What's new

Pakistan sets up military base in Swat Valley

So, Pakistan has finally decided and managed to annex this semi-autonomous / semi-independent region.

Wish Nawaz Sharif was still the Prime Minister of Pakistan back in 2002 and this would had been a job done back then. Unfortunately, at that time Pakistan had been occupied by a hopeless and a treacherous army run by thugs that caused countless unnecessary deaths in the country due to their stupid experiments and policies.

Salute to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

So, Pakistan has finally decided and managed to annex this semi-autonomous / semi-independent region.
Wish Nawaz Sharif was still the Prime Minister of Pakistan back in 2002 and this would had been a job done back then. Unfortunately, at that time Pakistan had been occupied by a hopeless and a treacherous army run by thugs that caused countless unnecessary deaths in the country due to their stupid experiments and policies.
Salute to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif

absloutely FUC K all nawaz sharif has done to remove militant hold over Swat , what ever has been achieved in Swat has come from the blood , sweat and tears of Pakistan Army.

they are also going to establish DHA housing schemes in Kalam, Bahrin, Malamjaba etc.

I hope the beauty of these areas will not be destroyed just for making profits, we have already destroyed fertile lands of Punjab and converted them into Housing societies for short term gains and with the pace it's still going, i am afraid we will not be able to feed our population.

absloutely FUC K all nawaz sharif has done to remove militant hold over Swat , what ever has been achieved in Swat has come from the blood , sweat and tears of Pakistan Army.

Let's be honest here, all this sh!t happened because of idiotic decision of Musharaf who decided to become front line state in war of US not Nawaz Sharif.

Okay, maybe a Grand Jirga should help decide it then ! :)

But I still think that a combination of well armed Levies & the FC to back them up should be enough !

I agree. The local police and paramilitary forces should also be strengthened and provided with adequate equipment. Most of them don't even have body armor or proper training, and no offense some of them aren't even physically fit for duty.

As @Leader and a few other members stated, if this military base is to be set up it should be a short distance outside of residential areas so as to not disturb the local livelihood.

Our People from the Tribal Areas would probably never consent to that; they joined Pakistan on the condition of internal autonomy & one aspect of that was their lands would be clear from military presence of such a scale hence why Quaid-e-Azam asked the Army to pull back as soon as he took over !

Can always be renegotiated. Makes alot more sense than negotiating with the bastardos.
Why not ? Shouldn't the People who are going to be directly affected by this development directly be asked whether they think its something that is acceptable to them or not ?

Of course. But half of me would want to say that they lost all claims to the State's promises when they harbored anti state elements in their said lands.

I don't know; most of the interviews & the talk-shows in which MNAs or MPA or other people of note from the Tribal Areas come gives the impression that the perception is that because the Army entered the Tribal Areas this is why this is happening ! :(

I dunno whats the truth !

That is true, for the Tribal areas it started when the army went in there. But the army went in there because it had already started in the rest of the country since long. Apna bacha maray tou pata lagta hai.

Which are also outside cities?
Rawalpindi rha is on the gt road.. Lahore was also outside... Same with Karachi.. They were originally built for retired army people.. But now majority of them houses are occupied by civilians who consider them as some sort of a status symbol etc and pay corores to live there? Again those residential communities generate a lot of profits in shape of taxes etc.. Better for the country?

Also a brigade has 4 units hardly a few thousand soldiers.. And very few officers.. We also have such small cantonments in Zhob,mirali et. How many DHAs have sprung up there?

Yar the army has grabbed a lot of land that never belonged to them, most of the times by willful force. Universities ko bhe nahi chora janab ne.

As @Leader and a few other members stated, if this military base is to be set up it should be a short distance outside of residential areas so as to not disturb the local livelihood.
I'm pretty sure it will be. It serves more in the army's interests than in the interests of the local civilian population.

Last edited:
Seems this COAS is going more tougher on extremist then Kiyani. He is not depending much on politicians.

I hope the beauty of these areas will not be destroyed just for making profits, we have already destroyed fertile lands of Punjab and converted them into Housing societies for short term gains and with the pace it's still going, i am afraid we will not be able to feed our population.

Let's be honest here, all this sh!t happened because of idiotic decision of Musharaf who decided to become front line state in war of US not Nawaz Sharif.

Yes, we have been very poor in terms of planning and keeping the balance. especially in Lahore.

As if we had any other option. Just say no to an angry wolf hell bent upon revenge. Right.

First of all my faith full congratulation our new C.O.A.S GENERAL RAHEEL SHAREEF and all fauji jawans of PAK
ARMY.Here I would like to draw most kind attention of PAK ARMY our beloved country PAKISTAN WORST economical,political,moral and law and order situation.Our all rulers previous and present working on GOD FATHER,S dictation.Due to such dictation we are loosing our DIGNITY,STRENGTH,PROMOTING UN ISLAMIC
VALUES also we are totally forget the most important *KHUTBA E HAJJATUL WIDAH BY OUR HOLY PROPHET
S*A*W*W.The only way to save PAKISTAN must implement the system of our Holy prophet given in KHUTBA
1435 YEARS AGO.Through this message my EARNEST APPEAL TO KIND C.O.A.S share 1/2 hour with this Pakistani who served 42years in P.T.C.L honestly and punctually my record is my witness.I want to share some
kind and long live suggestions for the this ISLAMIC REPUBLIC PAKISTAN.

Salute to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

While I agree with your judgment, but this area is neither semi-autonomous nor semi-independent, it is completely under government control and has been for quite a while, I say this because I grew up there, you are confusing FATA with Swat and Dir, the media and subsequently the masses believe all of the area cleared by the military to be tribals...

While I agree with your judgment, but this area is neither semi-autonomous nor semi-independent, it is completely under government control and has been for quite a while, I say this because I grew up there, you are confusing FATA with Swat and Dir, the media and subsequently the masses believe all of the area cleared by the military to be tribals...

Thanks for clarifying this brother.

We need the military bases as long as we have rampant Pakistani taliban presence in these areas. But local sensitivities should not be compromised and the army have to show and behave very friendly with the locals. Help them anyway they can and use their resources to ease the hardship of the locals and gain their trust. Then see how much help and support the locals will give them.

Thanks for clarifying this brother.

No problem Sir, we are all here to learn, I personally learnt more about Pakistan and the world here on pdf than I ever could have watching the news or reading book or whatever....

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom