What's new

Pakistani govt is Bankrupt

well, its again upto you to decide whom to follow, China ofcourse is a great example, but if you see, Pakistan has more commonality with India than Pakistan...because you are today struggling as we did earlier ..so its like starting from scratch.

about the problems ( the bolded part), I will just say, you have no idea how difficult it is to have a population as India's...if you gain the market, you also have the respnsibility to develop their status
(the poor) at the same rate as the overall...and we have /had millions of them...like you cant ignore them in a bid to build sky scrapers....why do you think inspite of this super economy growth rate, very lilltle development is happening in the departments like food and poverty ??

on another point - bombings definitely creates a bad environment...this bad environment makes it low investment..and this is where the Govt policies come in...dont want to go further how the govt policies can curb the problem...we have discussed a lot on this on another thread..on another note, the govt can also shift focus on development issues instead of issues which are not important at the moment..which again I would not like to mention.

Well Pakistan's current economy does have to do with bad govt decisions, but my main point is external factors have also played a part too. India has growing pretty fast and thats good and Pakistan's economy has slumped in the past years, but again nothing lasts forever so lets see what happens in the future. Theres nothing wrong with taking ideas from india, but to totally follow its model is something I wouldn't agree with.

Well Pakistan's current economy does have to do with bad govt decisions, but my main point is external factors have also played a part too. India has growing pretty fast and thats good and Pakistan's economy has slumped in the past years, but again nothing lasts forever so lets see what happens in the future. Theres nothing wrong with taking ideas from india, but to totally follow its model is something I wouldn't agree with.
absolutely disagree, govt policy defines the future of a country. i think u should look frm the boarder perspective. u should also taken education policy, foreign policy, monetary policy, fiscal policy, internal and law order policies. apart from floods all the other is due to government policies. look USA fed the taliban and they got the taste in 2001 after 15 years, similarly for paksitan. in 1970 china started the liberalization and now they are getting beniffited. so today's problem may be bcoz of 20 yrs back polices.

thats right, nothing lasts forever so perhaps, Pakistan's struggle wont last forever as well..hope it gets better..take ideas from whoever you think is perfect..not necessarily India...a stable Pakistan is also in India's interest.:tup:

absolutely disagree, govt policy defines the future of a country. i think u should look frm the boarder perspective. u should also taken education policy, foreign policy, monetary policy, fiscal policy, internal and law order policies. apart from floods all the other is due to government policies. look USA fed the taliban and they got the taste in 2001 after 15 years, similarly for paksitan. in 1970 china started the liberalization and now they are getting beniffited. so today's problem may be bcoz of 20 yrs back polices.

Pakistan's growth fell sharply in 2008-09, and while IMF has projected an improvement in 2010-11, the structure of the economy suggests achieving this will be an uphill task.

Manufacturing is down to a two-year low and GDP is largely driven by agriculture - the contribution of the manufacturing sector was negative in 2008-09 and 2009-10.

Credit to the private sector is down 5 per cent as compared to a year ago; investment-to-GDP ratios are a low 19 per cent; and current account deficit could be around 4 per cent of GDP.

Inflation is running at 13.26 per cent, foreign investment is down from $5 billion in 2007-08 to $3.5 billion in 2008-09 to $2.5 billion in 2009-10, the list of negatives goes on.

This decline in economic performance comes after five years of good performance during the Musharraf years. Musharraf inherited an ailing economy with less than $1 billion in foreign reserves; debt was 82 per cent of GDP; and 35 per cent of government revenues went towards debt servicing.

Economic sanctions implemented in the wake of Pakistani nuclear tests conducted in 1998 had hurt too. Musharraf turned things around and economic reforms were undertaken. In late 1999, he told his people: "The revival of the economy is critical. Our economy is in deep trouble and revolutionary steps are needed to put it back on track."

He introduced austerity measures, increased accountability and rebuilt investor confidence in Pakistan. By allying itself with the US post 9/11, Pakistan under Musharraf was able to end the nuclear sanctions against it and increase the flow of money into the country.

In the three years preceding 9/11, Pakistan received $9 million dollars in aid from the US; in the three years post 9/11, this number climbed to $4.8 billion.

Good economics and good relations with India helped Musharraf deliver an average growth rate of close to 6 per cent during his six years in office. After Musharraf, Pakistan has suffered from a protracted decrease in investments in civil society. The private sector remains almost non-existent.

Exponential population growth puts pressure on power and water sources, while the high rates of inflation make everyday living harder for the average Pakistani citizen. Furthermore, Pakistan is highly dependent on remittances which are an unstable form of revenue.

The Main main reason for Pakistan's continued economic decline is the absence of a clear cut financial policy which is mainly due to the fact the the policy makers do not have adequate knowledge on how to operate a national economy. They are short sighted and do not take many factors into account when changing key market regulators. The problem always start on top and then trickles down. Having a solid Financial and economic plan is key for any economy to grow, that is why the Government is the deciding factor for a country.

thats right, nothing lasts forever so perhaps, Pakistan's struggle wont last forever as well..hope it gets better..take ideas from whoever you think is perfect..not necessarily India...a stable Pakistan is also in India's interest.:tup:

Thanks and yes I hope that both India and Pakistan both become stable and developed. They both have the potential to become great countries.

I know, I already said that the gov't policies and the govt in general is responsible for the state of the economy.

We can never be bankrupt as many indians trolls here have suggested and gloated, we have it all our pride our passion, our faith , we the poor and bankrupt have througout history survived and became masters and those who say look east should look back in to history and see who was rich and master and who was a servant.

Man these indian trolls always crowd in the topics (in the economic forum) where the news is not-so-good for Pakistan. But when there is some good news, there are little to none of those guys there.

So much for indians not being obsessed with Pakistan. I knew that was utter BS, but this proves it.

we talk about reality we are called trolls and do u know ostrich ................. all we suggest is don't act like a ostrich closing ur eye ears and donot hide ur head in the ground called "blind patriotism" not so long india and china was in the same situation but they came out of it just because they accept the reality and analyzed what is wrong and write and acted upon it well if u want to act like a ostrich be my guest but if ur really patriotic u will always find a way to develop ur country.............

We can never be bankrupt as many indians trolls here have suggested and gloated, we have it all our pride our passion, our faith , we the poor and bankrupt have througout history survived and became masters and those who say look east should look back in to history and see who was rich and master and who was a servant.

Please yaar dont be so hard on yourself .... take it easy

Man these indian trolls always crowd in the topics (in the economic forum) where the news is not-so-good for Pakistan. But when there is some good news, there are little to none of those guys there.

So much for indians not being obsessed with Pakistan. I knew that was utter BS, but this proves it.

Cmo'n man you are better than that ..discuss the news and not the ppl!!!

Indians did not open this thread.

To all Indian members: Just leave it. I don't think its possible to have a fruitful discussion here. Some members from both sides will be there to ensure it becomes a flame war.

No reason for us to advise them on how to run their economy, or tell them who to follow. Whether its growth, recession or bankruptcy, its their business. We have our own millions of poor to worry about.

Pakistan is a Failed State
Pakistan is going to disintegrate
Pakistan is the most dangerous place on earth
Pakistan the home of Terror.....

Just one more headline to add to the pile....

Last night saw a program " sawal yeh hai " from Ary.

Chairman of senate fiance committee told the viewers that Pakistan debt is 60 percent higher then its GDP. Which was not challenge by govt officials in program.
Every year 226 billion rupees suck by four elephants, Railway,PIA,Steel mill and 5 more govt sectors. Where PPP govt is still highering their JIALAS in these govt institution, even these sector can easily be bring in green zone out of red.
IMF loan money is just sitting in SBP.

To remind u all people, when musharrf left, debt was 27% of GDP.:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom