What's new

Pakistan’s economy grows by 3.7% in FY12: SBP annual report

This is crazy. Brazil has tanked down real bad. :(

Yeah it was extremely unfortunate.

Brazil's economy is mostly based around commodities exports (raw minerals), so they get hit extra hard whenever there is a global downturn.

PPP has a monkey genius called zardari sitting on the throne, for nearly four and half years we grew at less than 2%, but suddenly the evil clown just did some tricks to shoot the growth rate till the elections are over
That's because he's not been able to take his cuts of 10% which amounts to almost 1.7% of the GDP. So 2% + 1.7% = 3.7%.

Elementary Dr Watson!! :azn:

That's because he's not been able to take his cuts of 10% which amounts to almost 1.7% of the GDP. So 2% + 1.7% = 3.7%.

Elementary Dr Watson!! :azn:

Lol he prolly asked his goons, " if you wanna earn big time next 5 yrs then work hard this one year and stop looting the nation." His plans is working. :lol:

after all this evidence of the absolute failure of the PPP government, if the Pee pee pee wins this elections I swear to God I will denounce my Pakistani citizenship.
The Pakistani people need realize how quickly this government took Pakistan from a rising star to a zero in economic terms.

after all this evidence of the absolute failure of the PPP government, if the Pee pee pee wins this elections I swear to God I will denounce my Pakistani citizenship.
The Pakistani people need realize how quickly this government took Pakistan from a rising star to a zero in economic terms.

Its going to be a toss up between Zardari and Nawaz Sharif in my view..

If either of them win I will have lost hope in Pakistan.
And I can almost garentee that the country will disintegrate within 10 years.
Nither Zardari, nor Nawaz have the competence to keep Pakistan together so what will probably happen is that they will pull a Bhuto and split Pakistan so Zardari can rule Sind and Nawaz can rule Punjab.

Then all we can say is: Amen! :whistle:

I think Pakistan deserves better. Whatever happened Imran Khan? He seems to have faded into the background! :undecided:

Then all we can say is: Amen! :whistle:

I think Pakistan deserves better. Whatever happened Imran Khan? He seems to have faded into the background! :undecided:

He is too unpolitical to make a dent

If either of them win I will have lost hope in Pakistan.
And I can almost garentee that the country will disintegrate within 10 years.
Nither Zardari, nor Nawaz have the competence to keep Pakistan together so what will probably happen is that they will pull a Bhuto and split Pakistan so Zardari can rule Sind and Nawaz can rule Punjab.

That is going to be so pathetic.. But I am sure Army will step in much before that..

@Chinese-Dragon, mate, a noob question, can you pls explain as to how the final GDP (nominal) figures are calculated for any nation, i mean if say a nation has $100 billion economy & it's growth rate is 3%, than is the final GDP $103 billion or some other figures such as inflation is also added here??

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chinese-Dragon, mate, a noob question, can you pls explain as to how the final GDP (nominal) figures are calculated for any nation

Several different methods are used.

Most major countries use the expenditure method, such as the US, China, etc. While India uses the income method.

Gross domestic product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i mean if say a nation has $100 billion economy & it's growth rate is 3%, than is the final GDP $103 billion or some other figures such as inflation is also added here??

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...7-fy12-sbp-annual-report-3.html#ixzz2Juy4STv5

No, if a nation has a GDP of $100 billion, and a real growth rate of 3%, then the final result is NOT $103 billion.

You have to use the nominal growth rate.

The real growth rate (the most commonly used one) is the nominal growth rate, minus inflation.

Nominal vs. Real GDP, and the GDP Deflator | Investopedia

@Chinese-Dragon, one more thing, if the GDP calculation is not that simple as i assumed than what does % growth rate figure signifies??

@Chinese-Dragon, one more thing, if the GDP calculation is not that simple as i assumed than what does % growth rate figure signifies??

When people say "growth rate"... they usually mean "real growth rate", which is the actual (nominal) growth rate minus inflation.

For example, from 2010 to 2011 China's GDP went from 5.8 trillion to 7.3 trillion.

Our real GDP growth that year was 9.2%. But the increase in GDP is obviously a lot more than just 9.2%.

Firstly, we had a lot of inflation that year, which increased the GDP. Secondly, the Yuan appreciated a lot against the dollar that year as well, which further increased the GDP (which is measured in dollars).

Meaning that our GDP shot up by around 25% that year. Take out the currency movement, and take out inflation, and you get left with the "real" GDP growth of 9.2%.

Also, check out this:

List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From 2010 to 2011, Japan's GDP went from 5.5 trillion to 5.9 trillion.

That is an increase of 7% in nominal GDP.

But Japan's real growth that year was much much lower. The rest of the increase was caused by inflation and the strengthening of the Yen against the dollar.

So to calculate the actual increase in nominal GDP, you have to use the nominal rate of growth. Which is usually a LOT more than the real growth rate that people normally use.

Back
Top Bottom