What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

You need to understand how PAF works, it is a very secretive organization. Most probably the pilot was giving an interview off the record to a close relative or friend, PAF pilots are not allowed to give interviews without the consent of the High Command. I for one would say Pakdef is a very reliable source; news such as PAF evaluating FC20's or PAF in possession of BVR missiles was released over there.

Back to the topic, i am highly curious to know how did PAF manage to score those kills against the Typhoons?

Yes I do know and for that matter anyother individual who have some slightest of idea of Operational Planning and Procedure. If PAF was in pocession of BVR then it has no reason to keep it secret and BVR was never been any wonder weapon to make it obligatory on the part of PAF as a entity to make anything secret.

For the last couple of months and specially this month, heart beats were stopped in anticipation of the F-16s finally coming to Pakistan and people were literally counting days and now when they finally have arrived, all sort of theories are flying.
Come on guys what ever that there is in those F-16s, PAF is already well aware of that and still decided to go along with the system, obviously there was something to it which led them to make such a decision even with strings attached. So lets not get carried away with news from here and there, for what its worth, F-16s are in Pakistan and we have to live with the fact that PAF had made the decision to go for the F-16s after considering every possible opportunity including the much hyped J-10.

Pakistan Air Force formally inducted Three F-16 C/D Block-52 aircraft into fleet
June 27, 2010

By Zahid Gishkori

ISLAMABAD: Three F-16 aircraft provided by the US have formally been inducted into Pakistan Air Force (PAF) today in a ceremony at the Shahbaz Air Base.

The three F-16s are part of a batch of 18 aircrafts to be given to the Pakistan Air Force by the end of the year.

The ceremony was attended by Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, US Air Chief General Schwartz, US ambassador to Pakistan Anne Patterson and other senior civil and military officials.

Ambassador Anne Patterson said the US is increasing cooperation with Pakistan in the economic and energy sectors as well.

She added that the induction of F-16s will strengthen Pakistan’s fight against militancy.

In the second phase of adding to the PAF fleet, five F-16 Block 52 C fighter jets would be given to Pakistan over a period of a month and a half.

“The jet fighters were flown from the US to Jacobabad by Pakistan Air Force pilots, who had recently completed training on the new aircraft in the US,” Air Commodore Tariq Qamar Yazdanie told The Express Tribune. Air Marshal Muhammad Hasan, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Operations), Air Marshal Waseemud Din, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Administration), along with other senior Pakistan Air Force (PAF) officials, received the jets.

Speaking on the occasion, Hasan said Pakistan had signed a contract with the US government in 2005-2006 for the acquisition of 18 F-16s C/D Block 52.

As per the contract, the PAF would receive these aircraft in several batches. The delivery of all 18 fighters would be completed by the end of this year, he added, while the next five would be received in three weeks. The F-16s C/D Block 52 is a high tech fighter aircraft equipped with sophisticated state-of-the-art avionics suite and latest weapons with night precision attack capability, he said. “The aircraft are much superior to the F-16s A/Bs already in the PAF’s inventory.”

The sale of F-16s to Pakistan renews aircraft which existed between the US and Pakistan in the 1980s, but were halted in the 1990s. Meanwhile, sources told The Express Tribune that the US Air Force will continue to train Pakistani pilots and more than 10 pilots will complete their training with the Arizona National Guard in Tucson by the end of the year.

The US Department of Defence is also training Pakistani personnel in night-attack training and four Pakistanis have completed the training, the sources added.

A senior official of the PAF also said that Pakistan is paying $1.4 billion for the 18 new aircraft, in addition to $1.3 billion in upgrades for its existing F-16 fleet, which would be being delivered in 2012. He added that the security of the Jacobabad airbase has been enhanced and no one other than PAF officials would be allowed to have access to the renovated Shahbaz Airbase.

“Approximately Rs25 billion was allocated to upgrade the airbase, [including Rs7 billion provided by the] Economic Coordination Committee to convert it to a main-operating base,” he said.

Pakistan receives three new F-16s – The Express Tribune

Expect some good footage now - Let's hope salmansignals upload some good footage of ceremony.He always get this kind of footage and in the video where the pilot lands F-16.Why the pilots who were wing commander did not salute the Air Marshall before shaking hands?

ACM Rao Qamar Suleman has said that No. 5 Squadron will be armed with F-16 C/D Block-52 aircraft.

The US knows very well where the F 16's are going to be used---they are not idiots---.

Exactly!:victory:
And today air chief also said that all resources will be used against all types of internal and external threats including these new F-16s blk 52(pointing his finger towards F-16 blk 52), and USA ambassador to Pakistan and Cheif of US air force were both enjoying every word of PAF Air Chief :bunny::bunny::pakistan:

no.5 is Mirage sqd it should not be reequipped with F-16s now instead no.14 tailchoppers should be which was the 3rd sqd to operate Falcons until 1993. No.5 was the first sqd of Mirages and it should be the last to operate the type in PAF

I think the Mirages of No5 sqd would be phased out and replaced with F16's.- Tailchoppers might be equipped with J10 later on however Griffins or Arrows Squardon might get J10's.Which jet's Tailchoppers is currently operating?

I doubt about the authenticity of this interview with a PAF pilot. On the basis of my conversation with a close friend, even he is cautious in answering many things to me as if i am a foreign agent and more often than not, i have to repeat my questions to him. This pilot seems to be in a chit chat mood and exposing things that no sane PAF pilot will ever do. However, PAF was concerned about bugging isssues on blk 52s and have made an effective arrangement just how to use it to the best of it's ability. Far fetched things such as they will be blown up mid air or shut down or switched to auto pilot when Master Arm switch is pulled by the pilot is nothing but nonsense as this will only hurt Yanks in the longer run in Afghanistan and at the moment when they are looking to cement relations with us and sending their highest ranking military officials, do you really think they will exercise such an endeavor ?? Nonsense !!!!

One more thing, the addition of blk 52s is a huge boost to PAFs existing capabilities and our revised specifications that resulted in a much effective ECM suite (ASPIS 2), ALQ 211 EW pod (later asked) DB 110 (later asked), SNIPER ATP (later asked) and few undisclosed items also included on our request. Believe it fellows that ours are closest to Israelis as per my info and such a technology will not be left un-monitored by the Yanks.

Last edited:
that resulted in a much effective ECM suite (ASPIS 2), ALQ 211 EW pod (later asked) DB 110 (later asked),

Does that mean that our Block-52s will have DRFM capability?

Back
Top Bottom