What's new

Pakistani violent secularist groups?

That will not happen. You see the only secularist group in Pakistan is MQM, which is a Mohajir party. Mohajirs are those people who migrated from India to Pakistan during partition. They make only 7% of Pakistan's population. The majority of Pakistani members in this forum are Mohajirs. The Pakistanis who are pro-secularists in this forum are all Mohajirs. You will not find any of Pakistan's major ethnic groups (Punjabis, Pakhtuns, Kashmiris, Sindhis, and Baloch) as determined as Mohajirs are for secularism.

Therefore you're dream for violent secularist groups will not come true because we know how to handle these secularist Mohajirs ;)

Your racist mindset is clouding your analyses and judgement.

I know tons of Punjabis and Sindhis who are very very liberal and even secular. The Punjabis of these are just scared of pissing off their families and other loonies so thay choose to stay quiet in Pakistan. Intimidation is obviously a friend of your ilk.

That is why I did not use the word "Secular" I said "Liberal". The Pathans will leave Pakistan if it becomes secular but not liberal. We were liberal in the 60s nobody left. We were happy, prosperous and on our way to a better future. 80s screwed us good and are continuing to do so till today. If extremism prevails then the most heinous crimes will be able to go unpunished, disguised in the veil of religion(The warm welcome Tasseer's murderer comes to mind).

I dont mind a liberal Pakistan but a secularist Pakistan will destroy Pakistan. Not only Pakhtuns but Baloch will also leave Pakistan. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan are the most conservative provinces of Pakistan, and if we lose these provinces of Pakistan then Pakistan will be finished and the secularist MQM and Mohajirs will then have their dream come true of uniting eastern provinces with India. That is their plan. I've talked to Mohajirs in the west most of them dream of uniting with india.

Whereas I may wish extremist Mullahs dead, I will not raise my hand in violence and contribute towards the madness - of course this would change very rapidly if the question is of self-defence and the government remains inept to do anything to defend me.

Of course, I won't be silenced and will continue to convince hearts and minds to adopt better ways.

Violence is for whiny immature pussies.

Your racist mindset is clouding your analyses and judgement.

I know tons of Punjabis and Sindhis who are very very liberal and even secular. The Punjabis of these are just scared of pissing off their families and other loonies so thay choose to stay quiet in Pakistan. Intimidation is obviously a friend of your ilk.

You're talking to a Punjabi Pakistani here.

Many of us are liberal, but very few of us are secularist.

Most Mohajirs are secularists, almost all I talked to.

That will not happen. You see the only secularist group in Pakistan is MQM, which is a Mohajir party. Mohajirs are those people who migrated from India to Pakistan during partition. They make only 7% of Pakistan's population. The majority of Pakistani members in this forum are Mohajirs. The Pakistanis who are pro-secularists in this forum are all Mohajirs. You will not find any of Pakistan's major ethnic groups (Punjabis, Pakhtuns, Kashmiris, Sindhis, and Baloch) as determined as Mohajirs are for secularism.

Therefore you're dream for violent secularist groups will not come true because we know how to handle these secularist Mohajirs ;)

Oh dear then you have to handle me as well. I am a liberal Punjabi and yeah pro-secular. Muhajirs are not the only one who migrated from India. My forefathers too migrated from Indian Punjab.

I don't like your tone and the way you talked about Muhajirs. Apologize for that. They are as much Pakistanis as much as you claim too be.

Whereas I may wish extremist Mullahs dead, I will not raise my hand in violence and contribute towards the madness - of course this would change very rapidly if the question is of self-defence and the government remains inept to do anything to defend me.

Of course, I won't be silenced and will continue to convince hearts and minds to adopt better ways.

Violence is for whiny immature pussies.

Agreed. Violence is not the answer. It will negate the very idea of liberalism. Dialogue and discussion is the key.

Being a liberal in Pakistan is not easy. Liberals don't have guns. Liberals don't have the support of the state. Liberals are the ones who have to fear for their lives when they say something in public that goes against conventional wisdom, or think about taking out a protest. If you want to guarantee your unpopularity in Pakistan, all you have to do is make a public announcement about being a liberal.People turn to extremism because there is no secular alternative. If a working secular alternative existed...i think youth would join secular groups.In all the media coverage I've seen in the past few days on internet..A lot of people have been going on and on about Pakistan's so-called 'liberal fascists' (and some defence.pk forum members too) i.e. people who hate Islam and want Pakistan to be more 'Westernized'. My question is this: Have these 'liberal fascists' killed anyone? Have they blown up any schools, or exploded in any markets? Have they forced people to do anything at gunpoint?The mind boggles at the false equivalence that is being created here. Suggesting that liberal 'extremists' have the same power, or even voice, as the religious right is simply false. This isn't a balanced equation in which both sides of the divide have equal weight.I can only wish that 'liberal fascists' had as much power as is being suggested is available to them.

Ay kal nai ay... Jinnu wi haq di kal karni aandi ay, oh hor koi gal nahi kar sakda.

Secularism di gal assi Pakistan de mufaad lai karde ne, zaati mufaad lai nai.

Bro! You know what Liberals also believe in secularism.

Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but most liberals support such fundamental ideas as constitutions, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, free trade, and the separation of church and state.

Secularism is the concept that government or other entities should exist separately from religion and/or religious beliefs.

Those who claim to be liberal but not secular are pure hypocrites.

Ay kal nai ay... Jinnu wi haq di kal karni aandi ay, oh hor koi gal nahi kar sakda.

Secularism di gal assi Pakistan de mufaad lai karde ne, zaati mufaad lai nai.

Asim Pra, main Pakistan da interest soch da hu.

Zararoori hain yeh lariye karna apnay Pakistani loki de nal?

Pakistan Islam de naam bana da aur Islam Pakistan nouh hamesha mazboot rakh na hain.

Secular Pakistan will make Pakistanis :sniper:

Last edited:
Bro! You know what Liberals also believe in secularism.

Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but most liberals support such fundamental ideas as constitutions, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, free trade, and the separation of church and state.

Secularism is the concept that government or other entities should exist separately from religion and/or religious beliefs.

How can you have Secularism in a country which the very basis is Islam? What do the 4 provinces of Pakistan have in common? Islam. Nothing else except Islam. Good Luck bringing secularism to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan they will never accept it.

Why dont you people understand that secularism is not in the best interest for Pakistan? It will only cause more fights and divisions between Pakistanis.

I dont mind a liberal Pakistan but a secularist Pakistan will destroy Pakistan. Not only Pakhtuns but Baloch will also leave Pakistan. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan are the most conservative provinces of Pakistan, and if we lose these provinces of Pakistan then Pakistan will be finished and the secularist MQM and Mohajirs will then have their dream come true of uniting eastern provinces with India. That is their plan. I've talked to Mohajirs in the west most of them dream of uniting with india.

Are you Okay Sir? Atleast stop your Mohajir bashing here:disagree:

Some of our Pakistani brothers are just sooo.......:hitwall: I don't know who have tell them that Mohajirs want to reunite with India. I am a pure Karachiti Muhajir Urduspeaker Pakistani & no one have this stupid dream, please wakeup. Muhajirs are Pakistanis & love Pakistan more than their life.:pakistan:

Are you Okay Sir? Atleast stop your Mohajir bashing here:disagree:

Some of our Pakistani brothers are just sooo.......:hitwall: I don't know who have tell them that Mohajirs want to reunite with India. I am a pure Karachiti Muhajir Urduspeaker Pakistani & no one have this stupid dream, please wakeup. Muhajirs are Pakistanis & love Pakistan more than their life.:pakistan:

I said most not all. I know some Mohajir Pakistanis who are very pro-Pakistan but unfortunately many of your people are like Altaf Hussein dreaming of uniting Pakistan (atleast the eastern provinces) with India. That will not happen but it is a concern.

How can you have Secularism in a country which the very basis is Islam? What do the 4 provinces of Pakistan have in common? Islam. Nothing else except Islam. Good Luck bringing secularism to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan they will never accept it.

Why dont you people understand that secularism is not in the best interest for Pakistan? It will only cause more fights and divisions between Pakistanis.

I support secular Pakistan but i am not imposing my will. That is what people have to decide. I will try to convince my countrymen through dialogue and discussion. Rest is their decision. No compulsion.
I know that KP and Baluchistan are generally conservative by nature but people change with time. When that will happen, people will accept new ideas.

Back
Top Bottom