What's new

Pakistan purchases potatoes from India to cover shortfall from floods

Status
Not open for further replies.
We subcontinental people can find an excuse to fight over anything. Fighting over potatoes. Get over it guys.

is there any detail about the price of these potatoes? any more info released about this deal?

May be because of this attitude many countries are refraining from extending relief for the flood victims.

Times of India reports everything even about a pigeon that flew from Pakistan to India. Did the government of India boasted of giving aid or selling potatoes to Pakistan? Generally, there are certain norms for trade between countries ... not everything can be traded.

In present scenario, not appreciating a good gesture would only show one's arrogance.

The big deal is we give food while get bullets in return... Flash back a few months back to 26/11 ...

1. Indian Doctors saves thousand pakistani lives each year...

2. The indian doctors are going to save thousand of flood victims...

3. And its our potatos that we are selling.. In a country..of 100 crore.. which wont ever fell short of demand...

Now.. U tell me... What does thousand patients mean if indian doctors can and do get more daily?

Tell me.. Who do indian doctors loose if they dont treat flood victims???

Tell me.. In a nation of 100 crore people... What we loose if we donnt export a few tons of potatos???

The fact is its a Gesture... We u dont need to show us the proft to the nation with fastest economy...

Its NOT JUST USUAL business...
Its about understanding n brotherhood...
And i huble agree India must Help our Pakistani Brothers n sisters...

But think.. Just think....If u consider that we are sending doctors..giving aid...giving food supplies.. To the same country we had qars and which recently was responsible for 26/11 u will know... How Bold step it is.

We are saving Lives of the nation whose country men killed 200 innocent lives of our nation..

dont you guys think its NOT USUAL BUSINESS... When ur own close muslim nations have gievn nothing compared to what they gave for katarina victims??

YOU RIVAL IS DOING far more than expected but ur 'so called' friends.. Are turining away.. Dont u think Its MORE than Just Business???

Its my tax money that will go to Pakistan... I am furius... That the people getting my money dont even have kind words for it...

I am sorry to say.. But if thats the return u give to a helping hand.. No one will give u a helping hand...

BEFORE GIVING A TROLL:: PLACE PAK INPLACE OF INDIA n HAVE A THINK.

I totally disagree with you that Pakistan was involved in 26/11. Try to unearth the reality these were ur own spy agencies which killed ur own people and put blame on Pakistan. How can this be possible that a few guys come on a boat from Pakistan and create havoc in India.... this is totally a conspiracy against Pakistan.... As far as potatos are concerned these are a normal course of business besides potatos we enjoy indian pine apples and many more fruits here in Pak since they come to Pak in a routine trade activity. Hopefully Indian Public will also be enjoying Pakistani products in their country though i do not exactly know what Pakistan exports to India

Care to explain the bold part or is it that Indians (not human) can NOT differentiate between Human (Pakistanis) and themselves (Indians) :angel:

I dont know why this offended you. My intent was to say that I started reading the thread and thought it was good news as the added supply will help control the price rise in Pakistan since the present crop was destroyed. My comment on humans was to the effect that the tragedy is so great that it transcends the boundaries of nationality and I felt for the victims as human beings and not as Indians or Pakistanis. I am sorry if that offended you.

Dont try to be extra smart by such quoted uncivilsed posts. And they say Indians are innocent on this forum who are discriminated.

Dont understand what was uncivilized in my post.

Face palm for India after bhartis failed to convince the world about their so-called offer for point scoring then here at last Pakistan got something called Potato that too by Paying to India and here we go the bhartis thought of playing it as face palm :angel:

Face palm was for all the members (Indians and Pakistanis) who posted tasteless comments related to the biggest tragedy to hit the region in decades..

Lolzz why should the buyer say Thank you ???????? We have paid you solid money you have not given anything for free.

When we ladies buy vegetables we give a big danda to the vendor for any rotten piece of veggi not thank him
That's fine. My mistake.. Where I come from, we generally do a mutual thanks after a completed transaction.

Come out of your potato thinking of showing off

FACEPALM

is there any detail about the price of these potatoes? any more info released about this deal?

Flood-hit Pak's demand for Indian potatoes, tomatoes up

he unprecedented floods causing widespread damage to crops in Pakistan has generated fresh demand for Indian potatoes and tomatoes, which are being supplied through Attari-Wagah land route, exporters said. "Sudden demand for potatoes and tomatoes has emerged from Pakistan following the extensive
damage caused by floods," Amritsar-based leading trader Rajdeep Uppal Managing Director Narain Exim said.

According to traders, daily 40 to 50 truckloads containing potatoes and tomatoes are being exported to Pakistan through Attari-Wagah land route.

"There was no trading activity at Attari-Wagah land route for the last two and a half months. But now with the fresh orders pouring in from Pakistan, we are sending 40 to 50 trucks of vegetables to the neighbouring country,” he said.

However, exporters demanded the withdrawal of taxes imposed on Indian potatoes and tomatoes by Pakistan, which would boost the export of vegetables. According to traders, Pakistan had imposed whopping 48 per cent duty on potatoes and 4 to 6 per cent duty on tomatoes last year.

"Despite the fact that floods have damaged the crop, Pakistan government has not withdrawn the taxes imposed on Indian potatoes and tomatoes," an exporter said.

"Had the taxes (on potato and tomato) been withdrawn by Pakistan, the strength of truckloads carrying goods could increase to 200 per day from 40-50 at present," he said.

But as of today, Pakistani potato crop lying waste on farm lands in Swat and Dir but govt. is creating trouble in the transportation of local potatoes just to benefit india

so now your government is working for India too lol who is not working for India in Pakistan ? lol just curious

May be because of this attitude many countries are refraining from extending relief for the flood victims.

Times of India reports everything even about a pigeon that flew from Pakistan to India. Did the government of India boasted of giving aid or selling potatoes to Pakistan? Generally, there are certain norms for trade between countries ... not everything can be traded.

In present scenario, not appreciating a good gesture would only show one's arrogance.

How is this 'flood relief'? Pakistan is paying good money for these products.

Again, this is precisely the attitude that is being criticized, and I find it ironic that you criticize the ToI of taking this position, yet go on and express the same flawed sentiment of 'India doing a favor to Pakistan by selling goods to it'.

You are selling here, not donating.

How is this 'flood relief'? Pakistan is paying good money for these products.

Again, this is precisely the attitude that is being criticized, and I find it ironic that you criticize the ToI of taking this position, yet go on and express the same flawed sentiment of 'India doing a favor to Pakistan by selling goods to it'.

You are selling here, not donating.

Instead of listenin to B.S why dont u ban a few?

fighting over potatoes ...now i have seen everything.....i request indian guys not to rub salt at such time of pain for pak.

AM kindly lock this thread. It's adding hatred in a time when we should be forgetting about it.

you know these are genetically modified potatoes made by RAW that will turn anyone who eats them into Indian agents, omg how low can the RAW stoop lol Im sure this is coming from you soon too :P

:cheesy: thats why we avoid veggis usually

AM kindly lock this thread. It's adding hatred in a time when we should be forgetting about it.

:) actually the news was not worth posting in the first place it was usual trade not aid.

And above as the demand for diapers and sanitary pads is also getting high due to floods so if tomorrow we buy these from India will you guys come and start posting posing as if it was aid not trade

fighting over potatoes ...now i have seen everything.....i request indian guys not to rub salt at such time of pain for pak.

:rofl::rofl: indians are rubbing salt over their own wound because they have failed to score points over those peanuts so far which they offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom