What's new

Pakistan suffers reverses in offensive against militants

"It will be difficult but i am sure we can find some patriotic, adventurous and gutsy reporters willing to accompany the PA..."

You're still not getting it. How about professional, adventurous, and gutsy instead? If you send governmental mouthpieces downrange it just loses credibility.

Send tough, relatively young but experienced reporters who know how to maintain objectivity and not be a mouthpiece for either side.

If you're troops are well-grounded and combat operations are ethically sound, it'll come out and do so in a manner that will be absent the jingoistic patriotism that causes readers to roll their eyes. Plus reporters (at least ours) almost always seem sucked in by the simple honesty and dignity by which young soldiers carry themselves.

It's never our big, fat generals that win the day in any story. It's the TROOPS, man. They always get under your skin...

...in a GOOD way.

God love 'em all. Why do you think that a general's fondest memory nine times out of ten is about when he was a lieutenant or young captain WITH THE TROOPS.

Ain't nothing like it and reporters get sucked in too. Can't help themselves. Trust your men and the reporters can't find fault if they're pros and aren't bringing some axe to grind.

My fear is that your country lacks enough of those professional reporters. Why do I fear such? Because YOU GUYS seem to fear it.

I guess it is about time we see whether our doubts were well founded or not...

I agree with you...professionals need to be sent...by patriotism i meant someone who is willing to report the truth by risking his life for his country since it is Pakistani Journalists I was talking about.

Last edited:
Send tough, relatively young but experienced reporters who know how to maintain objectivity and not be a mouthpiece for either side.

not many!

Im posting this here also since this puts a cork in Saeed Shah's butt , Kotakai is now under the the Armed froces.

Saaed Shah and the likes dont know a ragging line in the army which goes like this.

'No matter how big the balls get they have to remain under the c o c k'

Suck on that you mofo terrorists and terrorist supporters!

Op. Rah-e-Nijat: Security forces take control of Kotkai

Op. Rah-e-Nijat: Security forces take control of Kotkai

I salute you brave men of Pak Army and I pary that Alllah give the rest of Pakistan the same courage , the same dedication and the same patriotism that you have. :pakistan:

Last edited:
In the annals of Military history the capture of KOTKAI will share the space with the Soviet victory in Stalingrad.

Sorry, your sarcastic analysis is gravely wrong & mistaken & uncalled for. :blah::blah::blah:

Try your luck next time on some better sarcastic remarks.

But i guess looking at your pro-takfiri views we will see same kind of pathetic sarcastic remarks :hitwall: from your side, expecting something better out of you would be impossible. :agree:

:wave:

since now the army has NOT suffered any reverses (God Willing) suggest this thread be closed. it has served its purpose.

^^^
Just rename the thread to 'Pakistan on a Winning Spree' - and it can sill serve its useful purpose

In the annals of Military history the capture of KOTKAI will share the space with the Soviet victory in Stalingrad.

By comparing Kotkai to Stalingrad you are impying that Waziristan in somehow a different country ( in your mind ) ?!?!?

Stalingrad was Russian territory attaked by the Germnans to expand their borders , this is not the case here.

Here we have a country taking corrective action to clear out and area that is part of its own terroritry ( allbit infested with vermin ) .

Guys what ever Saeed shah says is total and absolute Bs !! yestarday he wrote to telegraph about how pakistan main secret nuclear air base has been bombed and how the countries nuclear arsenal is not safe and blah and blah i will post the article ..where i was hoping to see a indian or Jewish surname found a A**h** name Saeed shah sayin all this bull crap even knowing the ground reality he was opening rubbing the dust in readers face .. for what ever purpose that suits him .
so i will post the article below and ask the MODs to shut down the this stupid topic plz.

Pakistani Taliban target nuclear air base in wave of bombings
The Pakistani Taliban targeted an air base believed to be one of the country’s secret nuclear weapons facilities on Friday among a wave of suicide bombings that killed at least 25 people across the country.

By Saeed Shah in Islamabad
Published: 3:49PM BST 23 Oct 2009

Security forces survey the site of a suicide bomb attack at the entrance of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex in Kamra Photo: REUTERS
The attack on guard post at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex at Kamra, about 40 miles outside Islamabad, killed eight people and raising fears about the security of the nuclear-armed state’s arsenal.
Officials were quick to deny that the facility, the major research centre for the air force, had links to the nuclear programme. However, Pakistan doesn’t specify which sites are involved in the programme and many independent experts believe that Kamra is a nuclear air base.

Related Articles
US Congress approves new restrictions on Pakistan aid
Pakistani soldiers killed in Taliban drive-by hit
Pakistani Taliban: 'whole country now war zone'
Pakistan shuts all schools and universities
Terrorists launch second wave of 'revenge' attacks in Pakistan
US 'concerned Taliban will snatch Pakistan's nuclear weapons'
Later a bomber struck a bus, which was carrying a wedding party in the Mohmand tribal region close to the Afghan border. Four women and three children were among the 17 people killed. A car bomb then ripped through a hotel in an upmarket residential neighbourhood of Peshawar, capital of the North West Frontier Province, injuring more than a dozen people.
Pakistan’s nuclear sites are tightly guarded. While experts do not think that terrorists could seize an actual nuclear bomb — the weapons are not kept in a useable form, with parts dispersed — it is possible that they could cause a fire or explosion inside a nuclear site, or perhaps seize radioactive material.
The country’s nuclear sites are located mostly in the north west of the country, close to Islamabad, to keep them away from the border with arch-enemy India. But that puts them right in the path of Taliban extremists, who are massed in the north west.
Al-Qaeda has made clear its ambitions to acquire a nuclear bomb or knowledge of nuclear technology and there have been increasingly daring and sophisticated attacks by terrorists allied to Al-Qaeda on some of Pakistan’s most sensitive and best protected installations in recent weeks.
Three suspected nuclear sites have been attacked in the last two years but the bombings have always been played down by the government,
Pakistan is reeling from a wave of violence that has coincided with the preparations and launch of an offensive by the army against the country’s Taliban heartland of South Waziristan

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

^^ what a load of toSH !!

reply to arsalan_tareen:

we talked about this article brifly yesteraday , Kamra has NO nuclear facility. Its the Airforce's Aeronautical complex.

I think we need to have a new thread about 'terror journalists and their role the zionist war'

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom