What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

interesting-tell-me-z9yx8h.jpg
It's called cooperative engagement mode or capability.

look at center mode. Erieyes guiding AMRAAMs fired from Gripens acting as delivery trucks.
Amraam-performance.jpg

Last edited:
ha ha. Yes, i could not longer take it! Okay, one aircraft written off, two aircraft damaged, port and starboard side, all vertical services, radar air intakes, and outer panels, and vertical stabilizers and outer skins, such as in any high heat damage. Detailed surveys were done by PAC, those guys are very good. Most of these repairs were done by PAF. Most structure items were manufactured locally. Techniques developed to replicate SAAB's superior manufacturing skills. Two SAAB 2000 airline birds were taken from market, also some of the requirement parts. One come in complete pieces as were required, and was used to recover one aircraft. Other 02 flew in, one was used to recover the other bird, and now is a Christmas tree for support of fleet. One complete suite was procured from SAAB. A complete flying aircraft will now be fitted locally with the complete suite. This is the complete story. Now you can plug in the holes from public releases. Doubters will remain as doubters. As ACM Sohail Aman says, it is true. Over 200 Million USD were saved from SAAB's offer. Credit goes to him for his leadership in current and previous role. First SAAB refused to help, so PAF started working on their own. Then they came crying and sold the one complete ERIEYE system for pittance. Again Credit to ACM Sohail Aman. At the end, PAF has 04 SAAB again. A slap on the face of the enemy who uses cowardly asymmetric attacks against platforms that change the ORBAT in INDOPAK or AFPAK scenario. Cheers.
@HRK .
This is the post I was alluding to. I hope @Bilal Khan 777 is doing well and wish him the best of luck. He is an assett to this forum and I fear a few of us were a bit too abrasive and even disrespectful to a very senior PAF veteran
Regards

I think of it a lot of time that if we could repair the damaged Saab Erieye and can convert a Saab-2000 into an Erieye inhouse then we should also replace ZDK-03's radar with Erieye / Ericsson AESA radar. Although members here have always said that ZDK-03 has AESA radar but Chinese sources have never made such a claim. And I've also come to know that PAF is not very much satisfied with ZDK-03 and it was nowhere to be seen in Op. Swift Retort. Therefore we have a platform, if we could install an Erieye radar & systems in it then we'll have two advantages which are having a superior AESA radar and that too with 360-degree coverage.
ZDK-03s are based in Karachi. Whereas operation took place in northern sector. Can you move such assets just for one mission???

@HRK .
This is the post I was alluding to. I hope @Bilal Khan 777 is doing well and wish him the best of luck. He is an assett to this forum and I fear a few of us were a bit too abrasive and even disrespectful to a very senior PAF veteran
Regards
We also have to remember that @Bilal Khan 777 is a veteran and a real-world senior. He says it straight and sharp, and a lot of us weren't used to that, or took it the wrong way (since we're all online). Words can seem harsher than they're actually are (and that's why using emojis is a good idea!)

That said, in reading those details, you can start seeing why PAC was interested in producing a single-aisle airliner. I personally like the Saab 2000, so I hope there's a way to resurrect its production (but in Pakistan).

Most of the Saab 2000's core inputs (e.g., engine, propeller, avionics, etc) are COTS, so I suspect it's more of an issue of getting the design/IP from Saab so that we can set-up its jigs in Pakistan.

@HRK .
Regards
Adding to this post is an excerpt of another post from me and response from him.
Me:-
"Thank you. Great post. What about the 3 new ones. Do we have any part in the assembly which indicates the cost or are they being assembled and shifted to Pak."
A
@Bilal Khan 777
"New will come as new as contracted."

This means we will have 7 Erieyes. In my view these 3 posts from him will resolve any confusion in the mind of posters.
A

جان کی امان پاؤں تو عرض کروں؟
PAF originally is said to have acquired 4 erieye.
Then PAF recently bought 3 kits from Sweden to be installed and assembled in Pakistan.
So thsts a grand total of 7?
But MODP year book said "6th AWACS"?
So there's the confusion.
Confusion is whther the three kits were additional or whether 1 of them was used for reclaiming the old system. So I am not clear whether ultimately will there be 6or 7 units

We also have to remember that @Bilal Khan 777 is a veteran and a real-world senior. He says it straight and sharp, and a lot of us weren't used to that, or took it the wrong way (since we're all online). Words can seem harsher than they're actually are (and that's why using emojis is a good idea!)

That said, in reading those details, you can start seeing why PAC was interested in producing a single-aisle airliner. I personally like the Saab 2000, so I hope there's a way to resurrect its production (but in Pakistan).

Most of the Saab 2000's core inputs (e.g., engine, propeller, avionics, etc) are COTS, so I suspect it's more of an issue of getting the design/IP from Saab so that we can set-up its jigs in Pakistan.
How good is current saab eryie for surface sea survilance. Seeing we are really getting alot of systems

I think of it a lot of time that if we could repair the damaged Saab Erieye and can convert a Saab-2000 into an Erieye inhouse then we should also replace ZDK-03's radar with Erieye / Ericsson AESA radar. Although members here have always said that ZDK-03 has AESA radar but Chinese sources have never made such a claim. And I've also come to know that PAF is not very much satisfied with ZDK-03 and it was nowhere to be seen in Op. Swift Retort. Therefore we have a platform, if we could install an Erieye radar & systems in it then we'll have two advantages which are having a superior AESA radar and that too with 360-degree coverage.
ZDK03 had a PESA.It was due to be changed to an AESA. Current status unknown.
A

Confusion is whther the three kits were additional or whether 1 of them was used for reclaiming the old system. So I am not clear whether ultimately will there be 6or 7 units

How good is current saab eryie for surface sea survilance. Seeing we are really getting alot of systems
The Erieye has a range of 352 km and surface coverage area of 500,000 km(2). Our EEZ's surface area is 290,000 km(2), so in terms of localized situational awareness, it's really good. You combine that with the PN's plans for its own MALE UAVs and LRMPAs (which will use their own AESA radars), and the armed forces eventually using satellites (IMINT, RSS, etc), we shouldn't have any trouble monitoring our waters or neighbouring seas.

The Erieye has a range of 352 km and surface coverage area of 500,000 km(2). Our EEZ's surface area is 290,000 km(2), so in terms of localized situational awareness, it's really good. You combine that with the PN's plans for its own MALE UAVs and LRMPAs (which will use their own AESA radars), and the armed forces eventually using satellites (IMINT, RSS, etc), we shouldn't have any trouble monitoring our waters or neighbouring seas.
Hi if I may ask in 24 hours of cycle how many we need in air at a time
Thank you

Adding to this post is an excerpt of another post from me and response from him.
Me:-
"Thank you. Great post. What about the 3 new ones. Do we have any part in the assembly which indicates the cost or are they being assembled and shifted to Pak."
A
@Bilal Khan 777
"New will come as new as contracted."

This means we will have 7 Erieyes. In my view these 3 posts from him will resolve any confusion in the mind of posters.
A
So that's 7 in total.

surveillance of our seas is absolutely important, we learned the lesson in the 1970s. The whole country depends upon a single port basically..with gawadar just starting

Back
Top Bottom