What's new

Pakistan grants India Most Favoured Nation trade status

@ Pakistani Members: How many Indian products are being used in Pakistan-legally imported and illegally imported via Dubai. The only Pakistani product I can remember of, that I came across in my city was cement..Elephant Brand.

I think Tires, Automobile parts, second hand/reconditioned engines and other parts(entering through western border), Beauty-Cosmetic products,DTH(dishtv,tata,videocon etc) Set Top Boxes/Smartcards,Pan/Tobacco etcetera are some of the things?
:azn:

hope you guys get some good motor bikes to ride now :tup: ya again it will be a nightmare for your local industry and to foreign companies too.

India-Pakistan trade ties have three components, namely: ‘black' or illegal trade transacted through the land borders; circular or ‘informal' trade which is carried out through ‘third' countries and re-exported from there to Pakistan; finally, formal trade through imports/exports of merchandise through all recognised seaports, airports, land customs stations and inland container depots.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Pakistan imports iron ore from Brazil and Australia, though these items could be available at lower rates from India. Similarly, considering Indian pharmaceutical products are 30 per cent cheaper than Pakistani products, it would certainly make a difference to the common citizen in that country. In turn, this would help Indian pharmaceutical products to sell larger volumes in geographically proximate markets, besides impacting positively on industrial growth.

I think Tires, Automobile parts, second hand/reconditioned engines and other parts(entering through western border), Beauty-Cosmetic products,DTH(dishtv,tata,videocon etc) Set Top Boxes/Smartcards,Pan/Tobacco etcetera are some of the things?
:azn:

Pakistan is estimated to be the second or third largest tea consumer in the world with a market size of around 100 million kg per annum and for several years it did not import tea from India.

India 'deeply appreciates' Pak decision on MFN status:

India on Wednesday “deeply appreciated” Pakistan’s decision to grant it Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status, stating the move will also help improve political ties between the two neighbours.

“We deeply appreciate this positive gesture that Pakistan has taken,” Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma said in New Delhi.

Mr. Sharma spoke to his Pakistani counterpart Makhdoom Amin Fahim immediately after the decision was taken by the Pakistani Cabinet.

When asked whether the move would help improve political relationship between the countries, he said: “...It will be influencing definitely in positive manner. We need to sustain this in the coming months.”

He said that when bilateral economic engagement improves, it brings prosperity and growth to both the partners.

Mr. Sharma said Mr. Makhdoom’s September visit here was a major step forward in this direction.

Under MFN status, Pakistan will treat India at par with its other favoured trading partners. India has already granted this status to the neighbouring country way back in 1996.

“It will be beneficial for both the countries. It opens up new pathways of alleviating our economic engagement to a much higher level,” the minister said.

The Hindu : News / National : India 'deeply appreciates' Pak decision on MFN status

Well it works both ways. Pakistani cement is said to be less expensive than Indian one and if they play their cards correctly Pakistani cement companies can give Indian ones run for their money.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

David Headly visited India and did recce for 26/11 on visit visa.

The visit Visa was issued by indian embassy in USA as he was a US citizen.

Thank you Pakistan hope this move is the stepping stone for both our countries to prosper.

This is what I ate today, it was damn delicious.... A friend of mine brought it for me from Delhi. This friend is from IOK, studying medicine at DUMHS Karachi.

imag0507x.jpg

INDIANS SWEETS ARE NOT BAD

It had to come.

It should now be handled in a mature manner beneficial to both. Further, after giving guidelines both Govts should back off and people trade amongst themselves. This alone will help dispell doubts & clear cobwebs in the mind.

pakistan just made a big mistake trying to play nice with the indian military dictatorship.

never ever trust an indian.

trading with india is like trading with the devil.
be very careful pakistan, indian threat must be eliminated from asia.

india will find a way to screw pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom