What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I love the body work on the F16 ... pretty impressive ....

I heard US is making some new varients of F16 ... new birds any chance we might get 6-12 new birds like UAE has ?? Those machines look mean with extra feul capacity

UAE has F-16 Block 60...

F-16 E/F (Block 60)

The first order for 80 F-16 Block 60, which has been designated the F-16E/F version, was received from the air Force of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in early 2000. First production deliveries of the UAE aircraft are slated for April 2004. The F-16E/F resembles earlier F-16 aircraft in appearance only. Internally, the new model has an all-new cockpit that features all-digital instruments and three 5x7-inch color displays, HUD and helmet mounted sight and display. Additionally, the F-16E/F features a new avionics suite with highlights including a revolutionary Electronic Warfare (EW) system, the new APG-80 an.Agile Beam Radar (ABR) and a new Integrated FLIR Targeting System (IFTS), all provided by Northrop Grumm

The aircraft is powered by a General Electric F110-GE-132 engine that produces 32,500 pounds of thrust. The new engine was flight tested on modified USAF F-16C at the Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards Air Force Base, Calif. The new engine version features “blisks” (bladed-disks) in the three-stage modular fan section in lieu of traditional blades to improve performance and maintainability. The engine also incorporates an enhanced durability radial augmentor (afterburner) and exhaust nozzle, plus control software modifications to optimize engine performance at all flight conditions. The Block 60 aircraft and engine also will feature an auto-throttle capability.

the UAE F-16 is expensive!!! infact damn expensive! currently we are not in a financial position to buy such a fighter or shall i say fighters....if we had the money we could have considered even RAFALE but we cannot...so let's just be happy with a squadron of BLK 52s.

I love the body work on the F16 ... pretty impressive ....

I heard US is making some new varients of F16 ... new birds any chance we might get 6-12 new birds like UAE has ?? Those machines look mean with extra feul capacity
Considering the Return on Investment, the F-16 Block 60 will not be the best choice for the PAF right now. It is too expensive and tailored to meet the needs of the UAEAF only. Even the USAF does not operate Block 60s. Block 52 is our best bet right now. Be happy with what you're getting, it's one of the best machines we could hope for.

I think we have new bench mark and more req for JF-17 n J-10B as we get new Block 52 .

can we assue that block 60 can deal easily with su-30 mki in air combat

assumption & easy our words that you shouldn't go to war armed with!

anyhow does anyone know what happened to the AIDEWS pods we were supposed to be buying.....for around $75million its almost two years and no news...no contract no nothing.....

Last edited:
Awesome post by marcos ~

Well since Block 60 are available, pakistan should just get 12 of block 60 since US is extra nice to us now. Yes these are epensive units but , also lets not froget out old crafts are putting on milage on fighting missions in some areas

We really do deserve these block60 even more then UAE

And may be use these crafts as strategic fighters with in sqaudrons ,

2 Block 60 , 4 F-16(Block A) ,5 JF thunder , 1 Mirage combinations

It would make a great - combination for a unit

Awesome post by marcos ~

Well since Block 60 are available, pakistan should just get 12 of block 60 since US is extra nice to us now. Yes these are epensive units but , also lets not froget out old crafts are putting on milage on fighting missions in some areas

hummmmmmmm what a wish list, dont u think we also deserve some raptors:azn::azn:, get out of your dreams, and wat kind of a squadron are u forming:undecided::undecided: man o man whats in your head:blink::blink:

Awesome post by marcos ~

Its not as simple as you put it. getting highly advanced fighters is not really easy. It took really long to get the F-16 blk 52 from the U.S which haven't even been delivered yet what makes you think that they would even want to sell them to Pakistan. Plus its really expensive the only country that operate the blk 60 is the UAE. Pakistan is not in a position where we could afford planes like those.

Its not as simple as you put it. getting highly advanced fighters is not really easy. It took really long to get the F-16 blk 52 from the U.S which haven't even been delivered yet what makes you think that they would even want to sell them to Pakistan. Plus its really expensive the only country that operate the blk 60 is the UAE. Pakistan is not in a position where we could afford planes like those.

Well I think Pakistan should be shown some love , by US , for our war support in against taliban. Block 52 are what we agreed on 2 years ago in 2006 right.

We are not talking about current engagements , and may be if we can get these block 60 by 2015 for these operations our army will do in waziristan it would be wonderful reward ... and fair reward.

After all US and Pakistan have been working closely - :coffee: So I don't see the problem ... we scratch your back you scrtach our back

Clearly if Pakistan Army will be deployed in curshing out talibans then obviously we need some sweet loving

Don't sweat people InshAllah we'll have jets better than F-16s in years to come.
Clearly if Pakistan Army will be deployed in curshing out talibans then obviously we need some sweet loving
And its about time we start depending on ourselves than US. Rest assure when this thing is over, we'll be slapped with embargoes just like in the 80s.

Well I think Pakistan should be shown some love , by US , for our war support in against taliban. Block 52 are what we agreed on 2 years ago in 2006 right.

We are not talking about current engagements , and may be if we can get these block 60 by 2015 for these operations our army will do in waziristan it would be wonderful reward ... and fair reward.

After all US and Pakistan have been working closely - :coffee: So I don't see the problem ... we scratch your back you scrtach our back

The Pakistani government is not doing the operation for free now is it. The U.S has been providing us with money since the start of the war around 1 billion dollars a year on military. so it really not like we are doing it for free. we are being rewarded every now and then.

I mean E-3 Sentry would be a good reward, or F16 block 60 12 of them ..

I mean this little candy , weaponry , like heli copters or guns or like bullet proof vests etc :what: we can get that in blouchistan

I mean really , would a real friend in war on terror would give us a spoon and ask us to dig a big hole where we can put all the talibans

The bigger the device we have the better /sooner we can get all talibans under 6 feet down the ground...

E-3 sentry & F16 block 60 would do magic ...

All the current block 50 F16 are the ones Mushy arranged for us thru his old work , we need some new incentives :undecided:

I mean E-3 Sentry would be a good reward, or F16 block 60 12 of them ..

I mean this little candy , weaponry , like heli copters or guns or like bullet proof vests etc :what: we can get that in blouchistan

I mean really , would a real friend in war on terror would give us a spoon and ask us to dig a big hole where we can put all the talibans

The bigger the device we have the better /sooner we can get all talibans under 6 feet down the ground...

E-3 sentry & F16 block 60 would do magic ...

Also when we get the alleged billion no one knows where it goes , which account I mean , at leats with some thing physical like e-3 sentry or F16 block 60 (12 of them) we can say ok here is the money and return on investment

All the current block 50 F16 are the ones Mushy arranged for us thru his old work , we need some new incentives :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom