What's new

Pakistan army obtain 3 LAZAR2 Vehicles

What are the unit price of these as Pakistan could have chosen Turkish products such as Pars, Arma, Tulpar or many other land vehicles which has been exported to many countries and is tested in many difficult conditions.

However these are very important for Pakistan as they are fighting terrorist, as seen with us as well BMPs we used was useless and very bad against IED and protection however our new MRAP saved many soldiers lives.

Why not single type?2 types will increase logistics?

Because Lazar 2 is not MRAP. It has some characteristics of MRAP like side windows, but in whole it's a MRAV vehicle like Patria AMV or GTK Boxer. After all first we need to know the needs of Pakistan army.

MRAP vehicles are basically armored buses, with V shaped hull and highly raised chassis, lightly armed (in most cases with 7.62 or 12.7mm machine guns), but with a high resistance to IEDs. So basically they are god for patrolling the roads, and stuf like that.

While MRAV vehicles can be used for many other things, depending on the vehicle configuration. You can put something like Protector RWS on them and they will practly be armored transporters. But if you put on them some additional armor, slat cage and 30mm RWS, you will get an IVF.

Only real advantage of MRAP over MRAV vehicle is their higher resistance to IED. But for one modern MRAV vehicle, you can probably buy 5 modern MRAP vehicles.

The Lazar is perfect for Pakistan's counter-insurgency effort, it can withstand IEDs, ambushes, RPGs, and provides adequate protection to troops inside. Also good firepower M55 auto-cannon, grenade launchers, and window slots that open to allow soldiers to fire at the enemy from inside. The Lazar seems really rugged hopefully it can withstand the arduous terrain of the battlefield in NW Pakistan.

Because Lazar 2 is not MRAP. It has some characteristics of MRAP like side windows, but in whole it's a MRAV vehicle like Patria AMV or GTK Boxer. After all first we need to know the needs of Pakistan army.

MRAP vehicles are basically armored buses, with V shaped hull and highly raised chassis, lightly armed (in most cases with 7.62 or 12.7mm machine guns), but with a high resistance to IEDs. So basically they are god for patrolling the roads, and stuf like that.

While MRAV vehicles can be used for many other things, depending on the vehicle configuration. You can put something like Protector RWS on them and they will practly be armored transporters. But if you put on them some additional armor, slat cage and 30mm RWS, you will get an IVF.

Only real advantage of MRAP over MRAV vehicle is their higher resistance to IED. But for one modern MRAV vehicle, you can probably buy 5 modern MRAP vehicles.

Are you sure about that Lazar2 is fully MRAP from what I understand.

Are you sure about that Lazar2 is fully MRAP from what I understand.

No these vehicles are MRAP:

Buffalo (mine protected vehicle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

International MaxxPro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RG-33 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cougar (vehicle) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MRAP vehicles are basically patrol vehicles on 4x4 and 6x6 platforms. And vheicles like Lazar 2 and similar, are MRAV (Multi-Role Armoured Vehicle). You can use tham as patrol vehicles, IFVs, transporters.... while MRAP vehicles have main purpose in being a patrol vehicles. You will rarely see some MRAP being used outside of the road.

134567_55629454_Photo0395.jpg

Lazer 1
courtesy proka89

152799_65340824_Lazar%202.jpg

Lazer 2

between this two first one look sexy to me

I believe since we are already eyeing the MRAP from US thats why there was no need to get MRAP under this program, and it was decided to go ahead with MRAV platform only.

134567_55629454_Photo0395.jpg

Lazer 1
courtesy proka89

152799_65340824_Lazar%202.jpg

Lazer 2

between this two first one look sexy to me

to me last one and it has some more features
@monitor where is the place of Lazar 1 picture ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe since we are already eyeing the MRAP from US thats why there was no need to get MRAP under this program, and it was decided to go ahead with MRAV platform only.
i believe we should not sit in US lap for few MARPs or take damn huge security responsibility of their windrow for those scrappy that's is why kiyani said we don't need . you guys have very limited view of things .

i believe we should not sit in US lap for few MARPs or take damn huge security responsibility of their windrow for those scrappy that's is why kiyani said we don't need . you guys have very limited view of things .
Kiyani ne ye kab kaha immu bhai? waisy bhi Amreeka good will ke tor pe kuch tou de ga na? no?

Indeed, this is great news this is what PAK army needs to use in Northern Pakistan to kill those scums also can play vital role in many other arenas good move by our armies higher staff to save the lives of our troops.

Kiyani ne ye kab kaha immu bhai? waisy bhi Amreeka good will ke tor pe kuch tou de ga na? no?

kiyani ne last month kaha dear . weapons sab kuch nhi hoty bro. yaad rahy jitna hum un se leen gay hamari zimadari bardhti jaay gee or hum defencive hoty jaay gay . mery bhai we made 10 type of APCs in thousands of numbers . itni kam keemat mat lagao dost .

STANAG 4569 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The concept of LAZAR 2 represents a combination of the concept of vehicles class MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle) and MRAV (Multi-Purpose Armored Vehicle), but it is closer to the MRAV concept first of all because of introduction of independent suspension.
STANG

http://www.armyrecognition.com/part..._vehicle_lazar_2_at_partner_2013_2506133.html
Sorry but that is not about Lazar 2. Only data available for Lazar 2 is this:
348llk6.jpg

And here are a few more interesting pics:

Driver seat:
68942_IMAG0061%5B1%5D.jpg

2la55d3.jpg

Commander seat:
35mjkhf.jpg

All thanks for the pics goes to dzumba from Palubainfo forum.

Apparently American MRAPs are declined by the PA.
High maintenance, training, etc,

Read it on a article written by Usman Ansari sahib.

they probably would have less than half of the designed life in them. And of course, like you said, we would need to "do more" if we take them.

Back
Top Bottom