What's new

Pakistan produces first indigenous wind turbine

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: SZABIST has installed indigenously designed and locally fabricated first wind turbine of 6KVA at its Gharo Research Centre, according to an announcement on Friday.

“The turbine was fabricated in Pakistan by using almost 85 percent local components,” said Dr. Imran Amin, head of the project. “It costs around Rs1.2 million, which included fixed cost of the first produce.”

Dr Amin refused to give the cost estimates as the price has not been as yet. He, however, compared that one megawatt foreign made wind turbine cost $1 million, two megawatts $1.8-2 million and three megawatts wind turbine cost around $2.7 million.

One megawatt is equal to 1,000KVA.

The higher cost of wind turbine remained no more a hurdle in the way of wind power production in the world but its availability has come into question now, he said. “International producers of wind turbines are delivering a plant of 1.5-2MW in three years time from the date of booking.”

The local production of such technology would help Pakistan tap the available huge potential of 50,000MW through wind turbines. “Pakistan can produce up to 110,000MW wind power,” according to the estimates of world renowned agencies.

The wind turbine of 6KVA was designed and fabricated by the Centre for Renewable Energy Research (CRER) and headed by Dr Imran Amin and his team of engineers and technicians of SZABIST Karachi.

“The design of the wind turbine meets all the international standards and has been using the modern technologies available,” said Amin.

The composite blade design of a wind turbine is superior to most wind turbines available in the market and is also low cost. They were made of aerodynamics design and tested for around 30 months before installation.”

Pakistan produces first indigenous wind turbine - thenews.com.pk

then what type of wind turbine is fauji foundation installing in gharo? i thought it was made by them?

I hope this helps Pakistan with their energy issues....but wind generation takes a lot of land (and the ascetics are debatable....seen fairly large wind farms in Cali and Texas...I like them...some hate them)

Wind energy cannot solve any nations problem. They will at best form a small component.

Great efforts though and very commendable!

For Pakistan nuclear reactors is the only practical solution.

These wind turbines may be good for remote open places such as a far off village .

I hope this helps Pakistan with their energy issues....but wind generation takes a lot of land (and the ascetics are debatable....seen fairly large wind farms in Cali and Texas...I like them...some hate them)

I really dont understand y people hate them when these things are producing 100% green energy.

A rotating shaft with wind blades and a generator connected through gear system ..this is a project they will do in bachelor degrees .. 5 kva is too small to supply national grid ..it can provide electricity to one or two house ..thats it ..

5 kva is too small to supply national grid ..it can provide electricity to one or two house ..thats it ..

Is it so ? :azn: ... Its 5 KVA and that was a research project ...

@secur
it can run a 6 hp motor max thats it ..

A rotating shaft with wind blades and a generator connected through gear system ..this is a project they will do in bachelor degrees .. 5 kva is too small to supply national grid ..it can provide electricity to one or two house ..thats it ..

10th grade physics teaches you how to make wind turbine thats not the problem here, problem is making a production quality turbine that can run for countless hours in a country where there are no production facilities for this sort so you have to start small and scale it up.

brothers it easy if we as nation banned this bollywood gannd on tv instead make programs based on energy needs and simple instructions that citizens can follow to assemble their own we must have factories that employ folks to produce these.
i have joined pak science club forum but guess what their are only approx ten members i have contributed many circuit diagrams to build inverters, super joule thief circuit. anyway i have bought myself solar powered flashlights and much more and have usb pen full of diagrams maths formulas when i go Pakistanis this is what i am going to work on > starting with how to build > your own generators, windmill alternators, assembling small panels to make big solar panels, i also have purchased tunergy lithium battery charger that can charge any type of battery and so much more. one thing a nation must learn is to wind their own transformer read nikola tesla work. plus we dont have reliable internet connection in pak for information and knowledge or to join group forums. plus i am thinking of buying seeds to produce biodiesel and use the left over for soap, plus i am trying to find diagrams for pitbea oil press this way i can produce my own oil. i could just buy it for 100 pounds but it manual. in my village they just talk about tractors.

Back
Top Bottom