What's new

Pakistan to train Afghan military officials

Hmmm ... not sure about donation, but offering the JF-17 for sale to Afghanistan in a primarily A2G configuration for use against insurgents/terrorists would not be a bad idea at all. The JF-17 is after all one of the most affordable aircraft in the international market and great value for the money in terms of capabilities, especially the limited use Afghanistan will be looking at.

It would be a high profile sale and project Pakistan in a positive light.

This will of course help us in expanding market, and also defense cooperation would result in better ties!!

When other side is not happy about something then why do you want to extend the hand of friendship and it is clear that other side will bite that hand of friendship!This is something i never understand about Pakistanis.All that brotherly love etc is just bs for books.In Real world there is no such thing.

When other side is not happy about something then why do you want to extend the hand of friendship and it is clear that other side will bite that hand of friendship!This is something i never understand about Pakistanis.All that brotherly love etc is just bs for books.In Real world there is no such thing.

You have to learn a lot in life and in diplomacy. Long term goals means sacrificing short term goals.

Fashion Brands in Afghanistan - Are you kidding me!

Well yeah, the same was my expression when i came to know about this. Back in 2007-08 i was looking for starting a multi-brand fashion store in Qatar and my target was to bring casual clothing and footwear brands from Pakistan. When i contacted the brands and inquired many had their branches in Kabul.

On your previous post about Western Media and their hypocrisy, well for that we shouldn't care much, they've been doing this from past 6 decades nothing new.

We should care for our geographical location and our ties with our neighbors(which are not good except China). If we start equipping Afghan military and on other hand if we provide them training then it will be a win win, both financially and diplomatically!!

Just my two dirhams, if it happens..

Agno even at that price they can't pay.They don't even have a air force.I don't think a country with just 10 Billion GDP can buy even a single squad of Jf-17.

Well we could look at donating a couple of AC when production is at full steam, and since NATO is funding Afghan purchases of Russian helicopters and other equipment, perhaps they can be convinced to fund the purchase of a squadron of JF-17's as well.

In that light, donating a couple of JF-17 to the Afghan AF would not be a bad move to both build bridges with the Afghan military and people, and also expose them to the technology so that if they do shop for AC, the JF-17 is on the list.

do pakistanis like to be back stabbed? it seem like pakistanis are asking to be backstabbed

we have presented them with the choice to either cooperate and also accept our goodwill, OR backstab us!

let's see how things transpire during this very critical period. The ambassador should also be more frank and loud-spoken on the issue of Afghanistan soil being used by certain nearby irritants to carry out attacks against Pakistan Nation.

those hands need to be severed with a sharp sword

Well we could look at donating a couple of AC when production is at full steam, and since NATO is funding Afghan purchases of Russian helicopters and other equipment, perhaps they can be convinced to fund the purchase of a squadron of JF-17's as well.

In that light, donating a couple of JF-17 to the Afghan AF would not be a bad move to both build bridges with the Afghan military and people, and also expose them to the technology so that if they do shop for AC, the JF-17 is on the list.

i dont think it's a priority right now to begin arming them to prepare for air war; it isn't in their interests at all. They do need more choppers; perhaps we can provide recce UAVs for border patrolling, as long as they remain within their airspace

when Afghanistan Inshallah stablizes, which is something we're all desperately praying for, I can see Pakistan and China playing a role in helping Afghanistan meet its defence needs. Suffice to say, when they open a tender for some military aircrafts we should definately line up as we have the best cost-effective solution for them, along with the trainers. For now, for better or for worse, they have the Americans/ISAF!!

on a side note, I read somewhere that Pres. Karzai has ordered all ''security contractors'' to vacate the country by 4 months.

what corruption?
the main cause of corruption are foregn nationals them selves.
now ISAF is getting defeat and all blame is going to Afghans
Exactly! I thought no Pakistani might ever agree with me but Afghanistan is more corrupt thanks to the foreign nationals in Afghanistan rather than Afghans themselves. I have seen foreigners in Afghanistan with amazing houses, amazing cars and amazing loads of money! Of course, even Afghans themselves commit fraud, no doubt in that. But they don't steal even half of the money the foreigners are and honestly speaking, I can't blame the foreigners either because who cares about the well being of a country alien to them? But yes, unfortunately, the blame of corruption indeed is put on Afghan population as a whole.

Pahtun genocide in North then discrimination with pashtun majority forced Afghan Pashtuns to join Taliban.
Thats history my friend. Many Pashtuns have returned to the north again without being troubled or harassed by the northerners. And I cant blame the northerners either because during Taliban regime it were THEM suffering because of Taliban extremism.

how many people in here have studied our history and see how much non pashtoons have suffered from the injustices of pashtoon rulers(nothing to do with common pashtoon man) in the past especially last 10-12 decades? has anybody even bothered to know why pashtoons ended up in the north while that is not their tradtional territory?
Dont forget that even non-Pashtuns had their fair play of the share. What do you think made Pashtuns move to the north to keep an eye on the non-Pashtuns? The Hazaras had betrayed Afghanistan big time when they were playing British spies, as one of it's results became losing Pakhtunkhwa to British India which now is a part of Pakistan. Even Heratis werent trusted because of their closeness to Iran, and ofcourse the invasion of the Uzbeks. All ethnics were POLITICALLY equally responsible, but it indeed is sad our normal civilians are still suffering from our politicians' deeds.

The question of worry is , the Afghan army does not have any Pushtun ethinic recruit in it. The afghan army is consisting of non-Pushtun mostly the clans who were against the well being of PAKISTAN in the past and were deadly supporters of Ahmad Shah Masood.
But wasn't it Pakistani government who once used to support Ahmad Shah Massood? For Pakistan it doesn't matter whether the army is Tajik dominated or Pashtun dominated, because Pashtuns cant let go of Durrand line issue and Tajiks cant let go of ''betrayal'' on Ahmad Shah Massood and Taliban's acts in the north. If still, regardless, Pakistan wants to have an friendly relationship then even Afghans should drop their stubbornness and be the past be just that, past.

Fashion Brands in Afghanistan - Are you kidding me!
Yup, you will be surprised that even a warthorn country like ours has got fashionable stuff to the extend that Shahre Naw in Kabul is full of Pakistani and Indian shoppers. No joke. And regarding your thoughts of Pakistan and Afghanistan start being alien to each other, since Pakistani government in the past made sure it wants to interfere to the extend of Taliban, now they know that it will be madness for them to back off because ignoring isnt the solutions. Though, I wish your government had your thinking decades ago.......

Pakistan ready to train Afghan army, police - GEO.tv

ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi Wednesday said Pakistan and Afghanistan have come alive to the realization that the two countries are inevitable for each other.

Addressing a joint press conference here after holding bilateral talks at Foreign Office, Shah Mehmood Qureshi and his Bulgarian counterpart Nickolay Evtimov Mladenov said Pakistan and Bulgaria decided to expand and strengthen their bilateral relations in various fields including defence, economy, trade and culture.

Shah Mehmood Qureshi said both the countries have decided to expand political consultations and their next round will be held this year.

Qureshi said both the countries would sign an agreement Thursday to promote economic ties and expand bilateral trade and investment. He said both the countries have also decided to establish linkages between their universities.

The FM said Pakistan is geared up to train Afghan National Army and police, as the relations between the two countries improved during the last some years.

The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov giving details of the talks said that his country appreciates Pakistan role in the fight against terrorism.

He said Bulgaria has rich experience in generating coal energy and can share its experience with Pakistan to overcome energy crisis.

Bulgarian Foreign Minister said his country fully supports Pakistan in European Union to get trade concessions and improve its economy.

Replying to a question both the Foreign Ministers said that Pakistan and Bulgaria are supportive of reconciliation process in Afghanistan to bring normalcy there but it should be led by the Afghans themselves.

Answering a question Shah Mehmood Qureshi said: "Pakistan and Afghanistan are developing their relations at all levels and there is a qualitative change at military and political levels during the past few years."

Responding a question regarding resumption of Pak-India dialogue, Qureshi said, "Pakistan wants to have productive and constructive dialogue with India to resolve all outstanding issues including Kashmir."

He said there is growing realization in India that Kashmir movement is indigenous and it should be resolved through political ways.

Replying to a question, the Bulgarian Foreign Minister said the international community must take collective stand against radicalism and there should be religious harmony all over the world to fight these elements.

Afghanis are our neighbours and brothers, so it is good that we train them, so they can have peace and control in their country.

Ding, Ding, Ding... Excellent! Actually this also shows that Karzai is increasingly becoming bolder by the day when it comes to showing uncle sam the finger.
You got this wrong. He is a proven puppet of Americans. He is being given some flexibility by his American masters to issue some statements that may help his image in his country. Try to understand the bigger picture. :)

First he pushed forward the talks with the Taliban despite US advice, then he held the Jirga and now this... Its also interesting that the US have recently decreased the aid to Afghanistan citing "Corruption"...
And those talks resulted in such an embarrasment that CIA and MI6 started blaming each other for such a stupid move and listening to the Afghan clown.

Very interesting showdown.
It is not a showdown. Karzai knows that he wont last after US forces leave Afghanistan. He continues to stay in power despite evidences of corruption in his regime.

Karzai is in Russia right now --inking defence and other deals with the same people who helped destroy his country and kill his people

uncle sam (his guardian and protector) is quite perturbed.....200,000 kalashnikovs have been donated to Afghan ministry of interior, I sure hope those arms wont be used against any of our own.

Oh...puhleez spare me of this religious crap....

be mindful while writing about other faiths.. its not crap what he said is a fact.. Hajj is one occusion that combines all Muslims from differnt nationalities under one banner and all differences are forgotten. just because your faith doesnt follow something similar doesnt make Hajj a religious crap.

Thats the bloody problem...the whole brotherhood thing is based on political benefits that the brotherhood can reap.....and thats why it falters...and does not work...so it does not exist.

yet again you suffer from arrogant ignorance.. you are not even qualified to pass judgement on the very essence of this faith that was advocated to bring all people of different ethnicities, races, cultures, color etc as one unit. there was no political milage to be gained as you put it... when these guidelines were spelled out in His last sermon at the time of Hajj, the Prophet Muhammad PBUH emphasised on the spiritual aspect and closeness to God..

our civic & moral responsibilites towards other humanbeings are a part of religion, making them even more compulsory and this is anything but "Crap"

as you know everything works both ways.. people can decide to talk about Hindu Dieties and their stories in light of what the higher caste hindus did & do to Dalits & other nonhindus, Maybe you wont but some other Hindus wont appriciate it.

please spare us from your derogatory remarks in the future. just because you have seen some jihadi videos along with few bad examples of Mullahs from intolerent sect doesnt make you an expert to pass judgement about our faith.

kind regards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom