What's new

Pakistan should recognize Kosovo and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

Should Pakistan recognize Kosovo and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus?

• Total voters
economist-putin-cover.jpg

Pakistan is already in the process of recognising Kosovo. The last known official discussion took place in 2009.

& within 2 years nothing decided or progressive sign:eek:, would you like to explain?

Russia can not be trusted. Russia will support India's interests in the region not Pakistan's. The only two countries that Pakistan can give its 100% support and trust to is China and Turkey. Turkish PM told Pakistan's PM Gilani that he is worried about foreign interference in Pakistan (especially America's interference in Pakistan) and he cares for Pakistan as Pakistan is his second home, Gilani brushed that comment away by saying "nothing bad will happen to Pakistan" so Turkish PM cares more about Pakistan's interests than Paksitani PM Gilani does. Pakistan should support both China and Turkey.

:hitwall: :hitwall::hitwall:

What do you mean by TRUST? there is no trust in international politics. only your interests & benefits decide direction of political games.
That is not written in bible or Rug veedak or in any religious book that Russia has to look for Indian interests.
We have to changed philosophy of good & bad over international relations..
Open new horizons of relations. Try to think for not today or tomorrow but next 50 years.

Relations with turkey is good but not at level which need to solve our own problems in UNSC. You have good ties with one Veto power then why not bring close another Veto power & regional monster? Don't sit on USA & EU, enough for us. Find balance of relations.
Being neutral in this issue, we can by pass many questions and can get what we want.

our relations with Turkiye are time-tested and we should support them as they have always supported our stated standpoints on such pressing issues.

however, we have issues that are even more important and closer to home which need to be addressed

as for Cyprus, we already recognise it as a Turkish Republic

it's been like this for quite some time now

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Their support is well come but we have to think about TRNC very carefully. What about Kosovo then i already stated in my post.

TRNC_relations.png

We have not declare it officially, we have to observe international community over this issue befor any decision, even Azerbaijan reluctant to declare officially as Turkey required from Azerbaijan.

Fear mongering, that's what your doing. US, EU, Australia along with Turkiye have recognized Kosovo. Just because Pakistan recognizes Kosovo doesn't mean Russia is all of a sudden going to become an enemy, do you have any idea what an "enemy" is? Besides Russia isn't going to allow Pakistani recognition of Kosovo to thwart it's relations with Pakistan.

Besides it's not like the Pakistani-Russo relations are golden there just mediocre and diplomatic. Again, your just fear mongering.

So from now on Pakistan shouldn't do things Russia doesn't like? Russia sells weapons and has joint defense agreements and has significant relations with nation(s) hostile to Pakistan; and your worried about upsetting the Russians.... How pathetic.

Countries declared Kosovo

CountriesRecognizingKosovo.png

Look at map, just think again why SCO members, Pakistan, India, south east Asian countries, Major countries of Latin America didn't recognize Kosovo?

In Asia Afghanistan recognized Kosovo under US pressure, more over if Pakistan aiming for SCO member ship then he has to avoid from this issue, if Pakistan go for recognize then Pakistan will enter in SCO only after recognition of Abkhazia & South Ossetia.

Try to make difference in Fear mongering & careful role in regional relations.

Remember we may need more RD-93 in future which we got only by Chines relations with Russia. So why not we will step up toward this technological rich country?
US, EU & Australia will not give you their engines, try if you can.
Russia want joint cooperation with neighbors but US want to scatter.

I was looking for some info on why no other muslim country who're close to Turkey has recognized TRNC, and I guess I shouldn't have bothered. It's true that international politics comes down to your own interests, and it's a sad thing if your politics doesn't reflect your standing as well.

For those of you who may be interested in the history told from TRNC POV are welcome to read this Cyprus Prologue

Pakistan does recognize Turkish Cyprus (TRNC) DeFacto.

There is a TRNC Affairs Office in Islamabad that operates like an Embassy.

I dont see the harm is recognzing TRNC. The Turks have helped us alot! And we should keep our loyalty towards them.

But Kosovo? What have the Albanians/Kosovians done for Pakistan? Nothing at all.(I dont care about their religious beliefs)

This is not about what any Muslim country has done for Pakistan,

It is about Muslim Unity, my friend.

Of course Pakistan should recognize both TRNC and Kosovo.

Only if the people of the country are pan-islamists otherwise if they are Muslim or Christian means nothing to me.

I dont see the harm is recognzing TRNC. The Turks have helped us alot! And we should keep our loyalty towards them.

But Kosovo? What have the Albanians/Kosovians done for Pakistan? Nothing at all.(I dont care about their religious beliefs)
Both should be recognized, Serbians have problem with all muslims, even in serbians forums they abuse each and every muslim nation including Pakistan, while Kosovians have place for Pakistanis in Their heart. Both must be recognized. But I don't know which desease is stoping our establishment to do it, looks like they are still in the effect of opium.

I would support recognition of TRNC followed by Isreal. Kosova, I would hold out and see what other Muslim countries like Turkey do. The Balkans is a Turkish area of influence so I would take cue from Turks and Albanians. Both are Muslim European countries and it's their backyard.

Back
Top Bottom