What's new

Pakistan wil not accept foreign pressure on Iran gas pipeline project: Khar

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan will not accept foreign pressure on Iran gas pipeline project: Khar | The Nation

pakistan-rejects-foreign-pressure-on-iran-pakistan-gas-pipeline-project-1330610206-6723.jpg

Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar Tuesday rejecting any foreign pressure against Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project, said it was in Pakistan’s national interest to acquire energy from wherever it was available. “We cannot afford to be selective,” the Foreign Minister told a press conference at the Foreign Office, adding that no decision in this regard would be taken against the national interests. She said the country was facing a real energy crisis and stressed the need to address its energy needs at the earliest. The Foreign Minister said the relations with the United States, NATO and ISAF would be promoted on the basis of mutual self-respect and in line with the policy devised by Pakistan’s parliament. She said the parliamentary committee on foreign policy would finalize the recommendations by the second week of this month.

I hope India and Pakistan can negotiate a satisfactory agreement and India can get back on board for the IPI pipeline.
sorry borther we can not do that right now or for the near future until tensions between the stake holders reduce.
if we do that it becomes like telling the world that we are the same as the rest of the oppertunistic people who forge alliance saying that your enemies enemy is my friend.
Its not in our ethics to do so. Lets us Chabar port for our oil imports from Iran for now and think about IPI when tensions ease out between US, Isreal and Iran.

Okay! Great news Pakistan should complete this pipeline with Iran at all cost as soon as possible....and middle finger to US/Israel hegemony......:smokin:

I hope India and Pakistan can negotiate a satisfactory agreement and India can get back on board for the IPI pipeline.

This wont work ,in times of war ,.... only good on paper not in practice !!!

All dram now I don't belive anything what this current goverment say......all drama and full of bs.....

Well, if Pakistan "cannot afford to be selective” then let Pakistan slurp Iran's oil rather than consume American dollars. That way Pakistanis will know that Pakistan has been "selective" in its choices.

Good move & it was xpected.......

Its our intrests & we know whts is good for us...or else US should fulfil our energy need.....even in tht case we cannt go against our neibour...8)

sorry borther we can not do that right now or for the near future until tensions between the stake holders reduce.
if we do that it becomes like telling the world that we are the same as the rest of the oppertunistic people who forge alliance saying that your enemies enemy is my friend.
Its not in our ethics to do so. Lets us Chabar port for our oil imports from Iran for now and think about IPI when tensions ease out between US, Isreal and Iran.

I'm so sorry but it means you're not independent and you need the USA's permission to make your policy .ethic doesn't mean you gotta support your alliances it means you gotta support truth .

I'm so sorry but it means you're not independent and you need the USA's permission to make your policy .ethic doesn't mean you gotta support your alliances it means you gotta support truth .
Not really,, IPI will go through pakistan. Having pakistani role in our strategic needs can be a big big blunder. Suspicions on pakistan are more than enough for us to pull out of IPI, american reactions are secondary.

Well, if Pakistan "cannot afford to be selective” then let Pakistan slurp Iran's oil rather than consume American dollars. That way Pakistanis will know that Pakistan has been "selective" in its choices.

......and they would pull their middle finger in the face of the US , am i right?

Back
Top Bottom