What's new

Pakistan’s First Metro Bus Test Drive in Lahore

Looks pretty good... At least they have developed separate lanes free from encroachment. In future same can be used for Metro rail also..

But If I am not wrong few months back, there was a thread on the same project and everybody from Pakistan was cursing Shahbaz Sharif for making this very costly and huge subsidy will have to be given to run this. Can any Lahori confirm..?

He do corruption is every single project.

Hats off to SS for making this project into reality i hope Rawalpindi and other cities will also get such transport systems. :)

Which country have these buses imported from??? They look pretty good.
Volvo busses manufactured in china.

Why do we have a separate thread for this?? Is having BRTS system considered a big achievement in Pakistan??? This is not even metro just simple Brts system. Nothing special.
Well our transport system is very bad and it is one of its kind project we have seen after the construction of motorways, its a huge achievement for us and for poor people to celebrate cheap and excellent way of transportation.

Congrats guys.. Buses seem good.
Some questions
1. What are the service charges of these metro bus system ? Are they economical and affordable to every one ?
dont know yet.
2. Is private sector involved at any level ?
The whole track and 8 km long flyover is made by a private construction company in 4 months (huge achievement for a country like pakistan)[/QUOTE]
3. How they ll provide security to these bus system ( not trolling, but as there are regular terrorists attacks and these terrorists are targeting civilians, so i am asking this )
Security guards and cameras all along the track.

Is there any plan to induct rail metro in Pakistan ?
This project is desgined in a way that it could be turned into a rail sytem very easily and it would be happening few years down the road, karachi rircular railways has a chance too.

nice buses :tup:

interior of these buses remind me of buses here in delhi

very good initiative

Hats off to SS for making this project into reality i hope Rawalpindi and other cities will also get such transport systems. :)
Rawalpindi, Multan and Faisalabad are next claims SS.

Everything looks nice and tidy when they start it, but will it be maintained?

I mean will this system be making enough revenue to sustain long-term operations or is it going to be subsidized and be a burden on the taxpayers, and eventually die down?

I how this will not have the same fate as of Green Bus Project Karachi.

I have a question, is there proper drainage system in those BRTS tracks?

While I don't know anything about this bus system, I do know that incompetent PMLN has put it in it's place.
This means that it was ill thought out, it will be ill managed, and probably end up in a corruption scandle in a year or so ultimatly leading to it being discontinued and Tax payers on the hook for millions of rupees.

I hope thats not the case. But I know what you are saying. Public transport systems have never worked in Pakistan because there is a lot of corruption. There are strong private mafias whose leaders are sitting in parliament.

This system looks good and I can only pray that it gets bigger and runs successfully.

Buses look good ...remind me of London , however my vote and my family's will be for Imran ...sorry Showbaz Sharif u n ur brother r tried and failed

congrats bus looks good, track looks bad

those buses look more advanced than the ones here

well thats a strange thing, that when even europe has moved on to the high speed rail system, london metro underground operates under high speeds but american metros and train system suck big time

very strange

are these from the 1600 buses deal?

Foton Exports 1600 Buses to Pakistan-statistics-www.chinabuses.org

On August 2nd, Foton delegation of 8 people reached a preliminary intent with KMTC in Chief Minister's House of Sindh Province. Foton was going to sell 1600 units of 45-seat buses valued RMB 1 billion Yuan to the latter and both sides would sign the memorandum on August 6th. Before then Foton entered an agreement for the supply of 110 buses with Lahore Public Transport Company, the first batch BJ6110CNG to be delivered in September. As we know, the order of 1600 units was the biggest one China enterprise obtained from Pakistan.

are these from the 1600 buses deal?

Foton Exports 1600 Buses to Pakistan-statistics-www.chinabuses.org

On August 2nd, Foton delegation of 8 people reached a preliminary intent with KMTC in Chief Minister's House of Sindh Province. Foton was going to sell 1600 units of 45-seat buses valued RMB 1 billion Yuan to the latter and both sides would sign the memorandum on August 6th. Before then Foton entered an agreement for the supply of 110 buses with Lahore Public Transport Company, the first batch BJ6110CNG to be delivered in September. As we know, the order of 1600 units was the biggest one China enterprise obtained from Pakistan.
Nope, these are volvo buses, Foton buses are used in other cities throughout Punjab.
20110907091640209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom