What's new

Pakistan can survive without US aid!

^ Exactly how many US tax payers know about US funding Pakistan? Probably only American Indians and a few others besides that.

^^ plenty do. Americans are quite engaged in politics just like Pakistanis are. I don't see eye to eye with this group " tea party republicans" - but totally agree with them that freebies on tax payers dime needs to stop. Trust me Americans know pakistan pretty well- every year we are reminded about some terror plot foiled that emanated from Pakistan on the news. last year was that Faisal fella...

They are engaged in politics but few seem to have any idea about US dealings with Pakistan. I'd be surprised that besides Indians in America, that anymore than 5-10% Americans know that US does this.

^ Exactly how many US tax payers know about US funding Pakistan? Probably only American Indians and a few others besides that.

And US congressmen!!..they are the ones who control your aid tap.

They are engaged in politics but few seem to have any idea about US dealings with Pakistan. I'd be surprised that besides Indians in America, that anymore than 5-10% Americans know that US does this.

your surprise notwithstanding- . even in presidential races , where typically in the past there was no mention of the word pakistan , now its is debated heatedly.

Cut off their supply line for 7 days and watch their diplomats begging for mercy. There's no such thing as 'US Pressure' if our Government grows a spine.

Cut off their supply line for 7 days and watch their diplomats begging for mercy. There's no such thing as 'US Pressure' if our Government grows a spine.

that's a decision for your military, from what I read they enjoy quite a bit of funding from those billions given .

Heated debate? Not so.

But I was talking about taxpayers, not the president candidates.

Heated debate? Not so.

But I was talking about taxpayers, not the president candidates.

Perhaps you are not following the context . I was giving you an example showing Americans known Pakistan quite well and know we fund it with out tax dollars. If it gets talked about in presidential politics, then it is an important issue that the Americans hear.

anyways, as I said - we Americans are in complete agreement with Pakistani citizens and ask that all funding stops. In fact we were surprised to learn the our govt and our money was sent to help the flood victims ( $ 300 million) when your fair weather friend china only gave 10 million.

China didn't give only 10 million...

Lol, I don't think you speak for all Americans. Maybe for all Indian Americans. In presidential politics it was a minor issue, and from my experience Americans tend not to be too knowledgeable about Pakistan anyway. I highly doubt any more than 10% (20% in the very worst case) of Americans know that US gives aid to Pakistan. Other Indian Americans probably realize this and that's why they rarely discuss it.

Iam a US tax payer so are many other millions of Pakistani / Pakistani americans living in the US that pay taxes we do not support bs wars but yes i do support the fact that funds need to be paid to someone if that someone is doing the dirty work for you that be Pakistan doing it for daddy sam what you think the world is free of taken hell no gota work hard for it.. so gota pay up when you want a job done simply.

^^^ I do believe your country's citizens ( Pakistan) does NOT want aid. Are you advocating for continued aid and thereby giving up rights of sovereignty for Pakistan? Have you made that clear to your fella ( PAK) countrymen here? I think you are in the minority on these boards and dare say even among your countrymen there.

Btw are you a US citizen? because even a tourist is a tax payer in the US.

China didn't give only 10 million...

Lol, I don't think you speak for all Americans. Maybe for all Indian Americans. In presidential politics it was a minor issue, and from my experience Americans tend not to be too knowledgeable about Pakistan anyway. I highly doubt any more than 10% (20% in the very worst case) of Americans know that US gives aid to Pakistan. Other Indian Americans probably realize this and that's why they rarely discuss it.

^^ I who lives here and tried to show you that pakistan is constantly in the news every time anything WOT comes up. Explained to you- We Americans see news about how practically most foiled terror plots is rooted in Pakistan.. Then added that -Pakistan which was a dedicated topic during presidential debates because of the high nature of concerns it holds on foreign policy for the Americans--- were disregarded by you for this crystal ball you have about all Americans and what they pay attention to? Okay... :)

Unfortunately, try as you may, you do not speak for all Americans. Americans don't remember Pakistan, they remember an Islamic extremist. Believe it or not. Most Americans know very little about Pakistan. As stated again, discussions about Pakistan were not of high nature and lasted maybe 30 seconds. This is going to not work for you man. Don't waste time on it.

Btw, you're accusing me of hold a crystal ball, yet you're doing the same. I am actually more aware of what interests Americans, and Pakistan isn't too high on the list. Iran, North Korea, Israel are though.

Back
Top Bottom