What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

would it not be plausible and economical to acquire more Saab 2000? demonstrated by PAF the ability to repair, rebuild and maintain the fuselage/chassis should push to develop an analog to Saab/Ericsson AEW&C by Pakistan as Pakistan has a good understanding of the whole system! Apart from AEW&C other surveillance and jammer aircraft can be made too.

Lets not forget that in 2012 there was a spare fuselage with designation "J" , of which we could not find any record, and the assumption was that the totalled fuselage of the AEW was gutted and Radar systems removed and fitted to this one?
I remember we spent about an year discussing this matter and could not agree :lol:
it's not the case of additional fuselage which but additional radar systems which If I remember correctly only 3 were imported, as far as number of SAAB-2000 aircraft is concern we have imported 7 since 2016.
10049 last known active year.jpg

also visit this link-1 to confirm date of deliveries of additional airfram to PAF

it's not the case of additional fuselage which but additional radar systems which If I remember correctly only 3 were imported, as far as number of SAAB-2000 aircraft is concern we have imported 7 since 2016.
View attachment 618963
also visit this link-1 to confirm date of deliveries of additional airfram to PAF
Yes but the website you are referring to is a user contributions website , reliable but not official.

View attachment 618963
What are we doing with so many?

would it not be plausible and economical to acquire more Saab 2000? demonstrated by PAF the ability to repair, rebuild and maintain the fuselage/chassis should push to develop an analog to Saab/Ericsson AEW&C by Pakistan as Pakistan has a good understanding of the whole system! Apart from AEW&C other surveillance and jammer aircraft can be made too.
A regional aircraft for PIA if they can get license ..SAAB isnt building or selling them anymore

A regional aircraft for PIA if they can get license ..SAAB isnt building or selling them anymore
Check Quwa new article , these will be backbone of future warfare . Not too much . These are eyes and ears of PAF , thats y they were attacked by RAW backed terrorists .

Saab must have the design information of the Saab 2000. It's a matter of building a facility (with the right jigs, etc) to manufacture it. The input sourcing would mostly be COTS anyways, especially for the engine, electronics, propellers, etc.

@aliyusuf PAF official history book itself states that 1 had major damage while 2 had minor damage. Since we repaired only two Saab 2000s back to service, the 3rd on was basically damaged beyond repair and a complete write-off.

@aliyusuf PAF official history book itself states that 1 had major damage while 2 had minor damage. Since we repaired only two Saab 2000s back to service, the 3rd on was basically damaged beyond repair and a complete write-off.
if possible kindly post the snap to end the confusion of certain members .....

they must have something in their mind

Since the book covers 1999-2013, it doesn't offer details of the recovery effort but we know since then from multiple sources that only two aircraft were repaired.

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_182628-01.jpeg
    IMG_20200330_182628-01.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 43

63 were built and almost all are in storage..
as new jet based aircraft quickly replaced them in the era of low oil prices..it was kinda SAAB loss

Saab must have the design information of the Saab 2000. It's a matter of building a facility (with the right jigs, etc) to manufacture it. The input sourcing would mostly be COTS anyways, especially for the engine, electronics, propellers, etc.
What I meant was acquire the ones that are in storages and those with good structural integrity used!

Did PAF actually receive 4 erieye back in the days?
As far as I remember the 4th one was dubious.

Even if India buys a few more.. Just remember the timeframe... How log ago did they order? I think that we can add some time before IAF receives those planes. And I bet newer versiosn will be newer so the old need to upgrade and people need to be trained etc etc.

Whether you buy new planes or add more into your inventory... It is never fast enough.
Munir has died.
There should be some indication as such for members who died.

Back
Top Bottom