What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Exactly what I am talking about, if all strips are blue, then call the missile blue, you just called the seeker blue. Hope this clears confusion.

Hehe, so that's the problem!!!

It was because I only see the seeker in the picture!

f16block52wingamraam1.jpg

This image shows better the point I am trying to make.

The 3 blue stripes on the AIM-120, denoting all three parts.

On the AIM-9, there is one blue and orange. Showing which part is live and which is not.

The orange should be brown, like in this picture.

800px-US_Navy_980220-N-0507F-003_U.S._Marine_Corps_Lance_Cpl._Leander_Pickens_arms_an_AIM-9_Sidewinder_missile_on_a_FA-18C_Hornet.jpg

Here, the front most stripe is yellow, indicating live electronics. This missile is ready to go!

April 4/07: FRP-4. A $68.8 million indefinite-delivery/ indefinite-quantity, firm-fixed-price contract for Full Rate Production Lot 4 (FRP 4) of 321 JHMCS systems. The systems will be used on USAF F-15s and F-16s, MACH Brooks, the USN’s F/A-18 platforms, and foreign military sales to Poland (F-16s), Belgium (F-16s), Pakistan (F-16s), Greece (F-16s), Royal Australian Air Force (F/A-18s), Switzerland (F/A-18s), and Canada (F/A-18s). At this time, total funds have been obligated. Work will be complete December 2009 (F33657-01-D-0026/Delivery Order 0058).

June 28/06: Pakistan request. Pakistan requests 36 JHMCS as part of a $3 billion, 36-plane order for F-16 C/D aircraft, plus up to 60 more as part of an F-16 mid-life upgrade kit deal for their existing fleet worth another $1.3 billion. See: “$5.1B Proposed in Sales, Upgrades, Weapons for Pakistan’s F-16s”

The goal is to provide war fighters with image-intensified night vision, integrated with standard HMD symbology and Line of Sight (LOS). Projected information includes weapons status and aiming, target cueing and aircraft state parameters embedded in the night vision scene. VSI’s NVCD QuadEye is fully a lightweight, well-balanced, modular package that provides a 40- by 40-degree night field-of-view (FOV) in standard configuration, or optionally can be easily expanded to 100- by 40-degree FOV. As JHMCS is a modular “day” system, the current Display Unit can be quickly exchanged with NVCD’s QuadEye Night Vision Display Unit to support round-the-clock missions.

DiD

f16block52wingamraam1.jpg

This image shows better the point I am trying to make.

The 3 blue stripes on the AIM-120, denoting all three parts.

On the AIM-9, there is one blue and orange. Showing which part is live and which is not.

!

Is that a pod on the right side of the intake and if yes, what type? Also, what are those two red rectangles on the rear of the spine of the F-16

Is that a pod on the right side of the intake and if yes, what type? Also, what are those two red rectangles on the rear of the spine of the F-16
The first one is a sniping pod, while the 'red rectangles' are the Chaff/Flare system.

Just finished watching Seal team 6 and it shows our F-16s are still very potent and can be very dangerous for any adversary.
USAF F-15s gave warning return to base or you will be engaged and they did return :D.

Back
Top Bottom