What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

If it is Altay then its great! maybe joint manufacturing to reduce the cost could be a great initiative hypothetically.

If it is Altay then its great! maybe joint manufacturing to reduce the cost could be a great initiative hypothetically.
I seriously doubt that it could be Altay although I hope Altay comes to Pakistan. But I think it would be OPLOT M. Where are you Mr @Horus and @balixd. Sir both of you are needed to either confirm or reject this news.

If its not Oplot, then chances are its a variant of Type-99.

As we have no major options other then Ukrainians & Chinese at current time period.
I was hoping you would be telling exact detail of which Tank is it and How many we plan to induct.

I was hoping you would be telling exact detail of which Tank is it and How many we plan to induct.
Sir , exact cannot and will not be released until you see singing of MOU etc or the tank in a parade , relax chill whatever it is a good machine and until signing even though it is sure , anything could go wrong

Sir , exact cannot and will not be released until you see singing of MOU etc or the tank in a parade , relax chill whatever it is a good machine and until signing even though it is sure , anything could go wrong
You are giving no detail so debate would continue until we know what Tank are you talking about @Horus

True it is, got it from the Corp itself
Young man. If it is a secret you are doing a dis service to your country by openning your mouth. Many a plans have been laid to waste by a loose tongue. So if it is a secret keep it zipped and throw away the key. When your source tells you it is OK to talk then share. This idiocy has to stop.
A

For Pakistan, there is hardly an exact type. If its a Chinese one, we may see some western or own systems getting incorporated, just like what we saw in AK or older ones. PA will try to get the best out of whatever it can get its hand laid on.

And again how many can not be told, as it depends on operational requirement, the number of older units to be upgraded and the adversary which is has to face. AK had big plans, but did not got to that number, same will be here too. Who knows few hundreds are made and then operational requirements require something new or more upgraded.

Had it been upto me, i would have given armor its due share but would have massively invested in the ATGM capability of the infantry, as they are the ones who will face these monsters most of the time and they should have capability to take down these monsters from long ranges as well as from short ones. Its very important.

PA needs to invest in precision weaponry on a big scale if they want to stop the enemy before any major damage.

For Pakistan, there is hardly an exact type. If its a Chinese one, we may see some western or own systems getting incorporated, just like what we saw in AK or older ones. PA will try to get the best out of whatever it can get its hand laid on.

And again how many can not be told, as it depends on operational requirement, the number of older units to be upgraded and the adversary which is has to face. AK had big plans, but did not got to that number, same will be here too. Who knows few hundreds are made and then operational requirements require something new or more upgraded.

Had it been upto me, i would have given armor its due share but would have massively invested in the ATGM capability of the infantry, as they are the ones who will face these monsters most of the time and they should have capability to take down these monsters from long ranges as well as from short ones. Its very important.

PA needs to invest in precision weaponry on a big scale if they want to stop the enemy before any major damage.
On that I agree for infantry Pakistan needs Anti Tank Weapons like Carl Gaustav and HJ 12. I mean similar weapons and for them Turkey and China and Spain and Russia can be our source.

On that I agree for infantry Pakistan needs Anti Tank Weapons like Carl Gaustav and HJ 12. I mean similar weapons and for them Turkey and China and Spain and Russia can be our source.

Carl Gustav RR is useless against tanks..

We need a man portable Fire and Forget ATGM.

Carl Gustav RR is useless against tanks..

We need a man portable Fire and Forget ATGM.
But they can be quite effective against bunkers and other targets and as for man portable Anti Tank Weapons well HJ 12 is one great option and NLAW of SAAB is also good and than there is new French one. We need to get two of these so I suggest HJ 12 and one we should design and produce with Turkey.
@cabatli_53 @Sinan

But they can be quite effective against bunkers and other targets and as for man portable Anti Tank Weapons well HJ 12 is one great option and NLAW of SAAB is also good and than there is new French one. We need to get two of these so I suggest HJ 12 and one we should design and produce with Turkey.
@cabatli_53 @Sinan
Consider AKKOR too..... ATGMs are widely deployed against regular armies by assymetric forces. We lost couple of tanks to ISIS ATGMs. IMO, importance of obtaining active protection for tanks, far exceeds the importance of having ATGMs.

Back
Top Bottom