What's new

Pakistan Pharma Industry in fear of closure after Indian Offer.

LaBong, we are spending couple of billions yearly in India on shopping - mostly for wedding, education, medicare and visiting holy sites. Kolkata benefits immensely from this investment. Say for instance, Lytton Hotel owned by a Sidhi Mr Manwani. It was only few two/three room one story structures spread over an area. Now its a proper hotel. According to the owner he owes this totally to our patronage. Or walk through The New Market, AC Market, Park St shops, top Gariahata shops. How many local shoppers do you find? We are monopolizing all of these.

LaBong, we are spending couple of billions yearly in India on shopping - mostly for wedding, education, medicare and visiting holy sites. Kolkata benefits immensely from this investment. Say for instance, Lytton Hotel owned by a Sidhi Mr Manwani. It was only few two/three room one story structures spread over an area. Now its a proper hotel. According to the owner he owes this totally to our patronage. Or walk through The New Market, AC Market, Park St shops, top Gariahata shops. How many local shoppers do you find? We are monopolizing all of these.

I'm not into shopping, but it could be the case that middle class moved from new market etc to sprawling shopping malls all over the city.

As far as bangladeshis are concerned, they are always welcome as long as they come in legal means help making the delta changes to economy.

The reason people go to India for treatment is because of the Government policy regarding private hospital. First they did not allow to operate one, when people started going to India only for better service then they allowed, but the doctors in this country called strike for not allowing foreign consultant in them. So, even though we have some private clinics (not hospitals) they cant provide world class service for cheaper price. Deshi consultant have a uneven monopoly there and dont give their best.

The similar situation did exist in education sector. They did not allow private universities. So when a student failed to avail a seat in public university then they had nowhere to go but pack for India. Now situation changed as privated universities in this country is attarcting students from all over the world including India. I hardly seen any student going to India anymore.

I strongly in favor of reforming our health policy and allow free market concept in this very sector. people will stop going to India.

Why would a person should go to India when they can do kydney/lever transplant here. we have surgeon who regularly operates brains hearts etc. We are producing world class cancer medicine. Our scientist are inventing vaccine after vaccine which are in trial run in Africa. Just does not make sense.

So you are suggesting that it doesn't matters if Pakistan companies shutdown, huge jobless people become criminals & economy gets collapse. India can invest in Pakistan there are alot of sectors which can benifit India as well as Pakistan & for that the top most sector is Power sector. Remember when people will have jobs they can buy anything otherwise if companies keep on shutting down, Pakistan will become Afghanistan because Pakistan don't have oil or other source to survive.

That is just bullshit!!! Nothing more nothing less.

If thats the case, half the world be jobless after rise of China & India. Instead low cost would increases the annual turnover by increasing the consumption of pharma products by making these available to low earning or poor populace. As high quality API (Bulk Powder) product could be available to Pakistani companies too, from various API producer Indian competitors. That will reduce the cost of final or furnished formulation product produced in Pakistan. Also, Indian companies have to involve in joint projects to remain in competition in Pakistani market and ultimately that would create more jobs in Pakistan. Also, ultimately benefit goes to consumer:mod:.

On the other, it will also bring world class technology and technical expertise to Pakistan, which might also help Pakistanis to compete in gulf region in future. Only loss will be to producers by lowering their profit share as they have to share profit with Indian companies and second they must have to reduce the profit by lower selling rates of final product in pakistan to stay in competition. But it can be changed by being innovative & adaptive to new technology & techniques, also by exploring new market in gulf & African region.

6-7 yrs. ago, Pak cricket team was in Mohali to play a match against India. A large no of spectators were also accompanying him. All most all of them stayed with Indian families at their homes. Then i came to know that Pak spectators buying every type of general medicine in bulk from Mohali & Chd.
as it was much more costly in Pakistan e.g. a Disprin strip, which costs Rs.2 (Rs 2.50 - Rs 3.00 today) here in India, was a price of Rs.40+ in Pakistan. Can any PDF member confirm that it was the case??

Pharma industry fears closure after MFN to India

ISLAMABAD: The import of medicines from Indiaunder proposed Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status will threaten closure of local pharmaceutical industry as well as significant loss of jobs.
The Indian pharmaceutical market is of 10 times bigger in size than that of Pakistan. Being a global player in pharmaceutical sector, and after having MFN from Pakistan, Indian industry would be nothing less than monster for Pakistan manufacturers. Therefore, local pharmaceutical manufacturers are perturbed and have considered this in principle decision to grant MFN to India as impropriate.

Health experts and pharmaceutical manufacturers on Sunday said that around 20 to 25 per cent drugs manufactured in India were spurious. "India, being world’s largest manufacturer of generic drugs, has become a busy center for counterfeit and substandard medicines. Stuffed in slick packaging, the fake drugs are passed on to consumers and sold in developing nations around the world," Chairman of Pharmaceutical Business Association (Regd), Aslam Naqqash said.

He said each and every province in India has its own regulatory system and it (India) was trying to introduce a Federal Regulatory Authority (FDA) to discourage fake drugs manufacturing.

He said Bangladesh has imposed a complete ban on Indian pharmaceutical products. This ban has helped Bangladesh pharmaceutical sector to grow and become global exporters, thus providing foreign exchange as well as local jobs.

Naqqash said the national pharma industry has invested substantially to upgrade itself in the last few years and today the majority of the industry is following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), in accordance with the domestic as well as international guidance. He said pharma finished products from India can be imported but these must be registered with their FDA.

In his comments, new Chief of Pakistan Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (PPMA), Khawaja Muhammad Asad said in Pakistan the regulatory systems have been shifted to provinces. He asked the government to establish as early as possible Drug Regulatory Authority (DRA) to help flourish the industry and to stop course of spurious drugs.

Chairman PPMA said currently the industry has the capacity to manufacture a variety of product ranging from simple pills to sophisticated Biotech, Oncology and Value Added Generic compounds.

He said Pakistan’s pharmaceutical industry meets around 90% of the country’s demand of Finished Medicine. All these achievements would go down the drain and a vibrant and forward looking industry would be demolished if medicines, including biotech products are allowed to be imported from India.

We had the same feelings when India started opening the markets for the whole World.Indian industries were mere kids in the block.

But the competition served us well.We had a healthy competition and emerged as big players.Hope you do the same.

^^We were never closed to world! where did you get this wrong information?

India is welcome to build as many pharma industries in Pakistan.

We had the same feelings when India started opening the markets for the whole World.Indian industries were mere kids in the block.

But the competition served us well.We had a healthy competition and emerged as big players.Hope you do the same.

they will realize all of this slowly, right now they are scared of the competition.

they will realize all of this slowly, right now they are scared of the competition.

Since last 4 years Pakistan pharma industry has been bearing the brunt of smuggled medicen and raw material from bharat.

If gadari wish to subsidize your products on our tax money we will reason.

Since last 4 years Pakistan pharma industry has been bearing the brunt of smuggled medicen and raw material from bharat.

If gadari wish to subsidize your products on our tax money we will reason.

it ok reason yaar.. take enough time and deliberate it thoroughly. no need to hurry

it ok reason yaar.. take enough time and deliberate it thoroughly. no need to hurry

Status had already been granted and Pakistan finance ministry has started subsidizing indian imports.... wahgah border is open Indian cars loaded with medicen are being unloaded in ware houses of sharif family.

Status had already been granted and Pakistan finance ministry has started subsidizing indian imports.... wahgah border is open Indian cars loaded with medicen are being unloaded in ware houses of sharif family.

very bad move by them.. they should have asked pakistani public first.. i hope pakistan gets better leaders in future.this will increase the trade deficit.

very bad move by them.. they should have asked pakistani public first.. i hope pakistan gets better leaders in future.this will increase the trade deficit.

Leader my foot... Pakistan is under attack since last 10 years and these gadaris are attacking Pakistan covertly.

Assalam alaikum

I don't know why ppl want to trade with india , i m boycotting indian goods since close to 20 years i m healthy didnot got broke due to buying from alternative country. anything that says made in india i don't buy it

India dushman hay and it will remain like that even if all the pakistanies and the world buy from them i won't

TARIQ

Leader my foot... Pakistan is under attack since last 10 years and these gadaris are attacking Pakistan covertly.

hahaha kill all these gadaris and zardaris.. i think you prefer the army. let the army takeover then. I can seriously see Pakistan progressing in the future.

Back
Top Bottom