What's new

Pakistan need high education, come on!

Burning schools and Problems for the female child are rather simplistic examples for what is much bigger problem.

IM sure u would have a multitude of policies tht in ur perspective would help promote education while keeping Youngsters high on Religion.
THe Fact is Education brings liberalism...hardcore religiosity and educated Liberalism don't go hand in hand.
ITs all over the figures of Islamic nations throwout the world..
DO not quote turkey or SA; ones extensively liberalized and the others an oil mafia.

Having said this..on a more centrist approach.
Every problem has a solution tht can work around existence complexities...people have ton of reason to keep ridiculing and claiming how there way is right and stuff ,until someone ends up doing the supposedly impossible.

But such thing only occur withing empowered societies.
Y this is hard to achieve?

Pakistan is in a habit of Blaming every godam thing tht moves for its unsuccessfulness;this has been nurtured over decades of shameless social planning and indoctrination by the pitiful rulers chosen by the people for the people..(avoiding details)

Ill give u an example ..

a mom tells his boy every time he fails tht .."there nothing wrong with u its oters who are after u"
and similar conclusions are fed into the mind of the child over his growth phase..
what do u thing the child would be like ?
A mama boy?, arrogant?, unreliable? and a liar? .......seriously think about it.Not to mention his total lack of international competitiveness or in this case his competitiveness outside his house.

im not saying everyone in the country will be like tht ...but those who don't kno better would be.

this theory as stated earlier ,is reinforced by the Fact that..
Pakistan still values Zaid haimd over Hoodbhoy
and azizi over Sethi
as popular preseption.

U may be different and im sure many intellectually sound people too but im not talking about the good 10 maybe 15%.

THe doctrine needs to change and an in a big way.
Educators need to be heroes and Philosophers need to be just tht philosophers..because realism and philosophy dont go together .

Let's deliberately avoid the discussion of religion-education relationship, to save it from going beyond the scope of this thread.

I'll summarize it in the form of simple questions, like what's the purpose of education?
What if somebody says that it's the religious duty to attain all that knowledge and grooming you need to live a better life and be a helpful member of your society?
Will you punish a mother for the deeds of her grown son? and by which law?
Considering that both Liberalism or religion doesn't makes you a better learner/student.
And i agree when you mentioned that there no requirement to quote any turkish or saudi models because most of us don't follow any of the two.

The point is as a nation we never thought to improve both our basic and higher education structure, as Vcheng rightly pointed out and i quote.

The problem is not the money; it is the elite, for they need an ignorant nation that is pliable for them to exploit.

The one who can affords sends his/her child to the top notch high ranking institution anywhere in the world and the one who can not afford is bound to suffer due to lack of institutions ,even if there is a will.

^^my point in all this seems to have been lost..well partly ,maybe cus i made it too elaborate.

Nevertheless with the questions , ill try to make it concise.

What if somebody says that it's the religious duty to attain all that knowledge and grooming you need to live a better life and be a helpful member of your society?
as mentioned the religion wont be hard-line one at all...due to the inherent fact tht knowledge will threaten all and every hard-line Religious ideas .

Will you punish a mother for the deeds of her grown son? and by which law?
IM sorry this question has no relevance to my case.
the mother i mention is a fictional representation for an indoctrinating body , and yes people who led this propaganda sham should be held Accountable ..be it anyone after Jinnah in Pakistan or Stalin, Hitler,Mao Etc etc.

Considering that both Liberalism or religion doesn't makes you a better learner/student.
let me make it clear ,my rationale.

Liberalism by name is to never be hard-line..
so inherently liberalism means open to new ideas and facts;the basis of strength for an Educated mind.
Liberalism does make u a better student.

Religion if hard-line fails to indoctrinate people to accept realism ,and will be the reason for emotional conflict with many young minds fighting to understand whats true and whats not.so in this sense counterproductive.

All generals, officers, all govt. employees including judges, police, doctors and all policticians children must study in govt. institutions than you can see the difference(pvt and foreign education should not be allowed for the children of those who run and manage pakistan)
We spend/ waste billions on poor education rather than proper education
All history, arts etc non productive education should be finished in govt institution and should focus on practical education and skills which help in real life
Private schools in pakistan doing very good business and providing excellent standard more should be done to organise
We should match international standard in universities and higher education and research programs as its very expensive in abroad and private colleges and universities

Education is necessary and I think most of the children are illiterate, They can not study because they are financially week. We should take some steps for them.

There was a Pakistani leader who talked about 'Knowledge Based Economy', consolidated Higher Education Commission (HEC) and brought visionaries like Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman as the policy makers for Science and Technology in the country. Pervaiz Musharraf commissioned many new universities, increased the research funding many fold and was in talks for collaboration with International universities. Country saw a rise in the number of Ph.D students many fold as well as the number of research papers. The progress was acclaimed internationally.

What has current government done? They forced Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman to resign from HEC, tried to slash funding for HEC, stopped the stipend of overseas Ph.D students, tried to close down Ministery of Science and Technology and research institutions working under it and closed down National Commissions on Biotechnology and Nanotechnology.

Yes there are no policy making/funding institutions for two of the most important technologies of future in Pakistan now. Talk about retrogress.

We need good, honest, sincere, forward thinking leadership - be it Imran Khan or Pervez Musharraf.

Quaid-e-Azam had once said that if you have chosen an appropriate leader for a given task, you have already accomplished half of that task. We need an honest leader, everything else will flow from it.

Pakistan's Education System need's reforms ASAP.
93543955.png

Top Business Schools
FT Ranking
QS Ranking

Again unneeded comment,habit of indo pakistani posters to rub salt in wounds.Childish.

education is the only way forward . and its a must to separate religion from education . achieve this, and in a decade or so you shall see the improvement in your society .

education is the only way forward . and its a must to separate religion from education . achieve this, and in a decade or so you shall see the improvement in your society .

Depands upon the word "Religion". How do take it and how much helpful you find it for yourself.....

In kerala we made a mission to educate all the people to read and write our language (Malayalam) and it was not done by the government agencies but by people , Ngo's, trade unions, students unions etc (a good initiative by our communist govt) - I was also a member of the campaign ,we all took pride to go to villages and teach people as young as my youngest brother or as old as my grand father - it was a good experience - this could be followed in other parts of india and pakistan -- This is regarding nominal litteracy

Back
Top Bottom