Pakistan seeks India's expertise in renewable energy

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan seeks India's expertise in renewable energy

Specific.9.jpg

The Commerce Secretary, Dr. Rahul Khullar and the Commerce Secretary, Pakistan, Mr. Zafar Mahmood, at the joint press conference, in New Delhi

SME Times News Bureau | 29 Aug, 2012
Renewable energy development can be another area of cooperation between India and Pakistan.

A visiting Pakistan delegation led by Zafar Mahmood, secretary in Pakistan's water and power ministry held talks Tuesday with officials in India's ministry of new and renewable energy.

The high-ranking Pakistan official said that renewable energy being a relatively new area in Pakistan, the interaction had been extremely useful and provided an opportunity to learn from the Indian experience.

Gireesh Pradhan, secretary in the ministry of new and renewable energy, gave the Pakistan delegation a detailed overview of India's journey in the development and application of renewable energy. The focus of the presentation was on solar, wind, biomass and small hydro sectors.

India's achievement in installing over 25,000 MW of grid-connected renewable energy was lauded by the Pakistan delegation.

The Pakistani officials were informed about Indian Electricity Act 2003 and Tariff Policy provisions with reference to the renewable purchase obligation for renewable energy, which makes it mandatory for all power distribution companies to purchase a minimum percentage of power generated through renewables.

The provision is an effective instrument for promoting the use of renewable energy.

The visiting delegation was also informed about fiscal and financial incentives given by the union government to promote renewable energy.

Pak seeks India's expertise in renewable energy

glad that pakistan interested in Non conventional energy...... I guess china mastered in many areas like OTEC etc......

Question is, will India be interested in sharing this info with Pakistan? Their interest lies in with holding their experience in exploiting renewable energy and selling Pakistan electricity that is generated by India itself. Under such circumstances, India has another throbbing nerve under it's thumb.

Question is, will India be interested in sharing this info with Pakistan? Their interest lies in with holding their experience in exploiting renewable energy and selling Pakistan electricity that is generated by India itself. Under such circumstances, India has another throbbing nerve under it's thumb.

I don't see any reason to not co operate....

Its not a breakthrough technology .. Right Policy and right scheme @ right place will do the job ..

I dont think India is gonna share for free , unless Govt says so...........but maybe some partnership

You can get anything you need from us, we are the world's number one investor in renewable energy.

How China overtook the US in renewable energy | News | guardian.co.uk

if we did CWG would have been successful like the Beijing

Who told u actual games weren't ? Plz don't get into topics knowledge on whom is based on some crappy news articles...lets get on topic.

@topic...good for Indo-Pak relation

You can get anything you need from us, we are the world's number one investor in renewable energy.

How China overtook the US in renewable energy | News | guardian.co.uk

yeah chinese dragon, i do agree with you.... it is an great achievement..... i had studied about china installed capacity of power gen through Non conventional energy sources.....

In return Pakistan should help India in toilet technology for half of their population.

post reported

Who told u actual games weren't ? Plz don't get into topics knowledge on whom is based on some crappy news articles...lets get on topic.

@topic...good for Indo-Pak relation

Games were not even close to beijing ....i was in beijing for teh olympics and in delhi for CWG ......and CWG was not jsut about the games perse...

Question is, will India be interested in sharing this info with Pakistan?

Their interest lies in with holding their experience in exploiting renewable energy and selling Pakistan electricity that is generated by India itself. Under such circumstances, India has another throbbing nerve under it's thumb.

Your higher then mountain friend china also have experience but it have not shared it with you.

So let the prejudice set a side and let the proposal to move and see what happens.

India always helps everybody.

Games were not even close to beijing ....i was in beijing for teh olympics and in delhi for CWG ......and CWG was not jsut about the games perse...

I m not comparing these two events at all. Any sensible guy will simply not compare Olympics to any other sporting event. There are vast difference right from scale to the events being held and organised. My statement was for the 'comment questioning the success of CWG'. Thts it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom