What's new

Pakistan army warns of ‘disproportionate response’ in future wars

India should ignore it.

Pakistan's reserve is mere $ 16 billion. Can't sustain war.

Pak armed forces are just unhappy that they are not getting the toys and India is getting every other day.

$16 billion :what:
Last i chk it was less than $10 billion, infact as of 8th Nov 2013, it was just $9.5 billion. Not to mention it also includes IMF loan amount:azn:

Pakistan forex reserves rise to $9.509 bn - DAWN.COM

Karchi is going down bros. Big time.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-neil-degrasse-tyson.png

And there lies the rub.
Pakistan has nothing that India wants apart from stopping terrorism which Pakistan is under pressure from greater powers than Indian already.

So what would Pakistan do or give to that would make India change its stance on Kashmir?

Something I have been asking for ages. What is it that Pakistan brings to the table in any substantive discussions? What are they going to offer India? Many Pakistanis seem to operate on the assumption that they will be doing all the asking & India will simply roll over & give. They keep talking about issues like Siachen or Kashmir in general without ever specifying what it is that will offer in return for whatever concessions they expect from India. Why exactly do they think that India will be accomodative of their concerns? Ask Pakistanis that & they simply go blank & simply stay with the old stated positions as if they offering anything new. They seem not to understand that the very idea of a dialogue works only if there is some discussion & movement from stated positions. For that to happen, there must be some reason why India will agree to change her position. Some sort of a quid pro quo. Never seen any one articulating that here or outside. That would be something to discuss not the usual grandstanding exercises.

Something I have been asking for ages. What is it that Pakistan brings to the table in any substantive discussions? What are they going to offer India? Many Pakistanis seem to operate on the assumption that they will be doing all the asking & India will simply roll over & give. They keep talking about issues like Siachen or Kashmir in general without ever specifying what it is that will offer in return for whatever concessions they expect from India. Why exactly do they think that India will be accomodative of their concerns? Ask Pakistanis that & they simply go blank & simply stay with the old stated positions as if they offering anything new. They seem not to understand that the very idea of a dialogue works only if there is some discussion & movement from stated positions. For that to happen, there must be some reason why India will agree to change her position. Some sort of a quid pro quo. Never seen any one articulating that here or outside. That would be something to discuss not the usual grandstanding exercises.

They are offering the prospect of peace bro.

Otherwise they will keep fingering us.

That's the only thing I get out of our current level of engagement. And frankly, that's all they can and have to offer.

Yet it was Indian newspapers that have published three articles on war with Pakistan in the last 24 hours? How many Pakistanis have discussed grand strategic analysis of actual war with Pakistan in the last 24 hours?

Pakistan has never had or used first strike as a doctrine of war, there is a reason Pakistan has been securing a second strike capability. Indian media and analysts are no better than ZZH, fussing over Pakistan, why would Pakistan's top brass not develop strategies to counter threats from it's neighbor who has stronger conventional forces and has repeatedly caused contention?

Tell me, if you as an Indian find it funny that Pakistan's defence strategy is India centric, why is India always looking to increase her fleet capability to counter China's influence?

If your pm makes an statement about going to war, it is natural for indian newspaper to publish articles about war. It doesn't require any more pakistanis to discuss anything for that matter.

Pakistan has struck first always in all the conventional wars. If pakistan doesn't intend to do first nuclear strike, they should declare a no first use policy. Instead you guys threaten to use your nuclear weapons. And i am not talking about trolls on PDF, even your topmost brass mentions nuclear weapons at every chance they get.

When did I say I have problems with pakistan having a india centric defence policy? All I am saying is pakistani state by its nature is aggressive and war monger, yet they blame others of being the same.

That's the only thing I get out of our current level of engagement. And frankly, that's all they can and have to offer.

They cant do it on their soil, then how will they control others?

Fingering can be a two way street. There must be something more than that. Otherwise everything can come under..."if you want peace, do this....or else"

This time I am sure the Navy is going to show its true colors. I am not seeing a long lifeline future for Karachiites as Pakistanis in any scenario I wargame mentally.

Karchi is going down bros. Big time.
Isn't Karchi already in the dumps? our agents are doing a bloody good job there.

Isn't Karchi already in the dumps? our agents are doing a bloody good job there.

I meant it would be nice to have it as an Indian port. Good for business. Think of the huge savings in oil freight from Iran and the ME.

I meant it would be nice to have it as an Indian port. Good for business. Think of the huge savings in oil freight from Iran and the ME.
Yes that would be great, Karachi, lahore and NankanaSahib must be under Indian control.

Disproportionate response warrants a disproportionate power. How will Pakistan give a disproportionate response to India? i.e to T 90 and Arjun with Al Khalid and to 150 MKI with 50 JF 17.

Can anybody explain?

Last edited:
given that any Indian retaliation would be in answer to pakistan-origin Islamic terrorism, India would now be left with no option but to retaliate on an existential scale, knowing that pakistan's Army intends to counter-retaliate on a "disproportionate" scale.
An own-goal, as usual, pakistan Army, whose job it is to defend the pak awaam, ensures the awaam survives in a perpetual state of endangerment.
Citizenry of an intelligent society would've been capable of looking through Pindi's wheeling & dealings, but then you're pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom