What's new

Pakistan sets up military base in Swat Valley

I am surprised this wasn't done long ago,
Good call, It will help the locals the most
they are also going to establish DHA housing schemes in Kalam, Bahrin, Malamjaba etc.
Good Development :)
where ever Cantts are, development follows

they are also going to establish DHA housing schemes in Kalam, Bahrin, Malamjaba etc.
Which are also outside cities?
Rawalpindi rha is on the gt road.. Lahore was also outside... Same with Karachi.. They were originally built for retired army people.. But now majority of them houses are occupied by civilians who consider them as some sort of a status symbol etc and pay corores to live there? Again those residential communities generate a lot of profits in shape of taxes etc.. Better for the country?

Also a brigade has 4 units hardly a few thousand soldiers.. And very few officers.. We also have such small cantonments in Zhob,mirali et. How many DHAs have sprung up there?

Last edited:
Why not ? Shouldn't the People who are going to be directly affected by this development directly be asked whether they think its something that is acceptable to them or not ?

for positive development you dont need to ask

Our People from the Tribal Areas would probably never consent to that; they joined Pakistan on the condition of internal autonomy & one aspect of that was their lands would be clear from military presence of such a scale hence why Quaid-e-Azam asked the Army to pull back as soon as he took over !

Perhaps having to bury their children has changed their minds.

wont be strong.

Army had done alot of development work there. The impact is positive.

Listening to some of the MNAs from FATA & some ex-Civil Servants like Rostam Shah Mohmand, it doesn't appear that the Army enjoys a lot of good-will over there ! :(

Perhaps having to bury their children has changed their minds.

Kiyaa ? :what:

I don't get it ! :(

Listening to some of the MNAs from FATA & some ex-Civil Servants like Rostam Shah Mohmand, it doesn't appear that the Army enjoys a lot of good-will over there ! :(

Kiyaa ? :what:

I don't get it ! :(

After the violence they have suffered at the hands of the Taliban perhaps they would like a permanent armed presence?

After the violence they have suffered at the hands of the Taliban perhaps they would like a permanent armed presence?

I don't know; most of the interviews & the talk-shows in which MNAs or MPA or other people of note from the Tribal Areas come gives the impression that the perception is that because the Army entered the Tribal Areas this is why this is happening ! :(

I dunno whats the truth !

Great move and it could not have come at a more crucial time. That fat pig Fazlullah is not safe in Waziristan and hence is sniffing around the region looking for a home. He was last seen in Kunar.

I hope the army dispatches all these Kwarij savages to hell. Use their bodies as crocodile feed.

I don't know; most of the interviews & the talk-shows in which MNAs or MPA or other people of note from the Tribal Areas come gives the impression that the perception is that because the Army entered the Tribal Areas this is why this is happening ! :(

I dunno whats the truth !

You base your opinions on Pakistani talk shows?:lol:

Our People from the Tribal Areas would probably never consent to that; they joined Pakistan on the condition of internal autonomy & one aspect of that was their lands would be clear from military presence of such a scale hence why Quaid-e-Azam asked the Army to pull back as soon as he took over !

If the understanding was the military has to stay out of FATA, then how exactly is the military supposed to defend such a place and its inhabitants?
FATA residents and the anti-military crowd doesn’t want the military in FATA but at the same time it is expected that the military should save FATA from drones , self-contradictory and confused thinking born out a false sense of being infallible , this one line alone defines the state of people living in FATA.
Reality check, if FATA was part of Afghanistan, then rest assured that when American B-52 started raining bombs over Kandahar and Jalalabad in December of 2001 , they would have done the same over Wana and Miranshah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom