What's new

Pakistan faces 26/11 everyday: Mani Shankar Aiyar

There is a reason why India faces terrorism which is a state sponsored proxy war.
Why is Pakistan under attack by the terrorists who are the same fundamental Islamic Jihadii groups who attack India too?

Because of the imbecile nature of the Pakistani military leadership. If they had not been obsessed from 1947 onwards with tactical brilliance, they would have realised the strategic incoherence that they were creating.

With reservations.

I believe his zeal for his cause and for his community took him into territory which the Jinnah of the 20s and 30s would have been amazed to see. His integrity remained intact, no doubt, he was too principled a person to yield on those basics, but there were issues relating to the Hindu Muslim boundary where he compromised to gain political traction. And that cost a huge number of lives.

Having said that, let me nail my colours to the mast: I am a firm supporter of the man that Jinnah was.

About PTH, best ask Raza.

Please count me in that category. More I read about him I see only a decent man who did not trust Nehru or Gandhi. I believe the trust issues for Gandhi was due to his support for the Khilafat movement while Jinnah opposed it. That has drawn a positive image about Jinnah within me.

Spies are completely different from Islamic radical killers like Kasab, Even in cold war US and USSR exchanged spies. India release Dr.Chisty and Pakistan should do the same with Sarabjit.

An utterly stupid remark. Dr. Chisty WAS NOT a spy.

Pakistan faces 26/11 everyday

Unlike Pakistan , we aren't responsible for their 26/11 .

There aint any indian Kasab out there in Pakistan.

Mr Iyer...just sucks with his view...He is a nice man in wrong political party...Just like another troll in Indian polity...

An utterly stupid remark. Dr. Chisty WAS NOT a spy.

i was referring to sarabjit being spy, spies are often traded with somebody important, go through cold war spy exchange history, don't try to pass ur ignorant remarks on me.

i was referring to sarabjit being spy, spies are often traded with somebody important, go through cold war spy exchange history, don't try to pass ur ignorant remarks on me.

You remain an idiot. Spies were exchanged with spies. Dr. Chisty was NOT exchanged; the court, without intervention of the Indian state, granted him bail, AND allowed him to go home to Pakistan. He is still liable to return. That is NOT an exchange. You remain not merely an idiot, you remain a bigoted idiot.

You remain an idiot. Spies were exchanged with spies. Dr. Chisty was NOT exchanged; the court, without intervention of the Indian state, granted him bail, AND allowed him to go home to Pakistan. He is still liable to return. That is NOT an exchange. You remain not merely an idiot, you remain a bigoted idiot.

Don't be insane by calling me something of stupidly. That does not make you a better being and this is not the first time from you.

The reason Why I am asking for release is, Sarabjit has spent almost 20 years in prison and that is almost two life terms, Indian SC ordered DR. Chisti release on humanitarian ground he served 20 years in India.

Sarabjit has already served 20 years in Pakistan and his mercy petition is in pakistan president's hand so asking pakistan to reciprocate on humanitarian ground is not idiotic (ignorant fool like you who always read the words of the post with out undersanding the real reasons behind it).

You are trying to find the logic in my post to prove me wrong which is utter non sense in this case as this case is pending with Pakistan president on humanitarian grounds.

Try to find some amateur to make your reasoning and win over him.

@Joe Shearer ,

its stupid of u to assume that the court, without support of the Indian state, allowed Dr. Chisty to go home to Pakistan . The court surely had taken the views of a pliable persecution side , here, the state ,before granting him bail and more move his travel to Pakistan would have been impossible without the consent of the Indian govt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya... But we don't send dossiers to the culprits.. We bomb their caves..

I really don't understand what your hang up with the "dossiers". I've heard the GoI criticised humours times by you and your countrymen for send such files yet I can't understand what is wrong in sending evidence to another nation to act on- this is the international norm. If you or your government wants to deny in be face of thousands of pages of evidence that's on you but don't criticise a nation for trying to bring about justice.

With reservations.

I believe his zeal for his cause and for his community took him into territory which the Jinnah of the 20s and 30s would have been amazed to see. His integrity remained intact, no doubt, he was too principled a person to yield on those basics, but there were issues relating to the Hindu Muslim boundary where he compromised to gain political traction. And that cost a huge number of lives.

Having said that, let me nail my colours to the mast: I am a firm supporter of the man that Jinnah was.

About PTH, best ask Raza.

Joe,
But there were two Jinnahs. One was the Professional Man (an urbane educated lawyer) then the other was the Politician. Sometimes there was some confusion and contradiction between the two. His one-time junior in chambers and admirer Mohammed Currim Chagla had some views about him, some of which he wrote about in his autobiography "Roses in December". I heard him speak a little more on the subject at the residence of H.M.Seervai which provided even more insight.

That Pakistan faces 26/11 everyday is not any practical Indian's concern. That they have so far managed to remain unaccountable for their actions on that day four years before should be our sole concern. The Pakistanis are a sovereign country and can worry about their 26/11s themselves. They don't need another extra 1.3 billion worrying for them. We have our own set of problems. Anyway this coming from the mouth of MSI should only be treated with the respect it deserves = almost nilch.

that the British let us alone only because they wanted to.

British left us alone because they could no longer afford maintaining their grip on an empire thousands of miles away with a drained economy and military courtesy WWII

Back
Top Bottom