What's new

Pakistan Election Day: 11 May 2013, updates.

I cant help, but quote this, from a NY Times Comment. Now, mind you, I think this is a major achievement for Pakistan and Pakistanis that people have braved so many threats to come out and vote. In the end, I am even happy if PMLN wins because that will be a victory of a 'process'. But...here is the comment, quoted below. Really: If half a BILLION in China were pulled out of poverty within a mere 3 decades then that the 'empirical evidence' is for all to see?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/12/w...ion.html?hp&target=comments#commentsContainer

China! What all these countries - India,Pakistan, somebody mentioned Nigeria - need is a Chinese style body politic. Forget about liberals and conservatives waxing eloquent about democracy. Lifting half a billion people out of poverty in two or three decades, it has never happened in all of human history. Why can't we go with the empirical evidence rather than some romantic notion of freedom and liberty and one man, one vote.

Everyone understands that while the Taliban know how to use the celll phone, they are far from understanding how it works. But somehow, when it comes to democracy, it is assumed that everyone knows how democracy works, including the Taliban.

Tweets.. flowing in
Confirmation: Ayaz Sadiq #PMLN has defeated Imran Khan #PTI by almost 10,000 votes in #Lahore.

@Luftwaffe not true for all...My Punjabi family and friends voted for IK...

I know you/family did vote for change but most people did vote for pml-n that shows most people lied to vote for change...noon leaguees wouldn't have won on this scale...aside from rigging It is clear people in cities and villages voted for pml-n just for atta, cheeni, daal for a few weeks let them get tormented for the next 5 years by the same people they voted for.

Last edited by a moderator:
HE LOST FROM NA 122 FROM AYAZ SIDDIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is bull crap. how?what? I am speechless.

Aman Khan ‏@Aman_speaks 1h
Ooops, #SardarAyazsadiq surpasses #IK in #NA122 and #HanifAbbasi also getting closer at #NA56, finger crossed :)))

Awab Alvi PTI@NA-250 ‏@DrAwab 25m
Counting STILL underway at Greenwich University and they call it a 500 vote victory for #mqm without Greenwich? #NA250

No respect for Lahore.

Can anyone tell me what the situation is like in Karachi. I hope Karachi doesnt let me down!

This is not rigging this is people who voted for pml n. I dont think this is due to rigging. yaar humara bohot bura haal hai bohot bura. i am shocked to the core.

Is poll rigging going on in Lahore??

They plated us...everything webt smooth during the day....once eveything came to an end....only than they started chappa thappay....all media was covering results

Shireen Mazari ‏@ShireenMazari1 48s
N's results would have been more authentic if certain Lhr & other Pu constituency results were suddenly not held up! & they continue to be!

This nation desrves PML(N), PPP and MQM.

Isi qabil ho tum loag.

HE LOST FROM NA 122 FROM AYAZ SIDDIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is bull crap. how?what? I am speechless.

Yaaar its not Imran's district.. NA-122 is in Lahore from where Ayaz won with a margin of 55,000 votes in 2008 elections...
Compared to that IK did put up a big fight...

Back
Top Bottom