What's new

Pakistani Hindus | All Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a mature comment buddy.....its people like you who bring bad name to your country and other Pakistanis living in other countries.

Whether they be Muslims or Hindus anyone that leaves for India are to be considered traitors, and are loyal to no one.

First i think Pakistani gov should bring out a minimum age for marriage law...that will help a lot in combating these type of issues..

Young children (14-15 yr old kids) are susceptible to threats and brain washing...gov should bring out a law saying that if a girl less than age of 18 yrs is married willingly or unwillingly, bridegroom and his family will be arrested...

Hindu ‘exodus’ from Pak? Report leaves pilgrims in lurch

A sensational media report in Pakistan claiming that some 60 persecuted Hindu families were intending to emigrate to India under the guise of a pilgrimage has set off a possible diplomatic standoff between the two countries – and left the pilgrims in the lurch.

The Express Tribune reported on Thursday that the 60 Hindu families from Balochistan and Sindh provinces had “decided to migrate to India” amid increasing cases of violence and lack of security for their community.

The report noted that some 200-250 members of the 60 families were intending to travel to India on a pilgrimage on a 30-day visa, issued by the Indian High Commission in Islamabad, but that many of them were intending to seek asylum in India on grounds of religious persecution in Pakistan.

A member of the Hindu community observes Ganesh Chaturthi at Karachi In Pakistan. Reuters
Quoting neighbours in the families’ hometowns, Tribune reported that the families had sold off all their land and other holdings with the intention of leaving Pakistan for good since they were unable to put up with instances of religious persecution, including the abduction of Hindu girls and their forced conversion to Islam.

The sensational report was denied by Hindu leaders, who claimed that the families were merely going on a piligrimage and would return to Pakistan. And Indian High Commission sources in Islamabad claimed they had no information on any such exodus. But by then, Pakistani officials had their antennae up for a “conspiracy” and have begun an investigation.

When some 100 of the pilgrims arrived at 7 am on Friday at the Wagah border between the two countries, they were stopped from crossing over by Pakistani immigration authorities on the ground that the piligrims’ progress had not been properly cleared.

The incident has the potential to snowball into a diplomatic standoff between the two countries. Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik had earlier suggested that reports of the pilgrims’ exodus to India were part of a “propaganda” effort to defame Pakistan. In any case, he said the Indian High Commission had been asked to explain it had issued visas to 250 Hindu citizens of Pakistan.

While the circumstances of this case await clarification, the incident has sharpened the focus on the continuing persecution – and forced coversion – of Hindus in Sindh and Balochistan.

The case of Rinkle Kumari, a 19-year-old girl in Sindh who was abducted, converted to Islam and forcibly married to a local Muslim strongman Naveed Shah recently sent shock waves through the Hindu community in Pakistan. In Rinkle’s case, when her family approached the police, the latter refused to record an FIR. When Rinkle was subsequently produced in court, and insisted on being returned to her family, the judged instead illegally sent her to police custody. (More on that case here.)

More recently, Manisha Kumari, a 14-year-old Hindu girl was kidnapped from Jacobabad in Sindh province; 11 Hindu traders from Balochistan and Sindh provinces had been kidnapped in recent months, according to Hindu community leaders. (More here.)

It is in this context of continuing religious persection, and the failure of the policy and the courts to defend the religious minorities, that the reports of the exodus gained traction.

Pakistani media reports quoted the Hindu panchayat president in Jacobabad, Baboo Mahesh Lakhani, as saying that the forced conversions and the appalling state of law and order in Sindh had rendered it “intolerable” for them to continue.

Other Hindu leaders reportedly said that dozens of families were migrating to India every month, largely because the law and order situation had deteriorated so badly, and they could no longer afford to pay the extortion money that kidnappers demanded.

Pakistani politicians, however, have given a different spin to these reports of forced abductions and conversions. Sindh minister Mukesh Kumar Chawla was quoted as saying that such reports of migration were exaggerated. “If a Hindu girl elopes with a Muslim boy of her free will, what can we do?” he said.

It’s difficult to make sense of the facts in the immediate case – and confirm if the Hindu families are indeed intending to migrate to India for good or are merely coming for a pilgrimage. But irrespective of that, the underlying sense of tension among the Hindu community in Pakistan is undeniably true.

For now, however, the pilgrims stranded at Wagah appear to have been caught in the crossfires of a diplomatic tug-of-war. Whichever way it gets sorted out, the prospects for Hindu families in Pakistan to travel across to India on
pilgrimages may be weakened as a result of this episode.

---------------------------------------

shame on india for granting pilgrimage visas for their own purpose, the pakistani hindus intended to travel holy sites in india now face uncertainity of their pilgrimage, indian media should stop this propaganda and let them make a peaceful pilgrimage rather scoring points and troubling the pilgrims

we also welcomed you when your sikhs visited out holy sites and welcomed them with hospitality, stop showing your small hearts

I hope Mods can make stick of this Issue or If there already is the Sticky then move all the threads related to this topic there...

Convert Hindu girl seeks court protection

SUKKUR: Another case of a Hindu girl converting to Islam has surfaced as she and her husband approached a court seeking safety after receiving threats from the girl's family.

The girl, Manisha, embraced Islam and married Ghulam Mustafa of Jacobabad after moving to Amroth Sharif on August 6. She also changed her name to Mahwish. The relationship that started with friendship on phone culminated in the girl's conversion to Islam and the subsequent marriage.

The incident coincided with the purported migration of Sindh's Hindu families to India on the pretext of poor law and order.

The couple approached the Sindh High Court's Sukkur Bench and sought protection. Manisha's father, Rivat Mall, alleged that his daughter was kidnapped and forced to embrace Islam.

End.

-------------------

another propaganda busted

I don't understand why they didn't move to India in 47 when they had a chance? Why wait for the obvious to happen and then come running?

I should not be saying this but they really need to understand that all the eyewash that was told to them was a bogus. At least living 60 years in Pakistan should have taught them.

My sympathies with them.

Dont come crying to me when one day early in the morning THE SUN RISES FROM THE OPPOSITE PLACE :O :O :O

you(r)(talk) and all the religions just like your profile picture that has no proper shape??? what if the sun raises at the opposite side,?.... you think god is doing that,,,,there is no god....all are made up by some old fools and now we're fighting each other other this disgusting thing,,,,...do you guys think about us as a Human? no..you look at us hindu and keep your hate at the edge of a sword, and the happens with the india thinking you as mulim, not as human......and now tell me who created all these things, where is your god in all these?...if there's a God:bunny: He is a Big *****

Girl is minor even if one follow pakistani law.I wonder whats wrong with pakistani court the man and the molvi should hev been in jail for kidnapping and rape non-bailable rape charges.Or is it that pakistani courts have started following shariah whenever it suits them?

Anyway, what is the age of the this guy who married the child

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3299077 said:
you hard work has gone to dust :rolleyes:
Thats what you think......let me share with you some wisdom....

माटी कहे कुम्हार से तू क्या रौंदे मोय
एक दिन ऐसा आएगा मैं रौंदूंगी तोय

Maati kahe kumhar se,
tu kya raunde moye
Ek din aisa aayega,
main raundoongi toye

Earth says to the potter
you think you knead me
One day soon you'll see
I'll knead you easily
Dont worry i've not yet started there.but soon will be.And no hardwork goes in vain.Rather it gets rewarded.

Interesting that stateless Arab freebooters are presuming to decide who is traitor or patriot in our Dharmic lands, instead of hotfooting back to their deserts!

That's a mature comment buddy.....its people like you who bring bad name to your country and other Pakistanis living in other countries.

Primitive parasite freebooters need to be kicked out from the subcontinent.

Each last one of them!

Sometimes one used to feel sympathy for all the tear-jerkers the primitive spouted.

Now it seems he deserved it all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom