What's new

Pakistan to overtake Britain as world's fifth largest nuclear power

cross posting......

Nuclear parity or economics? | | DAWN.COM
As to the question of who has the fastest-growing plutonium-based programme in South Asia and why, the IPFM report says that India`s Dhruva produces 17.8kg and CIRUS reactor used to produce 7.1kg of weapon-grade plutonium every year. India has produced 630kg to date.The Tarapur reprocessing plant has replaced CIRUS and has a 100-ton annual fuel reprocessing capacity. Besides this India can also get 95kg of weapon-grade plutonium — 13 warheads — every year from its eight power reactors that the International Atomic Energy Agency cannot watch.It is estimated that Pakistan can produce somewhere between 7kg to 9kg plutonium per year from its existing Khushab reactors, which equals two warheads a year. The upcoming reactors will have similar production capacity once they are fully operative by 2014-2015. Pakistan is believed to have produced up to 100kg weapon-grade plutonium since 1998. This simplified comparison shows that the Indian giant will starve on what is a surfeit for the Pakistani dwarf.
This para is of utmost important.Its quite certain that india has been fueling nuclear arms race in south asia and world NSG make noise about only pakistan for their own strategic interests and keep mum about india.Pakistan is with in its right needs to expand its nuclear facilities just to protect itself from indian nuke blackmail.

cross posting......

Nuclear parity or economics? | | DAWN.COM
This para is of utmost important.Its quite certain that india has been fueling nuclear arms race in south asia and world NSG make noise about only pakistan for their own strategic interests and keep mum about india.Pakistan is with in its right needs to expand its nuclear facilities just to protect itself from indian nuke blackmail.

110% agree with you!

india is not fueling arms race it has to protect itself against aggressive nations like china and pakistan and having more than indias nuclear arsenal means that pakistan is doing aggressive expansion

Pakistan showed they had nuclear weapons after their display three years ago (left) though President Asif Ali Zardari could face questions as to how the country can afford to keep investing in weapons

Read more: Pakistan to overtake Britain as world's fifth largest nuclear power | Mail Online

This article can't basic things right... three years ago? How can it comment upon a tightly guided secret about Pakistani nuclear weapons?

Basically I've been hearing about 100 Pakistani nukes since the 2001, 2002 stand off with India. It's a nice random arbitrary number for any so called "expert" to blab out.

First of all.. Let me make very clear to all the Pakistanis who are chest thumping...
It doesnt matter if any1 has 60 or 100 nuclear bombs...

If u drop more than 15 nuclear bombs on india or vice versa(current india-pakistan capability)..the other country will not need to retaliate..the effects of that nuclear explosions will be enough to cause nuclear winter in the whole of northern hemisphere..

and even if nuclear winter does not happen,..the resultant climatic changes will result in complete destruction of this planet...

Got me thinking, how could India respond, if Pakistan were to nuke India.

Guess we will use our aircraft carrior to strike Pakistan back, just the importance of having one and inducting our new submarines asap.

Lets hope India start increasing her nuclear capability with this news.

There is no need for that.We have enough capability to obliterate Pakistan in a single blow ( no offence intended ).We need to concentrate on developing our anti - missile systems and nuclear submarines.Nuke subs are like the second line of defence.Once we have them ready , our enemies who ever they are will have to think a million times before making the grave mistake of pressing the red button.:)

So you think that it is possible for Pakistan to separate the destruction of Indian military facilities from their cities? Even in a country as large as India that will be difficult. Anyway, some installations, such as naval bases, tend to be co-located with major ports. I am afraid it is just naive to think you could keep a nuclear war limited in this way; whichever side tries it will be faced with an opposing government under huge political and public pressure to escalate to a counter-city strategy. The more likely this scenario becomes then the greater the incentive for both sides to deploy large numbers of fusion weapons.

I was only talking about the intended strategy. Ofcourse, I agree that no nuclear war can be constrained.
The fusion part is a bit scary. Fission was bad enough for the world as a whole and then someone had to go further and get into Fusion. Even more death and destruction with just one bomb.

First of all.. Let me make very clear to all the Pakistanis who are chest thumping...
It doesnt matter if any1 has 60 or 100 nuclear bombs...

If u drop more than 15 nuclear bombs on india or vice versa(current india-pakistan capability)..the other country will not need to retaliate..the effects of that nuclear explosions will be enough to cause nuclear winter in the whole of northern hemisphere..

and even if nuclear winter does not happen,..the resultant climatic changes will result in complete destruction of this planet...

Don't see that happening with our payloads. That theory applies to larger nukes such as those in the possession of US, Russia and China.

May God give some sense to our neibour india to live peacefully with Pakistan and all neibours so that pakistan and indian govts can use its resources on common ppls instead on making weopons

To my thinking, these kinds of reports are designed to "build up" with a view to "tearing down"- Pakistanis should exercise caution.

Before saying anything.
I am just discussing the different possible scenarios ( there could be more ) that does not mean I believe its bound to happen its means if this happens, so before giving any stupid comment keep that in mind

Answer to the Question "Why Pakistan need so many Nukes"

a) There are rumors spread by our enemies that our nukes are not safe just to keep pressure to denuclearise us one day.
b) Right now according to most of the people India is the only enemy what if someday any other some other country attack us from one front and India thinking of it good opportunity attacks from another front.
c) What if the world war 3 scenario arises ?
d) Israel want no muslim country to be strong enough to be threat for them ( Example of Iraq nuke facility destruction )
same was the plan with Pakistan nuclear facility and same is the current plan against Iran.

We need large number of nukes so that we can spread it to different locations if some of them got destroyed by enemy we could have response to that because no can destroy a whole country (every location) once and for all.

Another aspect that we have a lot of stockpile that it becomes almost impossible to de-nuclearise us.
and those who think we donot have delivery system they can also be developed with the passage of time as right now there are rumors but who knows it can be brought to reality.

Back
Top Bottom