What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Found this rare HUD shot from a PAF F-16, shooting down a Russian SU-25 on the night of April 8th, 1988, by Squadron Leader Athar Bokhari.

attachment.php

Su-25_Russian_Tail_shot_by_PAF.jpg

Wing section of the shot down Sukhoi.

'Edited'

Wing section of the shot down Sukhoi.

I believe this is from where 14 sqn got the name 'Tail choppers'.
Nope.. that nickname is from the operations taken against Kalikunda airfield by the 14th sq when it was based in Dhaka during the 65 war..

Tail of the shot down Sukhoi.

I believe this is from where 14 sqn got the name 'Tail choppers'.

Nopes, No 14 Sqn earned it's nickname back in 1965 when it decimated IAF Canberra bombers that were neatly lined up at their Kalaikunda air base as depicted in the Hussaini painting.

54029_jun28.jpg

Thanks for the correction!:tup: I always thought it was a tail and the reason for the name!:oops:

That is actually the wing section of the SU-25. !!

Yeah, I previously thought of it as a tail of the Su 25 that was shot down on that fateful night.

Another thing is that the pilot became the vice-president of Russia and came to Pakistan later on a official visit.

The wreckage of the shot down aircraft was located, but not the pilot. The tribal people caught him the next evening and handed him over to the authorities. His name was Colonel Alexander Rutskoi who later became the Vice President of the Russian Federation.

History of PIA - Forum :: View topic - Shooting Down the First Soviet Su-25 - August 4, 1988

You know out of topic here but i would really like to see some SU-25''s in PAF it could be a good aircraft for WOT any thoughts?

You know out of topic here but i would really like to see some SU-25''s in PAF it could be a good aircraft for WOT any thoughts?

sir we have so much light weight iin inventory already .thunders can do more better with light weapons

sir we have so much light weight iin inventory already .thunders can do more better with light weapons

Imran have you seen the amount of hard points and the amount of wepons it can carry it's an amazing little aircraft would be perfect for the task we seek in WOT and even actual war.

Imran have you seen the amount of hard points and the amount of wepons it can carry it's an amazing little aircraft would be perfect for the task we seek in WOT and even actual war.

i agree sir but we can't do it you know it i know it well. in real life we can have multiple ejector racks on thunder and load on them whatever we need that is in real world sir .

i agree sir but we can't do it you know it i know it well. in real life we can have multiple ejector racks on thunder and load on them whatever we need that is in real world sir .

Agreed ... however, imran i was also talking about in real world yaar kahir yes thunder shall do the job .

Imran is banned?????????? what happend? sorry not on topic but just wondering?

Back
Top Bottom