What's new

Pakistan to overtake Britain as world's fifth largest nuclear power

so funny,
india using the nuclear energy for power and pakistan for>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

AAB NUKES KI BHI DALALI HONE LAGI !!!!

kya baat kar rahe ho mere bhai? pehle nahi hua tha? NK, Iran aur libya ke saath technology ke dalali nahin hui thi? fark sirf itna hoga ke ab straight from the showroom milega in fully finished condition!!:p:D

kya baat kar rahe ho mere bhai? pehle nahi hua tha? NK, Iran aur libya ke saath technology ke dalali nahin hui thi? fark sirf itna hoga ke ab straight from the showroom milega in fully finished condition!! QUOTE]

CHALO KAM SE KAM , hum logo BACHE hue hai .....

Allha, bhagwan , wahe guru, aur EEUS ji ka lakh lakh sukaar hai ki hum haram ki kamiee nahi kha rahe hai... na kahege....

Like i said, i feel that Pakistan will not attack civilian centres, but focus primarily on military installations. Pakistan is already working on second-strike capabilities, but like the rest of military secrets, there is no clear picture here.

So you think that it is possible for Pakistan to separate the destruction of Indian military facilities from their cities? Even in a country as large as India that will be difficult. Anyway, some installations, such as naval bases, tend to be co-located with major ports. I am afraid it is just naive to think you could keep a nuclear war limited in this way; whichever side tries it will be faced with an opposing government under huge political and public pressure to escalate to a counter-city strategy. The more likely this scenario becomes then the greater the incentive for both sides to deploy large numbers of fusion weapons.

Reading the various posts I am left with a strong feeling that some contributors think this is still the late 19th century and nuclear weapons are just larger conventional ones. War may still be an instrument of national policy, but once you go nuclear the desire for the total destruction of the enemy is likely to take over. Given the difference in the size of populations, India will inevitably fare better. It would therefore be more logical for India to be seeking battlefield and theatre nuclear weapons while Pakistan seeks the ability to deter them through the destruction of Indian cities, but the two countries seem to have their strategies the wrong way round. A fundamental understanding of the dynamics of nuclear strategy seems strangely to be lacking. Herman Kahn, Thomas Schelling and Henry Kissinger all wrote about these issues in the 1950s and 60s; it might be a good idea to dust off some of the old texts before the arms race really gets going.

It seems only bharatis are worried about our investment in our military. And later they claim that they aren't obsessed with Pakistan. Please off with your concerns. We don't care what you think. FYI, we only invest 4% of our GDP on our defence. That's the global average, and that's how much US spends.

please for Gods sake learn and memorize one fact for ever, we bhartiya dont like to be compared with pakistan coz we feel insulted , we dont have a single pro gramme in comparison with pakistan , neither militarily nor economically.

please for Gods sake learn and memorize one fact for ever, we bhartiya dont like to be compared with pakistan coz we feel insulted , we dont have a single pro gramme in comparison with pakistan , neither militarily nor economically.

Good now ask other Indians to stop whining in this thread. Thanks.:)

Where did I say anything about comparing anything relating to bharat to Pakistan?

I see Pakistan going the Soviet Union way - engaging in an arms race without an underlying strong economy and national integrity with a massively stronger "deemed" enemy. We know what that has resulted in.
Pakistanis, wake up, before it is too late.

nukewar

www.nrdc.org

I see Pakistan going the Soviet Union way - engaging in an arms race without an underlying strong economy and national integrity with a massively stronger "deemed" enemy. We know what that has resulted in.
Pakistanis, wake up, before it is too late.

Well they still have some ground to cover to reach there..

In 80s Soviet defence spending had reached 8% of GDP to match US's increase(by Ronald Regan) defence spending.

At that time US economy was approx twice the size of Soviet Economy(as Soviet union had a closed economy it is difficult to compare it to free market economy, but this what most experts agree on)

As of now Indian ecomomy is 8 times the size of Pakistani economy and have defence spending of 2.2% of GDP on defence..So as to maintain..resemblance of parity between the two armed forces.. Pakistan has kept its defence spending at 4.2 % of GDP, which though still considerably lower than 8% danger level.

But there defence spending will increase too, in 5yrs time Indian economy will be 10 times the size of Pakistani economy and consequently Indian defence spending too

Back
Top Bottom