What's new

Pakistan calls for Morsi’s release !

I would not understand why Pakistan did that.

First, it is Egypt's internal affairs. Why would PK did this to interfere Egpyt's internal affairs. Egpyt can simply igore what PK has asked or told PK to shut the fxxk up. In a way, what PK did is really 自讨其辱。

Second, what muslim brotherhood has done in Egypt has already make Egypt slide into a big hole that divides the Egypt society in such a whole-scale conflicting situation. It turns a relative secular country into a religious shxt hole. What Egypt Army has done is absolutely necessary to correct the country's direction from falling into the religious cliff. Even its closest partner, U.S., still refrains from expressing such opinion. What PK's opinion will matter considering Egypt does not have any need from PK at all???

Pakistan calls for Morsi’s release, urges return to democracy in Egypt

Pakistan on Friday called for the immediate release of deposed Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi and urged the restoration of democratic institutions in Egypt.

“Pakistan urges all sides in Egypt to address the legal and constitutional issues in an inclusive and peaceful manner to enable the country to successfully restore the democratic institutions as early as possible,” Foreign Office spokesman Aizaz Chaudhry said in a press statement issued Friday.

“We also call for the immediate release of Mr. Mohammad Morsi,” said the foreign office.

Pakistan’s most recent statement is a departure from its earlier stance on the overthrow of the Morsi government. Previous statements has emphasised upholding the values of democracy and aspirations of the Egyptian people.

Acknowledging the ‘January 2011 revolution’ in Egypt that ousted former dictator Hosni Mubarak, the foreign office said the recent loss of innocent lives was a “major setback for Egypt’s return to democracy.”

The statement comes the same day as clashes erupted during massive rallies by ousted president Morsi’s opponents and loyalists, and reports of at least two people killed in the violence.

According to reports, more than 100,000 Morsi opponents took to streets in response to a call from army chief General Abdel Fattah al-Sisi for Egyptians to show their support for a security clampdown on “terrorism”.

“Having itself suffered from repeated extra-constitutional interventions, Pakistan is opposed to military interventions for resolution of disputes in any country,” said the Pakistani Foreign Office spokesman.

Chaudhry said Pakistan hoped Egypt would be able to “deal with its affairs in a manner that ensures political stability, sustained democracy and development of their country.”

Pakistan calls for Morsi?s release, urges return to democracy in Egypt - DAWN.COM

I would not understand why Pakistan did that.

First, it is Egypt's internal affairs. Why would PK did this to interfere Egpyt's internal affairs. Egpyt can simply igore what PK has asked or told PK to shut the fxxk up. In a way, what PK did is really 自讨其辱。

Second, what muslim brotherhood has done in Egypt has already make Egypt slide into a big hole that divides the Egypt society in such a whole-scale conflicting situation. It turns a relative secular country into a religious shxt hole. What Egypt Army has done is absolutely necessary to correct the country's direction from falling into the religious cliff. Even its closest partner, U.S., still refrains from expressing such opinion. What PK's opinion will matter considering Egypt does not have any need from PK at all???

with elected govt in power, we had a chance to re-establish our relations with Egypt, that are long gone due to Suez Stance of Pakistan in 1956.

We donot enjoy any hope from this new dictator.

secondly, one democracy is naturally more lenient to another democracy. we have suffered same from dictators as Egypt has and is again going to.

I am not sure where you are going. I am not sure where your comments are related to mine?

with elected govt in power, we had a chance to re-establish our relations with Egypt, that are long gone due to Suez Stance of Pakistan in 1956.

We donot enjoy any hope from this new dictator.

secondly, one democracy is naturally more lenient to another democracy. we have suffered same from dictators as Egypt has and is again going to.

If we pose an embargo on India, the consequences will be very devastating for Pakistan itself, that's why politics is all about diplomacy.

This part didn't quite get it? Would you please explain how embargo on india would have devastating consequences for Pakistan?

This part didn't quite get it? Would you please explain how embargo on india would have devastating consequences for Pakistan?

You have to ask those who thanked and replied to my post to explain to you what did I imply within the context. I only do interpretations at work, so sorry.

Back
Top Bottom