What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I'm not doubting your source. But to an average person, the flag on the tail looks photoshopped. And pretty much all the photoshopped images are low in resolution to deceive the viewer. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they supposed to deliver the birds without any markings and insignias? I'm pretty sure our AF workshops handle all the markings and flags on the newly procured aircraft.

I read somewhere that the plant making any fighter aircraft for any foreign customers first paints these aircraft in USAF colors and hands them over to USAF (a clause in the FMS program?). The aircraft are then transferred to the foreign country, and once over there get a new paint scheme and roundels!
I know that happens with Israeli aircraft, read it somewhere.

US is not giving these plane for free. We have paid in cold hard cash. Help and support is what US provides Israel where it highly subsidizes the military hardware and civil aid twenty folds to what US ever gave to Pakistan and that to without any strings attached. Yes Pakistani Politicians and Military Dictators have not worked for the benifit of the people rather there own ulterior motives. We the people of Pakistan are not against US but against the US meddeling in our Internal affairs.

US never helped us in bad times. remember pressler ammendments etc.

Anyways the F-16 C&D's are surely welcomed.:pakistan:

Well its Pak politicians disability, they unable to create working relationship with US. Our politicians always look for hard cash support for their personal benefits.
Second, US providing these F16 on subsidize price. US is not charging full price for these planes. Otherwise Pak can't even buy 10 Rafale from france. If they willing to sell, thats another issue.

I'm not doubting your source. But to an average person, the flag on the tail looks photoshopped. And pretty much all the photoshopped images are low in resolution to deceive the viewer. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they supposed to deliver the birds without any markings and insignias? I'm pretty sure our AF workshops handle all the markings and flags on the newly procured aircraft.

What defines the high resolution for you? Each Picture is more than 2MB and when uploaded in the forum albumn, it reduced the resolution to 96K.

Regards

:Mod Edit:

Last edited:
Bezerk, please follow the link. This will take you to the Flightglobal website. It is bit difficult to entirely reject a photo appeared on the FG website. But you are right, so far there are no high resolution pictures available.

PICTURES: Lockheed Martin unveils first F-16 Block 52 ordered by Pakistan

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they supposed to deliver the birds without any markings and insignias? I'm pretty sure our AF workshops handle all the markings and flags on the newly procured aircraft.
I think marking and flags are done at the LM facility. Following is a picture of PAF's embargoed F-16s stored at Davis-Monthan AFB. These F-16s never landed on any airbase in Pakistan but they have the markings and the flags visible.

Source: http://www.f-16.net/gallery_item41204.html

Calm down, Sonicboom.

I simply shared my concerns as a "Graphic Designer". Due to the low quality of the pictures, it's quite hard to determine if the image is original or altered. But some of the contrast and levels were just not matching with the base. I never said that your source altered the image, I simply shared my opinion as a professional, that's all. I only said that it might be a PS job, didn't say it was a 100% fake.

Secondly, you did not post the high resolution images in the thread. How am I supposed to guess their original file size? I'd suggest you post them in their original file size.

And please control your unnecessary outburst next time.

I think marking and flags are done at the LM facility. Following is a picture of PAF's embargoed F-16s stored at Davis-Monthan AFB. These F-16s never landed on any airbase in Pakistan but they have the markings and the flags visible.

Source: http://www.f-16.net/gallery_item41204.html

Not sure what the SOP was back then, but that how we received our recent F-16s;

3e3dd7b04ba53ce7fca480b855a71150.jpg

657567.jpg

ce3a6acde8ef3555c3ed0e0982174d67.jpg

Calm down, Sonicboom.

I simply shared my concerns as a "Graphic Designer". Due to the low quality of the pictures, it's quite hard to determine if the image is original or altered. But some of the contrast and levels were just not matching with the base. I never said that your source altered the image, I simply shared my opinion as a professional, that's all. I only said that it might be a PS job, didn't say it was a 100% fake.

Secondly, you did not post the high resolution images in the thread. How am I supposed to guess their original file size? I'd suggest you post them in their original file size.

And please control your unnecessary outburst next time.

Lol, outburst, I did not see one. I was just trying to clarifying my position.

Anyway, thanks to Webby's instructions, I just uploaded the high resolution images. Do you want me to post them here in thread too? Please advise.

Last edited:
Anyway, could you please tell me how to upload high resolution? The only way I could do was to upload the pics first in members albumn which limited the resolution.

You can try uploading the image on a free image share website like imageshack, tinypic and leave the resolution settings to default. That'll work.

Sorry bud, but I have to agree with Sonic. I live in Arlington ( maybe 12 miles from Sonic) and have lived in this town since 1979, back when LM was General Dynamics. The plant is right outside Carswell AF base (ANG now) and I have watched several export customer's birds fly out wearing their own colors. Yessir, seen many a Star of David ( and many other nations' insignia) flyimg over Carswell!!

General Dynamics gives tours and yes, you do see different countries colors on the lines. Israel used to have their own section for themselves!!

I can understand Sonic's frustration. I don't think they were directed at you though. The plant does hand out promotional glossies from various Air Forces flying the Viper. It's good business.:D

Upload in the gallery or email me at webmaster @defence.pk. Its not that hard. Come on. We are waiting. :D

Thanks for the clarification, TexasJohn.

Refer to post # 70 in this thread. That was the reason for my confusion. ;)

Back
Top Bottom