What's new

Pakistan has 3 of the best 19 Muslim cities!

Islamabad is 8 times greater then Chandrigarh in terms of Land and Greater in Population too.
Chandrigarh covers an area of approximately 44.5 sq mi or 114 km²
The area of Islamabad is 906 km² or (350 sq mi).
A further 2,717 square kilometres (1,049 sq mi) area is known as the Specified Area,

The Union Territory of Chandigarh has a area of 114 km² for administrative purpose but in general Chandigarh means Chandigarh(Union Territory), Mohali (Punjab) and Panchkula(Haryana) and combining all these makes Chandigarh a big city. The new Chandigarh International Airport is being built near Mohali. Same way National Capital Region Delhi includes Delhi and adjoining Gurgaon in Haryana and Noida in Uttar Pradesh.

Houston, United States since 8 May 2008
A twin city partnership with Chicago, United States, was contemplated and initiated in 2000, but was never implemented.
Its more than enough to tell about the developments happens in recent past in Karachi...
Well ! I've Heard Lots of development is going on in Multan?
The Union Territory of Chandigarh has a area of 114 km² for administrative purpose but in general Chandigarh means Chandigarh(Union Territory), Mohali (Punjab) and Panchkula(Haryana) and combining all these makes Chandigarh a big city. The new Chandigarh International Airport is being built near Mohali. Same way National Capital Region Delhi includes Delhi and adjoining Gurgaon in Haryana and Noida in Uttar Pradesh.
As I mentioned, Now just read Islamabad section and also read about that further specified area too..

For your information ,You need to read Mayor Mustafa Kamal and Mayar Nemat-Ullah Khan Era.. Karachi is not like 90's for your information..

I had visited Karachi , Islamabad and Lahore in 2010 , and to me Islamabad looked the best

Is area convered a meaningful critera on which cities are judged?
Man Nalanda Came up with that logic Islamabad has roads and a building in between 100 trees, .Thats an answer for Nalanda.. Well area/development is meaningful criteria for judging cities its tell us how much money really spended on city from announce budget..

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

I had visited Karachi , Islamabad and Lahore in 2010 , and to me Islamabad looked the best
Karachi? Lol which area you'd visited?

Man Nalanda Came up with that logic Islamabad has roads and a building in between 100 trees, .Thats an answer for Nalanda.. Well area/development is meaningful criteria for judging cities its tell us how much money really spended on city from announce budget..

Exactly, that doesn't define a Megacity. Islamabad was planning like a Tranquil city, it can never become a Megacity, it is more like Hillstation.

Exactly, that doesn't define a Megacity. Islamabad was planning like a Tranquil city, it can never become a Megacity, it is more like Hillstation.
The area of Islamabad is 906 km² or (350 sq mi). A further 2,717 square kilometres (1,049 sq mi) area is known as the Specified Area, As reminder ,If You use hill station for Chandrigarh then it makes sense but for Islamabad ??????? Don't make sense
Islamabad is specially known for literacy
Islamabad has the highest literacy rate in Pakistan and is home to the some of the top-ranked universities in Pakistan, including Quaid-i-Azam University, Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences and the National University of Sciences and Technology. Allama Iqbal Open University in Islamabad is one of the world's largest universities by enrollment.
Islamabad is a designed Capital to attract official related work , We suppose to have their for official work .. For economical business We have Karachi and Faisalabad..

The area of Islamabad is 906 km² or (350 sq mi). A further 2,717 square kilometres (1,049 sq mi) area is known as the Specified Area, As reminder ,If You use hill station for Chandrigarh then it makes sense but for Islamabad ??????? Don't make sense
Islamabad is specially known for literacy
Islamabad has the highest literacy rate in Pakistan and is home to the some of the top-ranked universities in Pakistan, including Quaid-i-Azam University, Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences and the National University of Sciences and Technology. Allama Iqbal Open University in Islamabad is one of the world's largest universities by enrollment.
Islamabad is a designed Capital to attract official related work , We suppose to have their for official work .. For economical business We have Karachi and Faisalabad..

Nice to know that even Chandigarh has all those things and standard of living in Chandigarh is one of the highest in India. Apart from being the capital of two states, It also has huge IT industries and manufacturing hub. Now, Chandigarh also getting metro rail system.

Galyat is the hill station for people of islamabad :P you havent been to islo thats why calling it hill station , secondly Islamabad roads n infrastructure is developed in taking mind next 60 years .

Back
Top Bottom