 220-A, Street No. 39, F-11/3, Islamabad-44000, Pakistan
Ph: +92 (51) 2110 482
Fax: +92 (51) 2110 483
Email: sales@cpmc.pk

Back
Top Bottom