What's new

Pakistani Scientists developing Nano-Transistors

Really so what are the courses please give us a Link of it and also who can do that??? I mean qualification???

they offer m.engg degree in material sciences i believe and nano technology is a part of the course

http://www.neduet.edu.pk/mmd/ME_Outline.htm

idk about the requirements and admission policy, look here and there on the website you may find it

This is masters...I am talking about fully proper 4 year bachelor programs.

4 years studying nano? no one offers that, they may offer specialization in that field at an advanced stage(maybe after 3 years into B.S)

4 years studying nano? no one offers that, they may offer specialization in that field at an advanced stage(maybe after 3 years into B.S)

Materials Sciences, nanotech. You are correct.

A question: How many manufacturing plants for ordinary transistors and ICs/chips do we have and how can they benefit from advances in nanotechnology such as in this report?

Every research need endless interest, health,wealth and struggle but after this invention Pakistan will save endless wealth to purchase this from external market and will be beneficial unlimited.

This is masters...I am talking about fully proper 4 year bachelor programs.

No point of doing a 4 year bachelors in nanotech, one is far better off doing Bachelors in Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical or Chemical, and then move in to Nanotech for their grad studies. In this way, he has the wider knowledge base about functional charateristics in both bulk scale, and nano scale.

No point of doing a 4 year bachelors in nanotech, one is far better off doing Bachelors in Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical or Chemical, and then move in to Nanotech for their grad studies. In this way, he has the wider knowledge base about functional charateristics in both bulk scale, and nano scale.

Some folks say that the Mech and Electrical job market is very very saturated in Pakistan.

The only thing going UP is Computer software or telecom. People choose the telecom stream in Electrical engg. As for Mech, the way to go is power sector or oil and gas.

Some folks told me that about 70% of the people who graduated from the top unis in Pakistan in Elec or Mech remained unemployed for the first year, while the ones in Computer software even from the 3rd Tier unis got a job straight up.

Then the nanotech field is really blossoming, especially in Japan and US and Europe. It is practically non-existent in this part of the world, but forecasts do think that it is very promising. A bit like telecom and software, a couple of decades back, the telecom and software industry was non-existent, but then it just jumped up.

Problem with our media is they mostly report negative aspects to grab more viewers. People tend to say, good job and move on to good news while have a lengthy discussion/ higher expression of interest on bad ones. But this is how media usually is all over the world too.

no our media is ignorant of all....u wudnt find these news so easily on our media...as they are busy showing stupid things day n nite...:angry:

the science related news are hardly there...:argh:

Don't be docile, pressure the media, call them, email them, send a clear message to them about their reporting. People in Pakistan need to organize themselves in order to become an effective body with a voice.

like they care abt our emails n suggestions:omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom