What's new

Pakistan Civil Aviation | Information & News.

Man they should owe us back !
Yara, no one remembers favors, specially the desert dwellers :P

No matter what anyone tells you, don't count us out yet! We shall rise once again, and this time we aren't going to make same emotional mistakes for the betterment of the so called "ummah".

Man they should owe us back !

Yara, no one remembers favors, specially the desert dwellers :P

No matter what anyone tells you, don't count us out yet! We shall rise once again, and this time we aren't going to make same emotional mistakes for the betterment of the so called "ummah".

Emirates doesn't owe PIA anything. They fulfilled their contractual obligations at the time of the leases.

Unlike PIA however, their Head had the vision, took calculated risks and put his money where his mouth is. When he saw that he was getting beyond his ability, he brought in foreign management. Along with Cathay Pacific, Emirates probably have the best management team in the airline industry.

I didn't talk about pilot training or anything of the sort. A few parts are common because they are sourced from the same place.

There are NO common parts between ATR and Airbus aircraft whatsoever.

The avionics, hydraulics, electrical etc have no commonality.

Additionally, PIA rarely sources spares direct from the OEMs. They tend to rely on third party venders, most of whom cover a wide range of aircraft families.

Emirates doesn't owe PIA anything. They fulfilled their contractual obligations at the time of the leases.

Unlike PIA however, their Head had the vision, took calculated risks and put his money where his mouth is. When he saw that he was getting beyond his ability, he brought in foreign management. Along with Cathay Pacific, Emirates probably have the best management team in the airline industry.

Agreed.

Emirates has one of the best employee satisfaction in the world. It takes great care of them, and Tim Clark (along with others) really has made Emirates a great airline.

Emirates surely has a financial model that is an example.

There are NO common parts between ATR and Airbus aircraft whatsoever.

The avionics, hydraulics, electrical etc have no commonality.

Perhaps. I'll check it. I am pretty sure I saw on the net somewhere that ATR and Airbus have a few common parts made by the same manufacturer.

Additionally, PIA rarely sources spares direct from the OEMs. They tend to rely on third party venders, most of whom cover a wide range of aircraft families.

Agreed. These third party vendors are sometimes the cause of corruption!

Agreed.

I am pretty sure I saw on the net somewhere that ATR and Airbus have a few common parts made by the same manufacturer.
!

You are right in saying the parts are often made by the same manufacturers, however that does not confer commonality.

For example, messier-dowty produce landing gears for boeing, airbus and ATR aircraft

You are right in saying the parts are often made by the same manufacturers, however that does not confer commonality.

For example, messier-dowty produce landing gears for boeing, airbus and ATR aircraft

EADS Sogerma creates wings for ATR. And also some body sections for some Airbus aircraft. Yes, you are right that the parts are not exactly common, but they are made by the same manufacturer.

I stand corrected.

BTW, do you have any links of the PIA lease tenders? I can't find them, tenders that are open as of now.

BTW, do you have any links of the PIA lease tenders? I can't find them, tenders that are open as of now.

You can view open PIA tenders here:

PIA for Businesses

The tender for the aircraft leases closed at the end of October and was removed thereafter.

I do have a copy of the tender document should anyone wish to read it. (message me and I shall email you the copy)

I can't PM you, so any other method?

I just want to know the final situation in these tenders?

Which tenders are currently open and PIA is pursuing.

I can't PM you, so any other method?

I just want to know the final situation in these tenders?

Which tenders are currently open and PIA is pursuing.

I managed to find the tenders documents online.

2 Widebody aircraft tender here:
http://www.piac.com.pk/cms/tenders/1604_DryLease-twoWideBody.pdf

5 narrowbody aircraft tender here:
http://www.piac.com.pk/cms/tenders/1605_DryLease-fiveWideBody.pdf

Keep in mind that both tenders are separate.

The important bit to note is that the tenders are weighted 30% technical and 70% financial. It wouldn't take much for a lessor to offer a lower bid and nullify the fleet commonality aspect.

Of course, this being Pakistan, some mouths are already yapping and there are rumours that airbus aircraft have been selected.

We should know in the new few weeks.

I don't think anyone will lease their planes to PIA.

I don't understand why they are buying more Boeing 777s. We already have 9 of them and really if you look at PIA's destinations, there are very few in the long range. What we need to do is replace the old Boeing 737 and Airbus A-310 ASAP with a newer short range aircraft. Every other day you hear domestic incidents happening. In past few weeks, Lahore, Islamabad and Skardu faced problems...

I don't understand why they are buying more Boeing 777s. We already have 9 of them and really if you look at PIA's destinations, there are very few in the long range. What we need to do is replace the old Boeing 737 and Airbus A-310 ASAP with a newer short range aircraft. Every other day you hear domestic incidents happening. In past few weeks, Lahore, Islamabad and Skardu faced problems...
To replace 747-300's which are backbone for hajj and regional services, i agree on the a310 part though.

Agar bara aircraft layna tha to phir Boeing 787 lay taaay :hitwall:
b787 is small, can't replace 747, however it can replace a310 for sure, i hope they go for 787 in near future.

Back
Top Bottom