What's new

Pakistani leaders call for strong Iran-Pakistan relationship

More good news:

Pakistan, Iran holding talks on barter trade tomorrow

Israr Khan
Saturday, April 21, 2012

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and Iran will hold talks on Sunday in Tehran on the proposed ‘barter trade deal’ - a move which, if materialised, would be a major breakthrough in trade relations between the two countries.

A high-powered Pakistani delegation will leave on Saturday (today) for Iran. The delegation will comprise Secretary National Food Security and Research (NFS&R) Shafqat Hussain Nagmi, Managing Director of Pakistan Agricultural Storage and Services Corporation (PASSCO) Major General Sohail Shafkat and other senior officials from the ministry of production, ministry of commerce and ministry of industries.

“We have offered one million tons of wheat to Iran and in return Tehran will provide us fertilizers and iron ore. We had carried out laboratory tests of the wheat which are fine and we are also taking its sample with us,” Nagmi told The News.

“We will discuss the pricing of these commodities which both the countries are willing to trade under barter arrangement,” he added.Another official said that Pakistan is interested to take 0.6 million tons of urea and 0.2 million tons of iron ore out of which 30,000 tons will be of lump ore and remaining as fine iron ore for the state-run Pakistan Steel Mills.

Gul Muhammad Rind, secretary of ministry of production, when contacted said: “This will be a big breakthrough in Pak-Iran trade if materialised as both the sides are very much enthusiastic for this deal which will benefit both the countries.” All the federal ministries are on same page and want to push this barter deal forward, he added.

The proposed arrangement was first discussed in February this year when President Asif Ali Zardari and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad held a meeting in Islamabad. Both the leaders resolved to jack up Pak-Iran bilateral trade to $10 billion through barter system.

In the same month, Iranian deputy trade minister Abbas Ghobadi also held meetings with top business community and senior government officials in Pakistan to step up work on this deal. In his meeting with water and power minister Syed Naveed Qamar, he had also expressed that Tehran was also interested in importing 0.2 million tons of rice from Pakistan.

It is worth mentioning that Iran is in confrontation with the United States and Western powers over its nuclear programme and is facing severe financial sanctions that pushed Tehran to explore new trade avenues with friendly countries.

Pakistan, Iran holding talks on barter trade tomorrow - thenews.com.pk

An Iranian source what we were talking about earlier about cooperating in science is mentioned, Its good that our leaders are getting their act together:

Iranian Envoy Reiterates Bolstering of Iran-Pakistan Mutual Cooperation

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran and Pakistan enjoy the potential to cater to each other's needs, a senior Iranian diplomat said, and invited Pakistan's business community to invest in his country's agriculture, tourism and metal industries

Speaking at the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) on Friday, Iranian Consul General Mohammad Hossein Bani Assadi said Iran and Pakistan can cater for each other's needs and urged them to share their experiences in science and technology.

"The business communities in the two countries would have to increase interaction to share their experiences in the larger interests of the people of the two brotherly nations who have many commonalities," he said.

The diplomat said that the volume of mutual trade between Iran and Pakistan does not match the level of their brotherly relations, adding that the two countries and their respective trade bodies would have to focus on expansion of trade by holding single country exhibitions or through trade delegations to each other's country.

He said that it was the duty of the chambers of commerce both in Iran and Pakistan to ensure dissemination of sector-specific and trade-related information.

Bani Assadi said that the two countries should also share their experiences in the field of science and technology also.

He said that agriculture, tourism sector and metal industry of Iran enjoy numerous investment opportunities, and the Pakistani business community should avail this opportunity.

Fars News Agency :: Iranian Envoy Reiterates Bolstering of Iran-Pakistan Mutual Cooperation

you are just .....:lol:
so tell iranians to go for alternative of india.Iran self requested india to gave a favor to repeat the 94 incident when iran helped to drop the UN resolution on kashmir and india did it ;)
Chinese were the first to drop the oil purchase to half.All other nations who buy iranians oil are korea and japan which are U.S allies.India is largest and second is china..;)

so if india goes then only will be china left which dropped oil supplies to half initially and now dont say paksitan will purchase it :rofl: you dont have a penny to finance the pipeline even :rofl:
:whistle:
so get ur hand on book and get some knowledge :P

Iran itself asked India to vote against herself in the UN ? Quite Surprising ? Ai'nt it ? :azn:
Chinese have made massive investment in Iran too ... Did you think you are defying those sanctions alone and for Iran's help ?
Yeah , dont buy discounted oil from Iran , what do you think even others wont purchase it then ?
Delusion shall i call it ?

Iran seeks to attract more Chinese investment - Tehran Times
China Investment in Iran Likely Too Heavy to Support Sanctions
Getting China to Sanction Iran | Foreign Affairs
Chinese firms bypass sanctions on Iran, U.S. says
PressTV - Iran attends China investment expo

And yes , again to enlighten you , Pakistan is planning to purchase oil and gas from Iran and that too not on deferred payment or anything as such ... Really ? We dont have money to finance the pipeline ... So where did the 1.2 million come from ?

Next time , try to do a little research before posting in such primary grade english filled with colored emotions which make no sense whatsoever ...

One is shia state other is sunni state, Daily/Weekly or monthly torture of shias in Pakistan wont create harmony btwn Pak and Iran.

Doesn't matter as the 80's Wahhabi ideology dies down ... We can live in harmony just like we did during Shah's era ...

What I want to know is why are Indians burning???

They simply cant digest the fact that Russia-Iran-Pakistan relations are getting better ...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes we are burning cause India have friendly relation with both Iran & Israel

Yeah , you are showing your fourth degree burns by posting off topic things in the thread ...

Just go back a few pages and see how your fellow Indians started posting articles about India-Iran relations which has nothing to do with the topic !

Insecure much ? :azn:

They simply cant digest the fact that Russia-Iran-Pakistan relations are getting better ...

Oh you missed China they invested hundred billion in Iran, infrastructure in Pakistan and paid for oil up front for pipelines from Russia to china

Correction, india has friendly relation with israel, on the other hand, with Iran its relation is motivated by business.

Yep with Israel its a strategic relationship with Iran it is just a transactional relationship that Indians need Iranian oil

Correction, india has friendly relation with israel, on the other hand, with Iran its relation is motivated by business.

same thing that China want from Bangladesh or Pakistan .....

Do you even know their is more than 32 times difference in import export (btw China and Bangladesh ) ???

Iran itself asked India to vote against herself in the UN ? Quite Surprising ? Ai'nt it ? :azn:
Chinese have made massive investment in Iran too ... Did you think you are defying those sanctions alone and for Iran's help ?
Yeah , dont buy discounted oil from Iran , what do you think even others wont purchase it then ?
Delusion shall i call it ?

Iran seeks to attract more Chinese investment - Tehran Times
China Investment in Iran Likely Too Heavy to Support Sanctions
Getting China to Sanction Iran | Foreign Affairs
Chinese firms bypass sanctions on Iran, U.S. says
PressTV - Iran attends China investment expo

And yes , again to enlighten you , Pakistan is planning to purchase oil and gas from Iran and that too not on deferred payment or anything as such ... Really ? We dont have money to finance the pipeline ... So where did the 1.2 million come from ?

Next time , try to do a little research before posting in such primary grade english filled with colored emotions which make no sense whatsoever ...

1)i was talking about recent 2 months when iran asked us to back them as they did in 94.
2)india is largest oil purchaser not china while china was first earlier :lol:.
3)These links just pass hot air ..nothing more..
4)india is providing rice,wheat and other stuff too and will trade in rupees..:lol:(its just fraction)
5)Pakistan cant complete iranian demands..even chinese cant do so...and i heard that iran was ready to finance the pipeline even in side pakistan :lol:
u asked russians to do so and to finance it..;)

pipeline cost is 700 million dollar.

so keep 1.2 million in ur pocket :rofl:

u need to search more..i dont ;)

1)i was talking about recent 2 months when iran asked us to back them as they did in 94.
2)india is largest oil purchaser not china while china was first earlier :lol:.
3)These links just pass hot air ..nothing more..
4)india is providing rice,wheat and other stuff too and will trade in rupees..:lol:(its just fraction)
5)Pakistan cant complete iranian demands..even chinese cant do so...and i heard that iran was ready to finance the pipeline even in side pakistan :lol:
u asked russians to do so and to finance it..;)

pipeline cost is 700 million dollar.

so keep 1.2 million in ur pocket :rofl:

u need to search more..i dont ;)

you cant even add up. Why are you burning Indian that the Islamic republics are getting closer

Yeah , you are showing your fourth degree burns by posting off topic things in the thread ...

Just go back a few pages and see how your fellow Indians started posting articles about India-Iran relations which has nothing to do with the topic !

Insecure much ? :azn:

read my earlier post..it will get farts from u :lol:
i wrote correctly and i challenge any pakistani to prove me wrong :lol:

regarding russia-pakistan relations..:rofl:...u need russia..they dont need u ..;)
coz u r searching for another master ;)

read my earlier post..it will get farts from u :lol:
i wrote correctly and i challenge any pakistani to prove me wrong :lol:

regarding russia-pakistan relations..:rofl:...u need russia..they dont need u ..;)
coz u r searching for another master ;)

Indian is burning sooooooooo much lol

Yep with Israel its a strategic relationship with Iran it is just a transactional relationship that Indians need Iranian oil

How else India can access Afghanistan and Central Asia? India is dependant on Iran and so it has to maintain a balance. Oil purchases can be called as transactional, but development of port is definitely strategic. I think Iran and West are well on their way to iron out their differences. India may not be left in a position to choose one in future.

How else India can access Afghanistan and Central Asia? India is dependant on Iran and so it has to maintain a balance. Oil purchases can be called as transactional, but development of port is definitely strategic. I think Iran and West are well on their way to iron out their differences. India may not be left in a position to choose one in future.

i hear what you have to say mate. But I cant see Iranians being in favour of the type of role envisaged by Americans for India in Afghanistan. In fact it was clear at the regional conference about Afghanistan in Turkey that China Iran Russia along with Pakistan didnt agree.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom