What's new

Pakistan need high education, come on!

To be honest all this rant about achievements is bull. While it may be good to glorify ones achievements from time to time in order to keep the morale high, the truth is the subcontinent has very poor numbers when it comes to education. And Pakistan and Afghanistan seem to be among the worse performers. While many here may think that anyone making critical comments suffers from prejudice, the fact is that unless a country makes education and particularly higher education a priority, we will get nowhere. Thankfully the Govt. of India has started pouring major funds into education sector. We have loads of new IIT's, IIM's and medical schools in India today. I hope Pakistan starts delivering on the promise of their youth which we keep hearing about. If your youth remains trapped in unemployment and low wage cycles, it would be a disaster not only for Pakistan but for the entire region!

not enough we can maintain 80% literacy rate but to take it to 100% we need millions more. but u know whats good, we r working on it and our education is producing results, while pakistan's is declining. sorry to say.

How is it declining? Btw, India's education rate is 70%.

Whether its Pakistan or India who have got literacy issues. At the end of the day, both should be ashamed.
Just look at a country like Sri Lanka. Their Literacy rate is 99.9%!!!!!

not enough we can maintain 80% literacy rate but to take it to 100% we need millions more. but u know whats good, we r working on it and our education is producing results, while pakistan's is declining. sorry to say.

No we don't have a similar problem, close to 100% Indian kids are in school. Pakistan on the other hand has gone downhill(due to rerrorism, flood, earthquake and economic turmoil).

You see we fighting each other here to win scores, that's example of lack education in ourselves.

Guys, focus on TITLE- Pakistan need high education, not India please!

no why pulling india into shame???? :blink:
we brought our literacy rate up from 15% to 80%. produce second largest engineers, doctors and scientists. the new intel xenon processor and motherboards are designed in bangalore same with amd. check ur comp u have an indian designed processor. we are working hard to pull our population out. ppl are giving up careers to educate poor and govt is throwing billions. govt has decided to tripple education spending from 2012 to boost scientific research. we have 3 plasma reactors in our country and have indegenepously mastered all different kinds of nuclear reactors.

u should be ashamed if ur not working hard enough to eradicate this issue. i think our govt is trying level best and results are here to see and we have a bright future.

i will be back in india after my engineering i wanna join DRDO or ISRO. :smile:

Sorry bro but you're late to react 1.2 billion people. It will take years before you achieve the 100% mark like Sri Lanka. All this cannot happen in just one night.
Umm.. I don't know much about my computer its a Macbook Pro.... but even if it is Indian, that money still goes to the elite class. and moreover, these foreign companies that you talk about in Banglore doesnt really help you out. You're giving most of the money outside your country. The biggest problem with your this economic method is that it lost your culture. This pure Capitalistic model is not sustainable for long term if i tell you the truth...

i think pakistan should immediately construct new unis for engieering

sorry no more abt india

In one of our great example of Micrsoft's little magic girl- Arfa Kareem from Pakistan, she died suddenly early at age 9 due to heavy pressures and very isolated to make her study harder than anyone Pakistani kids. The requirements courses are overwhelmed, her brains was damaged.

It show us Pakistan doesn't have balance education and benefits for our kids as well as youths. Honestly, I am thankful to my parents, hope we can do same for our future bright kids!

It is your responsible of your kids and their direction to guide Pakistan either bad or good lucks.

LUMS University has professors from best Universities. i.e Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, Yale, MIT, Penn State, LSE, UCLA, UCL, etc... They should build more campuses in my opinion...

LUMS University has professors from best Universities. i.e Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, Yale, MIT, Penn State, LSE, UCLA, UCL, etc... They should build more campuses in my opinion...

Great, LUMS has a strong Faculty and great Alumni. But that is just the point. Should'nt a nation of 200 Million citizens have more than one good University. We should have thousands of such Universities in Pakistan, not one. LUMS total student body averages less than 5000 students. If total population of students of college going age is 10% of Pakistan's population, we are speaking of 20 million students.

Is LUMS really that great? I have never seen it in any sorta MBA rankings.

it depends dude, pakistan's literacy rate is low compared to indian standard and ofcourse other countries.
pakistan considers literate who can just read in any language... thatsss it
in india u need to know english to be literate.

so u mean ur 7% population has degreess. :rofl: kindly go and check how many doctors and engiineers pak produces and % of population

not at all..you need to read and write in your mother tongue and do some basic maths...if english is your mother tongue then only you must read and write in english...do not spread lies here...

Back
Top Bottom